Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Website issue

Does anyone know if there is a phone number or email contact for AARP to address an issue with the AARP.org website?  I have spent the last 2 hours on hold and/or talking to people are absolutely unable to help with the website. Would appreciate any information about how to get in touch with someone at AARP that deals with webpage issues.

thanks

0 Kudos

1 (888) 463-9195 This is the number I called for help. Be sure they just send you to their tech support.  The verification code I receive never works.  Woman I spoke with had to send a note to review and it will take 3 to 5 business days.   They will only email or snail mail. No call backs. Good luck!  I’m still waiting.  

Also my issue is the text they send with the verification code. Code will not work- ever!  So many steps to just login and the verification code is supposedly the last step.  

also receive a message to change my Gmail to the Gmail that currently shows. You have to click to change it. So ridiculous.  This site is a mess as well as their app. 

Community Concierge

Hi Mary. I'm sorry you're having an issue logging into your aarp.org account. For information on help, please click on https://aarp.info/3rhAMzA If you have any questions, I'm always here to help. - Stephen K.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Hope everyone is doing well today. I just want to know if anyone else is having this problem with signing in. Lately when I have to log in, the page keeps going back to the login page. The other day It said that it didn't recognize my account. I had to reset my password. Now when I try to give a thumbs up it goes to the login page. Also after I reply to a subject it goes to the login page. At the top where you see rewards points, I click and it shows I'm logged in. I'm getting tired of having to clear the cache files and signing back in. I'm just saying 😬

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MarissaB457878 Let's look into it! We were performing website maintenance that may have been affecting the performance of the site for you. What kind of issue are you experiencing on our site? Are you getting an error message? You may need to clear your browser's cache and cookies and make sure it's updated to the latest version: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/site-issues If you'd like to give us a call, our toll-free nationwide phone number is 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there

I have already spent 2 hours on the phone with various people at AARP and have had no help other than to refer me to a different phone number, none of whom have any technical experience whatsoever.  Is there truly no technical assistance contact phone number for an organization that exists primarily online???

In terms of specifics, I already cleared my cache/cookies prior to contacting AARP.  I am having 2 issues.  The first (and most annoying), is trying to use the exercise entry log for the "Fit and Fun Challenge" which started on the 14th in the "Staying Sharp" section of the website.  I am able to enter the mileage for each day, but none of it saves from day to day, in spite of hitting the huge red "Save" button repeatedly.  I do not get an error message, it just won't save anything.  

The 2nd issues is in the rewards section.  I have been trying for at least 3 weeks to redeem an award for a subscription to the Travel and Leisure magazine (listed as a man cave reward).  It goes through the motions of redeeming the 10,000 points, but then says "oops, etc" and will not redeem or register me for the subscription.

Any help is appreciated - especially a phone number for technical support.

thanks

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@MarissaB457878 , I was thinking about your "saving" info issue with entries on the Fit and Fun challenge. You say you clear cookies. I wonder if clearing cookies causes it to lose the information entered. That info may be saved on your cookies. I clear cache all the time, but am selective on cookie deletion (just in case). Just a thought, that may not be it though.

Periodic Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, but it was happening before I cleared the cache and cookies.

mj

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MarissaB457878 I understand what you're saying. Our site completed the recent maintenance this morning. Please try the troubleshooting steps again found in our article:  https://help.aarp.org/s/article/site-issues 

Phone support for the Staying Sharp site is 866-747-7512 

What is the exact error message that you're receiving when you try to redeem your points for that magazine subscription? 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Janelle

Here's the error message I got when I just tried to redeem again:

Magazine Subscription

10,000 Points$15 Value

Get a one year-print subscription to one of today's most popular magazines. Choose from Travel + Leisure, Esquire, or Men’s Health. The cherry on top? Enjoy access to the current digital issue today to start enjoying it instantly.

Allow 3-10 weeks for your first issue to be delivered. Shipping times may be delayed due to various issues associated with the Covid-19 pandemic.

Limit 1 per person.

Oops! An error occurred. Please refresh your browser to get back on track.

Disclosure

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MarissaB457878 I see, thank you for that info. Please give our Rewards team a call for further assistance with that redemption error: 1-866-451-6305

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks Janelle, I will try to call them, appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Janelle

thanks for the response.  I actually tried calling that number several times last week, but the recording says that they are not taking calls as they are too busy. I haven't tried it today, but last time I tried was on Monday and they still wouldn't take a message or answer the phone.

In terms of the rewards, I tried it earlier today and it still wouldn't redeem, but I will go back and see if I can snip the error message and post it for you.

thanks

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

In the past when I've called, the person writes a ticket of some sort and sends it to the techies.   The admins here have also expedi ted help by doing the same thing.     The last time I called the man I spoke with was less than helpful but most times the person does try to help.   I think it's a problem on their end most likely as here we go with yet another maintenance.   I have been getting Error 16 and locked out a number of days in the last week or so, ever since the previous maintenance, each of which makes things worse.

Periodic Contributor

Hi HokiePoq, thanks for the feedback.  I have had no one offer to open a ticket for me.  Wish there was a technical support line.

mj

Regular Social Butterfly

This might help with Error 16: How To Fix Error Code 16 

If not, try searching "Error Code 16" to find other possible fixes.

(Please note this is not technically a site issue but a browser issue.)

hth

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Gold Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman  Did that first thing and found it was because of time/date stamp.  I am away from home and in a different time zone right now.   But it somehow fixed itself and here I am posting when I couldn't a few days ago.   Same problem with both browsers I use and didn't have problem before maintenance.  Whether that was a coincidence or not, I do not know.   If it happens again, I will try that, thanks for your help.   Couldn't even post here to ask for help then.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP