Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

WEBSITE MALFUNCTIONING BADLY AGAIN--NO POINTS BEING CREDITED FOR ANY COMPLETED ACTIVITY NOW--

Regular Contributor

WEBSITE MALFUNCTIONING BADLY AGAIN--NO POINTS BEING CREDITED FOR ANY COMPLETED ACTIVITY NOW--

This latest stupidity by AARP just started around 2:35AM Pacific Time, Monday 11/16/2020.

All of a sudden, in the middle of watching videos and taking quizzes which were just crediting points a few minutes before, the crediting of points just stopped. Also, completed activities stopped showing as "checked off" on the list of activities, and ceased being shown in the transaction history, both at the same time as points stopped being credited.

Somebody on AARP's "IT Team" or whatever they're calling themselves touched something they weren't supposed to, or tried to change/upgrade/fix/enhance/etc etc etc something that wasn't necessary, and fouled up the website for about the millionth time. All it takes is changing/deleting/adding one character on one tiny piece of coding to mess everything up.

SUGGESTION TO AARP "Techs": Keep your **bleep** hands off the **bleep** website when there is no reason to be poking around the coding/scripting, you are only screwing things up more than they already are!!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have no points this morning!  I cannot earn points nor redeem points.  Major malfunction.

Community Concierge

@carlmittain @a170938b @11320cs Thank you for reaching out, AARP Rewards is currently experiencing a major outage. This outage is causing Rewards point balance, earn and redeem functions to fail. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible and we truly appreciate your patience.

Conversationalist

Correct. No redemption possible either. I even cleared my browsing data and rebooted, twice. It is the website malfunctioning!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP