Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Contributor

Videos not Crediting

Just when I think this site can't get any worse,......  This morning, I have watched eight videos, and not a one of them has credited.  Even after I wait a while and check them again, they don't credit.  I checked my transaction history several hours later.  No credit.  In fact, my total points earned are not showing up, and, in my transaction history, it is showing nothing earned since September 6, five days ago!  That is totally ridiculous, because I earn the maximum allowed every day.  I don't understand why a corporation that has the money this one has can't afford technicians who can get this site fixed once and for all.  There is no doubt it is the worst site I am on every day.

Trusted Contributor

So, guess what?  They're going to do more maintenance, shutting down the site from 2-4 pm today.  Why can't they do this at 2-4 am?! 

Community Concierge

@ridgeviewfarm The AARP Rewards website is currently experiencing issues and you may see a maintenance message on the site. Our team is working to get this resolved as soon as possible. We are terribly sorry for this inconvenience and recommend that you please try again later. 

@MicheleW321192 @sherilee17 @a170938b @LR54 @11320cs @NeilJ79942 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thanks for the post! 🙂

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] (☉౪ ⊙)
Trusted Contributor

When I first accessed the site this morning it was down for maintenance. Now it is up (?) but seems to be just as problematic as yesterday, if not worse. Activities not registering, point balance not updating, pages not loading. I am signed in but keep getting asked to sign in again.

Trusted Contributor

It is now Monday.  Nothing has improved.  I have given up.  I am being cheated out of my daily points.

Regular Contributor

And now it is Tuesday and nothing is working for me on any device. Geesh.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, at least three days in a row now.  Nothing is working.  What an incredible waste of time!  Now we are getting a message that AARP is experiencing intermittent problems.  ROFL!  The only thing intermittent is this site actually working.  And we continue to get no comments/explanations from Admin.  There's a surprise!  Not!

Conversationalist

It is exceedingly hard for the system to give up its points today as well. Has AARP contracted with "Mr Scrooge inc."?

Regular Contributor

The mini crossword didn't credit points either.  I did it early this morning and it still hasn't credited by late afternoon.  In fact, it isn't checked off as it normally is when I finish it.  So I clicked on it again, to do again, but it shows all my answers and won't let me do it again!  So no points, crazy!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have spent over four hours today earning my 7,500 points because, hours later, the videos I had watched still had not credited.  Considering what little 7,500 points will get me, I would be lucky if I've made 50 cents per hour!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Same here. Website is worse than ever today. I am starting to wonder if the site has been hacked and someone is causing the problems. Hard to believe that their IT people are so incompetent that the site never gets any better.

Trusted Contributor

Same here.  I have also answered a quiz without getting points.  I did get points on two videos but no points on three other videos.  I quit trying for points for an hour or so, but the problem did not go away.  It is hard to understand why we keep having these problems.  Disappointing!

Contributor

They either have outdated equipment or their IT staff is incompetent. My guess is the later based on the number of outages as well as the time of the outages. After all, any quality IT organization would never schedule system maintenance during prime times, which seems to be happening more frequently lately. So either they are being dishonest about it being 'scheduled maintenance' or they are just incapable of operating a quality IT service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP