Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Video playback failing

Lately, when I click on the > button to start a video, it doesn't start.  It tries and tries and eventually fails giving me a big 'X' on the screen.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline @AARPTeri 

The reward videos have been slow again this week since at least Monday November 9th.

Is anyone else having a problem with slow video playback this week, including today November 13th???  Sometimes the ad before the video loads just fine and the rewards video stalls showing an "x", as has been reported in this topic previously. Usually there is not problem loading the advertisement, just the reward video.😮

I am using the Chrome browser on a laptop running Windows 10.

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline @AARPTeri 

I hope that I am not speaking too soon, but, today the rewards videos played with much less lag.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been uable to download and play any videos since the first of March.  I've tried different browsers.  I've signed on and off the site.  I've restarted my computer.  I even reset my modem!  I even reinstalled my video player.  Nothing has helped.  The AARP videos are the ONLY ones that won't play.  I can watch videos from all other websites just fine.   I'm frustrated.  For two months I've been contacting AARP through chat and phone and they haven't helped.  Keep telling me to try again in a couple days.  Well, it's been a couple months!  And I still can't watch the videos.  They worked fine before the first of March.  What happened to the website???  Nothings wrong on my end.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I'm using Chrome on a laptop.  The videos are loading slowly and strangely (choppy).  When I moved to another window while between videos my other tabs became very slow today.

Maybe it has something to do with the new policy regarding videos, where videos must be the active window/tab to play?

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I also had that problem with some videos not loading the last couple of days.  Specifically, 'Transform your walk', 'Total body workout at the park', 'There's a right wat to walk', Stretch to ease foot and ankle pain', 'Stretches to help you sleep better', Fuel your walk, and ;How to make walking a habit.'  

I was using Chrome.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@grdolphin There aren’t any known issues happening with videos right now but we’d love it if you could provide more details to help our team investigate further. What browser are you using? What kind of internet connection do you have? Thanks!

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Chrome (latest).  Same problem with FireFox.  There was no problem today (3/5).  However, the the 3-4 days previously, I would be able to run 3-4 videos w/o any issues and then the video wouldn't load.  I tried restarting the same video or another video w/o resolution.  If I closed the browser, logged out and tried again in a few minutes it would normally work again -- but for only a few videos before the same problem (videos not loading) would occur. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @grdolphin 

It's been happening to me for a couple of weeks, but after getting video up, press refresh and then play. Press pause, then play until buffering stops and then video works.

Now all my points badges disappeared on (1) device for all videos, this is a completely new problem.  Hopefully it will clear up😕

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP