Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Transaction History Messed Up... HELP!!

Hello Rewards Warriors,

My transaction history changed to yesterday's date after completing half of the video activities today, started recording completed videos from 10/12.  

Is anyone else having problems with this issue?

@AARPTeri this makes it impossible to determine what's been completed, please review my Transaction History and correct the completed videos for 10/13.  Thanks for your help.

Have a Blessed Day,Screenshot_2019-10-13-08-25-41.pngMarylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Mine is still broken "There was an error processing your request. Please try again."
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My Transaction History continues to be the blank-faced orphan. I still only get "There was an error processing your request. Please try again." each time I click the Transaction History link.

If I then go to the Earned Points button and click Earned Points on its drop-down menu, it winds and winds for a moment and then gives me the same error. The button goes from red to pink and I can do nothing except refresh the page to return the button's drop-down menu.

After I refresh the screen (F5), I can choose Redemptions from the button's drop-down menu and see where I have used my points.

No, my Transaction History has not improved. This is the way it's been for months.

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn,

Thanks for letting me know nothing has changedSmiley Sad

@AARPAnneHwould you please check on my Transaction History also, since I bumped the topic to the top.  I would greatly appreciate it and response.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@Brightpool - thanks for letting us know. I've escalated this so we can check on it. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPAnneH 

My Transaction History is still broken.  I can not list earned points and hitting see more on Redemptions eventually gives an error.  Redemptions may give me a couple of pages or just the first page...it is a crap shoot.

Thanks.

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 @SeanK1 @andrewtoo We've been working on the issue for all users -- stay tuned for updates. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPCaroline 

It's been exactly one month you asked us to stay tuned for updates Man Frustrated

Did I miss them??:smileyfrustrated

Remember Clara Peller "Where's the Beef " Well, where are the updates

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednexsrus 

Lucy, exactly where's the update.  I've been waiting for 6 months๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Bumping back to top; does anyone have a working Transaction History?

Have a Blessed & Safe Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Could you please reply if you have an issue with your Transaction History and how long you've had it?

Could you please reply if your Transaction History issue has been fixed? 

It would be nice to know how many members are getting fixes or if the problem still exist and for how many.  Thanks so much.

What's your Transaction History status?

My reply is:  Problem since Oct. 2019 and no fix.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

My transaction history has been failing since we had more than 1 page of information. It seems to be getting more difficult to even get the first page of history to appear. I'll usually give up after several tries.

Then there is the black banner, which (I think) started failing around the same time. I believe I've seen it filled properly only 3 times in the last few months. The only information being consistently shown is a non-zero total savings value.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, same here except I'm not able to view any Transaction History pages and same issue as you with the black information banner.  Thanks!

Have a Blessed Day,

MarylinScreenshot_2019-11-12-05-04-51.png

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Lol, I said several tries. I mean 20 to 30. At best, I've only seen the 1st page about once every month, any further tries just gives the same old processing error.

It's all the same.

It's possible that some folks with very few entries in their history have no trouble viewing it, although I'm still not totally convinced that any of the daily max earners can view historical reward transaction data without issues.

Odd thing is, just showing Redemptions data seems to have no trouble at all. I can page back several months, possibly to the beginning (but I was too bored to do it). Earning history is a big NO.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Hello Ray,

Thanks for the clarificationSmiley Surprised  I don't have the patience to try that many times to see (1) page.

I thought it might not be happening to members with lower number of points, maybe there's a problem with the Transaction History tracking.

I posted about a message I got at 12 noon during the Daily Deal that stated to "Keep Earning, you don't have enough points."

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Of course, nothing has changed.  The Transaction history chokes 99% of the time.

If I want to see an accurate total of points then I go to my AARP Account Page at: https://secure.aarp.org/applications/acct/myAccount.action 

I keep this page open most of the time and just update it to see current points in the bank.  It times out after a while and I have to sign in again, however, this almost always works for me.

Again, that is just total points I can't get a breakdown of earned points like the transaction history used to give me.

Is there anyone out there that has a working Transaction history?  We are interested in hearing that it works for anyone.

Thanks

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hello Andrew,  we are both operating the same way to keep up with total points via Account Manager.

It would be so nice to see the breakdown of our Transaction History.  Reward Warriors would you please respond about your Transaction History status.

Please just reply if your Transaction History is working with "YES Working" or "Not Working".  Thanks.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I reported a month ago that my history was messed up. Well as of today nothing has changed.  Well that's not quite accurate.   OK when it first started to mess up it actually worked some of the time.  Now it doesn't work at all.  So in fact it has changed it has gotten worse.  From working some of the time to not working at all.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @shamit 

My Transaction History reached your point last year, nothing at all. 

Welcome aboardSmiley Frustrated  Thanks for replying.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@shamit As soon as we have more info, we'll share with all of you. Thanks for your patience while we work through this.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

For those who have the Transaction History and Black Banner problems. 

On 2/21/20 at 12:05a CST.  I missed getting awarded points for an activity that stated "You Just Earned 450 pts".  I phoned Customer Service later in the afternoon to have the points added, and I have stated before that Rewards can't keep up with our pointsSmiley Sad

I was asked to state the quiz I didn't receive points for, and I did.  After Cust Serv Rep made an Administrative Adjustment to add the points, I asked her to go thru and name each activity I'd received points for an amounts plus points balance with adjustment added.  The Rep stated that she didn't see any points for activities completed on 2/21/20.

@AARPTeriwill the Transaction History and Black Banner ever be fixed so we are able to view our information? 

This is a very unacceptable issue for members and having to experience this problem for more than (4) months is a slap in the face.  FIX THE TRANSACTION HISTORY AND BLACK BANNER!!!!

Have a Blessed Day,

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

For me, the workaround remains to log in (it's no longer automatic) and right-click the red AARP Rewards x,xxx,xxx POINTS in the header to open a new tab. In the Learn and Earn page, I right-click Earn, then I set my search criteria and boldly go in to face the Seymore dragon while I right-click and open a tab for each item of interest as I open each new set of eight activities down the interminable list.

Once I have Maxed Out Like A Pro, I right-click the Redeem link, open it as a new tab, click each item I want, and follow the instructions for each.

After I redeem my final points for the day, I right-click the red numbers in the header, open a new tab, and I get a somewhat accurate count of my final points for the day - sometimes.

I don't seem to be able to see an updated score of my points until I redeem some. After I earn points, it only shows the points where I started, if anything.

The black banner just takes up space on my screen.

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPCaroline 

I created this topic and posted it weeks after the start of the new AARP Rewards program in 9/25/19.

Have the developers been working on the Transaction History issue all this time with no success?

Possibly an outside IT agency can assist with resolving the problem.  Any time limit on a possible fix date?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 We will keep you in the loop when we have more information. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I did not have this problem until about a week ago.  Now I am having the same problem as others.  No points in the black banner and get the error message when clicking on Transaction History.  Seems like it all happened when I had instant win for a gift card.  Instead of things getting better on the website they get worse with any attempt to solve the problems. 

If this is the example of the high quality standards of AARP and the companies they recommend I am glad I didn't choose the AARP Medicare Supplement Plan or Drug Plans.  Our Medicare just started this month.  All the problems here caused my to look elsewhere.  You should be paying attention AARP, because you lost us as customers.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@shamit We're working to get to the bottom of the errors some users are seeing in their Transaction History. We want our members and anyone participating in AARP programs or purchasing policies and products from our trusted service providers to have a good experience. Anytime an issue is reported that hasn't been resolved with the service provider directly, we work to make things right. We care about each member experience. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPCaroline 

I have never seen the black banner work reliably. On rare occasions, it will fill in, but most always it just says $15 savings, + - PTS, and Your Balance 0 PTS

I simply shrugged it off as related to the transaction history that stopped working months ago.

If this is only occurring for a small subset of users, is there any kind of information we can capture for the developers? Maybe the devs can provide a Chrome addon that can generate a log.

Chrome and Firefox have developer tools built in. Is there any info we can grab via those tools to help out?

Please keep us in the loop.

Cheers,

Ray

Retired Moderator

Thanks for the generous offer @ralmon. Our developers are on the case! 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Community Warriors,

While completing my activities today, my black information banner appeared with points and last transaction information that was accurate, first time in months. 

I went to my Transaction History to see if it would work and unfortunately it was still giving the same Error Message.

Went complete the next task and all information on the black banner disappeared.

Back to the work around, does it really take months to fix this problem?

Are other members having problems with their Transaction History?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I thought everyone had that issue.

The better question: is there anyone for whom the black banner works?

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray, a Community Manager posted on this thread that some members are having the problem and they are working on it.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP