Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The "You just missed AARP Rewards" problem is back

Regular Contributor

The "You just missed AARP Rewards" problem is back

It's been going on for a couple of days.  Looks like it happened before in 2019

https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/You-just-missed-AARP-Rewards/td-p/2192751

but that thread seems to be too old to add new posts.

Silver Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman

Short reply to your 8/18/21 post further down in this thread

management does NOT appreciate our suggestions 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Back again on 9/1/2021. Right at the beginning of the month. Going to miss out on all few good items. Need a Admin to get involved and not just state they are "working on it".

Contributor

I have been getting the message on videos recently.  Today, in a new month, I am getting it on the reward crossword puzzles, too!  It is frustrating!  I want my points!

I am getting that message today too.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

AARP has once again "just missed" having any level of competence in running a website.

Regular Contributor

Me, too. Not able to earn any points, and fitness tracker not working. "Removed" it once and reinstalled and got 750 points, but then did not work since. Even removing and adding not working...

But that You Just Missed AARP rewards" notice has got to go.

Will AARP load all the points we've missed?

Community Concierge

@ness23456 We are still working on the intermittent issue with videos and other activities displaying that notice and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible. For the issues that you're having with your fitness tracker, please follow the troubleshooting steps for your device found here: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/fitness-tracker-missing-rewards

0 Kudos

I am getting the "You Just Missed AARP Rewards" message for videos and quizzes. Please fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Apparently, "as soon as possible" is going on a month now. Perhaps you should fire your entire web support team and hire a 4th grader.

Super Contributor

I agree @ness23456 - next week will be a new month and another group of Extra Credit rewards that we will not be able to get if this problem is not fixed, they sell out quickly!

Anne

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am having this problem with quizzes today (Aug. 24).  Sometimes I will receive points and sometimes not.  It does not seem to matter whether I get every question right or just a few.  I do not see a pattern. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@markd894787 Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of this issue some users are experiencing with videos and we hope to have it resolved ASAP.

@JohnD507489 @KarenR327027 @cc20044564 @jl8067456 @eg7049 @SylviaP513544 @GregN776711 

This appears to be an intermittent issue and it is not affecting everyone. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to get this feature back up and running. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have been having this problem of "just missed points" for a long time now. What is to be done? I get points for crossword puzzles but not for videos nor quizzes. Please respond to [edited to remove email address]. Thank you.

Community Concierge

@KathleenL910740 Hi Kathleen, I have edited your comment to remove your email address. AARP recommends not sharing personal information like this on a public forum. We are aware of this site issue and we are working to get it resolved as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your support. We will post an update once we have more information. 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Thanks, @AARPJanelleM ; now that it's been two weeks (since "maintenance 08/03" created this problem), please let the coders know it affects videos hosted on videos.aarp.com, nothing other (e.g. stayingsharp.aarp.com works as designed). I don't want to seem pushy but this leads to perhaps a line of code was mis-written in the new code and broke the link to videos.aarp.com and rewards...

Just suggestion...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Super Contributor

Well, after spending all that time doing the Staying Sharp Emotion Challenge (which I really liked by the way) - NO POINTS. so it didn't work for me.  I need to use those emotion exercises I just learned to control the frustration I guess!

Super Contributor

Great suggestion @WebWiseWoman - we have every right to be pushy at this point, the problem for me affects the quizzes too, I will try the new Staying Sharp activities today, thanks for letting us know  I have had luck playing videos on my phone, thank goodness I have unlimited streaming on my phone plan lol!

Anne

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@AARPJanelleM - not only is the problem still there with the videos, but I tried to take a new quiz today and I got the same "you just missed" message with that as well, I sincerely hope that this problem can be resolved soon!

Anne

Contributor

Any update on this issue? Still not receiving points when watching videos.

Community Concierge

@Bussernomore We don't have an update yet, we are still working to get this corrected ASAP. I appreciate your understanding.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have figured out, through multiple clicks in the AARP app, that I can get points for videos in the app. My points don’t show up right away. I have to click on Redeem. Then they appear. Watching videos on the web site still does not work. Go to the app. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Any update on this?  Still not resolved.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JohnD507489  No updates yet, John. Our hope is to have the issue resolved soon. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Nope. No resolution for me. I can get points doing the quizzes, but no points for the videos.

Super Contributor

Still a problem for me this morning, and I have run out of quizzes to take - I want to try the two new Staying Sharp challenges but I am afraid I am going to spend a significant amount of time only to find out I can't get the points. @AARPJanelleM can you at least give us an update??

Community Concierge

@AnneG461594 We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and understand that your time is valuable. We are still working on the issue and hope to have more information as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

its affecting me --no points for videos

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am not getting points for watching videos on my Mac desktop for the past couple of days.  The red circle that usually shows 300 points has a "star" inside of the circle (AARP Rewards logo) instead of "300 points".  I can watch the video, however, no points are awarded and I get the "You Just Missed AARP Rewards" message. 

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Same problem here - but I am on an HP Chromebook

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP