Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The need for more than 3 digital winnings is increasing

Trusted Contributor

The need for more than 3 digital winnings is increasing

Numerous requests have appeared on this board to increase the 3 digital winnings per month.  Unfortunately, and this is just 1 example, CVS in prior months offered a 10 dollar gift card for 24,000 points.  Now, its a 5 dollar gift card for (I for get exact total) about 9875 points.  So it costs fewer points, but that's 2 of the 3 transactions you're allowed. If this type trend continues, and/or becomes widespread, there might be jumping in the streets if management allows for more than 3 digital prizes, but it will be fool's gold.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am as frustrated as all. Every time I try an instant coupon it has already expired on the same day it is posted. As to other ways to redeem the only ones I have been able were to give to charity purposes or to retake the brain test. I certainly agree with the need for more ways to redeem rewards. I have 200,000 points or more to use for something. 

Bronze Conversationalist

The program has gotten progressively worse and worse.

Even if you max out your entries every day for all the sweepstakes, the odds of you winning just one is low. And even if you somehow win, what are the odds of you winning another? 

$5 cards are nothing special. More like a discount at a store.

Instant wins and cards used to be $25. Even the Sweepstakes prizes were like $500 or bigger. Remember when you can redeem for actual physical gifts like Water Bottles?

I am sitting on quite a few points as well. Unless I see a good $25 card, I think I will just hold out until things get better, which may not happen.

At this moment, it is becoming less worth my time to even max out my point entries.

Silver Conversationalist

Lets keep this topic at the forefront of this conversation as it is still the number one request by members. Returning to the opportunity to redeem reward points for more than just 1 time per sponsor would also be nice, after all this is suppose to be a REWARD program. Better management is the key. 

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

I am more concerned about the lack of any meaningful reward above $5.   I used to get three $20 cards per month back when we could get more than one of a kind.  These allowed free meals at restaurants such as Panera and Carrabras.   Last month I got three $5 cards.  This month to date...and it's getting near the end....I have one $5 card.  I don't redeem for cards I can't use.  Maybe someone else can use them.  Hello World has run the program into the ground.  AARP has become more realistic, however.  My email yesterday said I'd saved enough to pay for my AARP membership.  This is true.  I still can't get over that mortgage payment claim that must have caused a huge influx of new participants.  That first caused the limit of one per member and then the downgrade to $5 cards.   As I've said before, a $5 card is more like a coupon to get a person in a store or on a website.  Not meaningful savings except to apply toward an Amazon balance.   It is not worth the holdup at the register while a clerk calls the supervisor to figure out how to enter the card in the system with unhappy people behind me in line. 

Bronze Conversationalist

😂 lol about the clerk having to call a supervisor. Hello everyone 🤗. I agree with you 1,000% but as we know it falls upon Deaf Ears. Who are we the people who keeps this organization alive. We pay a membership fee and then they also ask us for Donations. Laughing all the way to the bank. As you stated $5 gift cards are like a store coupon. Myself I don't even waste my points on these. You have to hire a crew to watch for a good gift card ☺️ just joking. Also I'd like to know who has won any of the Instant Win games. I noticed that one member said they've tried over 400 times without winning. Who's winning these Instan

@HokiePoq wrote:

I am more concerned about the lack of any meaningful reward above $5.   I used to get three $20 cards per month back when we could get more than one of a kind.  These allowed free meals at restaurants such as Panera and Carrabras.   Last month I got three $5 cards.  This month to date...and it's getting near the end....I have one $5 card.  I don't redeem for cards I can't use.  Maybe someone else can use them.  Hello World has run the program into the ground.  AARP has become more realistic, however.  My email yesterday said I'd saved enough to pay for my AARP membership.  This is true.  I still can't get over that mortgage payment claim that must have caused a huge influx of new participants.  That first caused the limit of one per member and then the downgrade to $5 cards.   As I've said before, a $5 card is more like a coupon to get a person in a store or on a website.  Not meaningful savings except to apply toward an Amazon balance.   It is not worth the holdup at the register while a clerk calls the supervisor to figure out how to enter the card in the system with unhappy people behind me in line. 

@HokiePoq wrote:

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone again 🤠. When I was replying to HokiePoq comment the page started asking for a web link and it somehow pasted all the other text on the page. As I was trying to say, can anyone please let me know without any details if you've won a Instant Win games, can you please just reply whether you're a member or not and let the rest of us know that someone is winning . I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I am a member and won a Krispy Kreme instant win in April and an Applebees instant win in May.  My husband, also a member, won a Darden instant win in May.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗 I'm so glad to hear that you and your husband have won Instant Win prizes. I figure that a lot of members and non members may have not seen this post ( at least I'm hoping that this is the reason )  because, there's a lot of Instant Win prizes. Can anyone please tell me how long does a Instant Win game stay on the Redeem page? I know each one has 100 available prizes. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@al45009948 

Hi there 

Each Instant win offers 100 wins & last for 7 days 

They used to only last 24 hours resetting each day at 9AM EST offering 100 per day(24 hrs) 

So now odds of winning are much lower since they changed to 7 days

Hope helps

Ginger  :  ) 

PS: I've not won since last October 🥴

Bronze Conversationalist

Thank you for the help. Hello everyone 🤗. I'd like to know how many Instant Win games are you allowed each day. There are 6 Instant Win games and I played 5 and it wouldn't let me play the last one. A friend of mine played all 6 plus a extra one left over from before. I also redeemed 2 gift cards for points. Does that have anything to do with it ? The Instant Win game was $10 Starbucks gift card. It said Come back tomorrow. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@al45009948   One since last October.  Member.  

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@al45009948   I've had several Kroger cards and it's happened every time.  Also happened at Krispy Kreme in May.  The line was long with a young kid at the register.  I knew what was coming.   Fortunately the lady filling the boxes saw what was happening and came over to save the day.  Otherwise, the long line would likely have eliminated me, lol.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

Why do we need so many earn activities?  Upon accumulating so many points, we are limited to (3) monthly redemptions😢.

@sandy can we please get the monthly !imit increased before our points are gone and our memberships?

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Silver Conversationalist

@kb1248 

I was able to follow your comments up to “about 9875 points” after that you really lost me. What is the reference to “ 2 of the 3 transactions allowed” The topic was a need for more than 3 redemptions per month, which is only fair considering the vast amount of purchase cards offered. I certainly would not consider a minimum of 5 redemptions per month “fools gold”

Just Saying

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@kb1248 wrote:

Numerous requests have appeared on this board to increase the 3 digital winnings per month.  Unfortunately, and this is just 1 example, CVS in prior months offered a 10 dollar gift card for 24,000 points.  Now, its a 5 dollar gift card for (I for get exact total) about 9875 points.  So it costs fewer points, but that's 2 of the 3 transactions you're allowed. If this type trend continues, and/or becomes widespread, there might be jumping in the streets if management allows for more than 3 digital prizes, but it will be fool's gold.

The number of gift cards you can redeem for points has dramatically decreased the past couple of months. In the past, you used to have a new one almost every other day.

For this month, for example, you had a lot at the beginning of the month, they all were snatched up within 1-2 days and I have not seen anything worthwhile since.

Unfortunately, I have started to realize you cannot max your sweepstakes entries daily and redeem 3 quality gifts for points every month or you run the risk of running out of points.

Starting November I think I will no longer enter in sweepstakes and just make my 3 monthly redemptions. HOPEFULLY, they add more things like actual items you can redeem for points. In the past, they had smart pillboxes, water bottles, etc...

But back to the original topic, yes we should be able to redeem more than 3 digital winnings now since points have an expiration date and sweepstakes entries are more costly.

Will that happen? Probably not. Hopefully, AARP can manage through the pandemic.

Gold Conversationalist

@AristotleOfGreece 

Can you tell me what good offers you saw on October 1?   I didn't see any other than $5 or $10 at 6:30 a.m. Eastern.   There were three or four empty spots so I'm thinking something better had been there....maybe at midnight?   I don't know.  Lucy saw a $25 one (forget which one) hours after I'd seen nothing.

I had never entered the sweepstakes as I never won anything on any of the previous programs' sweeps.   So last month I tried and lost my points, maximum, for about three days and got no entries.   Never again.

I agree with you on the value of the redemptions.   Rather than being three redemptions there should be a cash value, such as $100.   $15 for a month of work is not worth the effort to earn points or any time expenditure whatsoever.

Bronze Conversationalist

On Oct 1 I redeemed points for 2 $10 ebay and 1 $25 Williams-Sojoma gift cards. I now have to wait until next month. Or enter Sweepstakes or Daily of which neither I'm interested in. I can't afford to pay for any of these $1-2 discounted cards or that Brain thing for 9000 Rewards Points

So I've noticed today that there's a $20 UNO gift card for 18,500 Reward Points. I've reached my Redemptions Max of 3 which was the first week of the month.

Concerned Member
Gold Conversationalist

@al45009948   Thank you for posting!   I'd looked earlier today and the Uno's was not there.    But it is now.  Free pizza is in my future!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Okay why is it that you can buy up to 5 digital gift cards but you can only redeem 3 Items For Points gift cards. They seem to allow taking our money 5 times but not for our time accumulating Points

Where's the fairness in that ? Yesterday I checked the Items For Points and I think I only saw maybe 2 or 3 Items For Points. Today I haven't counted them but I noticed some new items. They'll probably be gone in a few minutes.

Concerned Member
Gold Conversationalist

@al45009948   Good point.   I am surprised there is any limit on the deals you can buy.  A discount of $1-$5 is no discount at all considering slippage....the likelihood of a purchaser losing or not using the gift card.     These are not discounts.  One can buy gift cards at warehouse clubs for much larger discounts (some not all).  I buy Carrabras (Bloomin Brands) $100 for $80 at Costco.   Twenty per cent discount up front and then belong to the loyalty club and get another $20 every fourth visit.   

That said, I am thrilled when Bloomin Brands is a points only deal.   Love the literal free dinner.

Gold Conversationalist

I noticed that as well.   The only Extra Credit deal I wanted was the $5 Amazon card.   If I did that I would have used my monthly allowance for $15.    Not commensurate with the amount of time I've spent.    And speaking of that, the email saying that points will expire came yesterday.   

With the limits in place one cannot use the accumulated points.   In the past I've gotten some local deals.  Then when I take them to the merchant, whoever is waiting on me has no idea what they are.   I've been able to use them after managers are summoned and a big production is made of it.   Just not worth the time nor attention.     And I agree with rednexus that the purchased cards are not worth it.      Perhaps that person who wants Carnival cards can now buy three for $1500 value but I see no value in them.   The new program has lots of ways to earn points...a plus....and very few ways to use them.   I do the donations each month which is one worthwhile use but not worth the large amount of time I've invested in this program.

Upon thinking about this, perhaps a better limit would be a financial one.   Three redemptions for $15 total is not worth it.   Perhaps redemptions not to exceed a certain dollar amount....such as $100.    Just a  suggestion.....

Silver Conversationalist

@kb1248 

I disagree with your fool’s gold theory. The idea here is to avoid the $5 gift cards entirely, maybe then we will be offered cards with a value that is in line with our time and effort. We definitely need an increase in the monthly rewards transactions to at least 5 per month. 😃 We lost the Weekly Instant Win months ago and were given this Extra Credits thingy that does not make any sense whatsoever. 🤔 The Daily Deal is really a waste of MY time because I am not about to pay $4 for a $5 eGift Card. 😤 On another note have you noticed the value lately of the Sweepstakes ? I thought they were going to improve with the $5000 “Beat the Heat” sweeps but I guess not. Oh Well

Just Saying

lucyp061351
Super Contributor

I will not even consider a $5.00 gift card for one of my monthly 3 no matter what its for. I always go for the largest value cards available that I can use. That use to be in the 20-25 dollar range but recently only seems to be in the 10-15 range. Still can't complain, its all still free.

As far as getting more than 3 redemptions per month. There is not a unlimited number of free gift cards available. If they allow members to redeem for more than 3 cards the cards will sell out faster than they do now and more members will be shut out all together. That's also the reason I can't be mad about the new 1 card limit on each gift card. While I always preferred to get 3 of the same gift cards. I understand that the purpose was to give more members a shot at a particular card.

Bronze Conversationalist

I agree with you. When I saw this I went back to redeem for a $20 or $25 gift card and it was sold out within maybe 2 minutes. This was at about 12:15 am est. That was because I had to complete the extra credit part. Now I really would like to know who else was doing the extra credit part at 12am est January 1st. How many gift cards do they have for the Members Only Section. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP