Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

The black banner on the AARP Rewards main page not updating

Bronze Conversationalist

The black banner on the AARP Rewards main page not updating

When I first get to the AARP Rewards page, I look for my current points in the black banner.

For several days, the banner has shown $0 savings, +    - PTS, and 0 PTS. Even if I refresh the screen or restart my browser, the banner doesn't change and show my points added or balance.

Sometimes, when I start an activity that earns points, I can refresh the home page and it will show those and sometimes not. It doesn't seem to be consistent, just frustrating. I also don't know if I can trust the small red number above that on the page header. I've known that one to carry forward the points results from my last session, usually the day before.

Since the black banner fills in sometimes and not others, I don't have a definitive trigger - the moth in the works.

I wish everything would always work every time the way it's supposed to work, forever - maybe longer.

Enjoy!

Bronze Conversationalist

After all this time of having things not working, it is quite refreshing to have the banner and transactions working as they should, and I don't have to keep right-clicking just to remain logged in. Regular clicks on links keep me logged in, now.

This is almost as good as getting a whole new automatic sprinkler system installed last summer after using a leaky, manual system for several years; although, this is several thousand dollars cheaper.

Stay well and enjoy!

Bronze Conversationalist

I entered AARP Rewards this evening and noticed my black banner just wasn't working right.
It shows my savings, last activity, and my total points!
I don't know what's wrong! It hasn't ever done this since last year right after we started on the new Rewards program. What's a fellow to do!?

I even tried regular mouse clicks on links to get around and those figures all showed up in my black banner and in the header in red, too.

If I were a jaw dropper, I'd have to pick up my chin from the floor - maybe even farther.

What's going on!? Is this a dream? I'm watching Hogan's Heroes, so I don't think I'm dreaming. I usually don't dream of Hogan's Heroes in full episodes.

So, if I'm not dreaming, and if everything works with the black banner whether I right-click as I've always had to do just to keep my login active from one tab to the next or just click, then what's really going on?

Will it last? Is this just a fluke? Do I dare tempt fate by saying it's nice to have this working the way it should instead of the way it has always worked?

Well, I'll say it. It's nice to have this working the way it should. I'm ready after all these months of using my work-around.

Wish us luck!

Stay well and enjoy!

Silver Conversationalist

I have my fingers crossed, and knocking on wood.
When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?
Just Saying
lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

After 14 attempts this morning the Black Information Banner displayed Savings (correct), Last Activity (incorrect) and Points (correct).  My last activity was a quiz (450 pts) which was listed for 300 points, yet my points balance is correct.

The problem is getting worst, is there a fix coming soon for this problem which is linked to the Transaction History?  It's been 2 1/2 months.

Can you please give us an update on how close you are to fixing the problem to be able to view the information on this banner?

Thanks for responding in advance.

Are other members still experiencing problems with the black banner?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Conversationalist

Just checked again and now it is working.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I was able to get in to earn max rewards this morning, but afterward, I had the black banner issue, and it would not let me redeem any rewards.  Now I am seeing what a lot of other people have been seeing.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @RussellP197074 

Russell this is your reward for maxing out your points😤  Black banner with incomplete or missing info and Transaction History with an "Error processing your request" message.  Welcome to the big time!  Members don't need to see any information now, call in an AARP Rewards Customer Service will tell you what you have for Savings, Last Activity and Points😯

Doesn't seem like the issue will be fixed , I've had Transaction History problem for more than (2) months and nothing has changed😴

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

There are many rewards that aren't giving points nor shows its been completed. 90% time my total points wont post up nor can I check my earned points. Yes I cleaned out my system. Its been doing such few weeks, today feel discouraged earning points and lack of purchasing gift cards with my point. Researched the new rewards chance to win its $500.00. I pulled this company up, state of Texas just couple offered without town. Ii live in largest state so why are these just like pizza card all up north. If this continues I personally find discriminatory. Why are we racking up thousands of points with a bunch of lame offers? Get reat AARP!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Hokahey1491 

Michelle, that $50 Regal Theater card isn't fair.  These theaters aren't national.

Can't understand UNO or Regal Wins, they are showing favoritism to one part of country when there are members all over the United States.

Black banner issue is growing and is linked to Transaction History.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Brightpool 

Lynn, the same thing happened to me today.  It was so frustrating, the site made me change my password, then restarted computer and cleared cookies & cache.  Went to site logged in and everything showed on the black banner.

Absolute nightmare today, screen locked up while playing the Insrant Wins and tried again and site stated Play Again daily.  Never saw the results first time due to site crash😢

@AARPAnneH, @AARPTeri & @sandy can someone reset my Daily & Weekly Instant Wins for today so I can play without automatically getting "Play Again"?  Thanks for your help in advance.

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brightpool , @mi4090 and @andrewtoo   We are looking into this further to see if we can replicate this issue.  Thank you for reporting.

AARPTeri
Retired Moderator

@Brightpool you've mentioned restarting your browser and refreshing the page, but have you tried clearing cookies and cache and logging out and log back in to AARP Rewards? Let me know if that helps with displaying the points consistently. I can also check on your Transaction History for you if you have questions about your account. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Yesterday, I cleared cache and cookies and restarted and everything from scratch. All I got was the headache of a need to reset all my logins in every other place I wanted to go besides AARP along with my login to AARP and no improvement on the updates in the banner. I know that the red numbers next to AARP Rewards can't be trusted, as I've seen them disregard my most recent activity, such as not subtracting the last 250 points I used to enter a sweepstakes.

This morning, I tried refreshing and restarting and didn't get anything new in the black banner. I had to hope the red number in the page header was correct.

No matter what I've tried this morning, the black banner has just continued to taunt with Total Savings $0, + - PTS, and Your Balance 0 PTS. Nor did clicking Transaction History net me any information beyond the processing error.

In the earning section, once I got past the initial Star in the badge by either restarting an activity or refreshing my screen on the first few activities, the rest seemed to go fairly smoothly on that end of the AARP Rewards.

The black banner just taunts and taunts. "Alice doesn't live here anymore."

Enjoy!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Brightpool 

Lynn, it took 12 refresh to get the Transaction History to appear and hit "See More" till I reached 1st activity of the day with time zone problem and no info in the black banner.  Oh, after 5th refresh black banner showed info but had "Error message" got a screenshot of that and able to get a complete screenshot for today.

Right, "Alice doesn't live here anymore"😤

@sandy  can we get update on the fix for this issue?

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri @AARPAnneH 

Black banner and transaction history still not working.  Using Chrome on a Laptop with Windows 10.

Thanks

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, let me 2nd that!!!  Transaction History continuous "Error message" and black banner not showing any information and I'm using the same thing.   HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!!!

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPAnneH 

My black banner worked one time after clearing cache and cookies and thereafter logging out and log back in.  Then straight back to only showing one figure the "total savings" figure. 

Transaction History is a mess.  I can't get it to come up or it is inaccurate or incomplete.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @andrewtoo 

Andrew, the Rewards website is a real challenge today.  I wonder what caused this problem???

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 I'm confused.   Is @AARPAnneH indicating that the transaction history problem has been solved?

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, I called Customer Service about the problem and they offered the same solution as @AARPAnneH .  They would tell me my points balance, and I stated I wanted to see it on the site.  A ticket was submitted concerning the Transaction History & black banner.  

I just tried to refresh Transaction History and error message with black banner displaying no info.

Couldn't be fixed/resolved😢

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP