Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 311 of 341

My husband is a good cook, and we have about seventy spices in our corner cabinet in the kitchen on nine small lazy susans.  Over the years, the spices were all just jumbled together with no rhyme no reason, making it difficult to find anything when trying to prepare a meal.  It took me two days, but I took down all of the spices and arranged them into two categories:  baking and general.  One shelf is arranged alphabetically with all of the ingredients I use for baking.  The other two shelves are for general spices arranged alphabetically. Then I created an index of each shelf showing where the spices are and taped it to the inside of the cabinet door.

Pat K.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 312 of 341

I was about to throw away old sheets, pillowcases & unused cotton fabric when I saw the need for masks. I have a new king size mattress & no longer needed queen or twin size so I recycled them into masks. I also went through my closet & discarded old clothes I no longer wear & switched my winter clothes for spring & summer. It was a good time to coordinate my hanger colors to the clothing, which is amusing to me; we all need a little humor every now & again. I rearranged my sewing room, cleaned out things I no longer needed & found plenty of non woven interfacing for those well needed masks. I cleaned carpets & went through my bathroom vanity. Found things I forgot I had which saved me a lot of money right now! That's really important. Caught up on my reading; Clive Cussler is my favorite author & always wanted time to sit down with my new Nikola Tesla book! In between, I was able to spend more relaxing time with my newly adopted rescue feline, Casper Maximilian (he blends into the carpet-LOL) & catch up on some old movies like Sneakers & The Hunt for Red October as well as series!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 313 of 341

I have found this is a great time to clear out items while organizing closets and pantries.  Also making stacks to donate.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 314 of 341

I have been working on digital files of pictures.  I had three devices that had back ups and each of those have multiple files that had the same pictures in.  I am in the process of consolidating these and scanning the pictures that I have that are not digital.  It has been a long and interesting project.  When I am through, I will make books for my kids and myself so that we can all enjoy the pictures that have been taken over the years.

My advise is to label pictures as you take them.  Back up copies so that you do not lose them and as you backup, keep just one file of each so you do not have 15 copies of the same picture.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 315 of 341

I been reseeding my lawn and and growming  my flower beds after a long winter.    It's been keeping me active for the last week. And what's great about it, you get instant gratification.  Just a little work spucing up your property certain makes a noticeable diiference 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 316 of 341

My best advice is to keep busy which includes: Painting the dining room walls, deep cleaning the basement, and doing laundry ... lots of laundry.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 317 of 341

I tried to make the masks. I got a kit from someone at church. I made 9. I realize my sewing machine really needs to be serviced so I didn't keep making them. I kept 2 for my family and gave 2 to friends. I am taking the rest to a food rescue place today. I tried.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 318 of 341

Remodeling a finished room in the basement.  Took out excess shelving, painted everything, redoing all the hardware, revamping a closet.  In essence making a room that looks like it was a throw back to 1958 into something that could be featured in a bunch of Instagram posts.

Advice: Don't let the magnitude of the job stop you.  Break it down into little bits and take them one at a time.  And, it is OK to take a break and work on other things, unless you are remodeling the only bathroom in your home, then you have to make haste.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 319 of 341

That's interesting 

@marym883953 wrote:

Unlike some others who have learned to digitize their photos, I took 12 shoe boxes of photos out of my closet (something I've been getting around to for as long as I can remember) and am in the process of actually placing them in photo albums for my young grandchildren. After adding a few written comments  and a smattering of stickers, the 6-year-old twins are loving their new books. I also unearthed two crumbling albums of post World War II Europe, documented in Brownie snapshots by their great grandfather. I am thrilled to be able to preserve these and read my dad's comments on what he experienced at that poignant period of history.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 320 of 341

This app is very complicated 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit