Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 341

we have two acres and my gardens have been neglected way to long.  I decide to put river rock in two feet of the garden area as you come through the gate and to help eliminate some of the weeding for that section. my glutes were very sore to start with as those muscels don't get used much during the winter months.  I get stronger and less sore as the weeks have gone by, garden looks better and so do my glutes.  Hopefully I will not wait so long to tackle weeding in the future as it is overwhelming when you first start and everything is so out of controll. Loving the benefits of a fresh, weed free look and firmer glutes.   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 341

We replaced a boring oak closet door with a hollow correct door painted black and trimmed with white molding and it looks amazing.  The door is a six panel and looks like a million bucks.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 341

SheliaW878058,

That is impressive. I just grow mostly flowers and one patch of rhubarb because my husband loves it in jam and pies.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 341

I tried  to regrow an onion in my kitchen window and the onion I tried to grow roots on turned to mush after 3 weeks with no roots growing. It was in a west window but it is very shadey. Do I need to look for a sunnier window?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 341

I moved to a new apartment in December & have been redecorating the bathroom with a new shower curtain & decorative plaques from Amazon Prime & the 99 Cent Store. It now looks like a beautiful beach retreat!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 341

Since we recently retired, we have started gardening in ou empty pool chemicals came in , we now use them for small raised beds.  We have okra, squash,cucumbers growing and carrots planted. Our yard  and property are very shadey, but our expansive fron porch is sunny. You can not see our pots, even if you are stading in the front yard because of the large yew bushes and concrete railing around the porch.  Since they are right out the front door, they are easy to water and weed. We have grown okra on the porch about 5 years, but now that we have more time, we added more vegetables.              Shelia Wright

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 341

I have been gardening. I planted pumpkins and yams.Earlier this year, I had a crop of about 10 pumpkins of different shapes and sizes.I had planted different seeds, hence the multiple shapes and sizes. The pumpkins do well, with water. We enjoyed the pumpkins, as well as giving away to frienda. The same vine, however, is now, blossoming, and has 6 huge pumpkins, and several "baby" ones, which will be ready later this year. I use my time in the yard to reflect, as well as talk to my plants. I also have avocado, june plum, sweet sop, and mangoes.I am looking forward to a huge crop later.The yams also bore a huge crop. It was on face book earlier.

Keep safe everyone

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 341

Will this work for slugs?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 341

I have decided to declutter my home.  I collect elephants for the past 38 years and even at work I would find an elephant sitting on my desk from an anonymous client.  The last count I had 396 elephants.  So, I am making shelves over my windows to put some of them there and putting a large part in a garage sale.  I am taking pictures of those so so still have them, just not laying around!

I am also putting some of my vast jewelry collection for sale too.  Now that I am retired I dont need so much jewelry.  I used some of my old jewelry to make hanging baskets for airplanes and I put essential oils on the moss and it makes a great air freshener to boot!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 341

We have a very large master bedroom. So my husband was in the process of partioning  off one section of the bedroom to make me a craft room where I will the space to have all my crafts in one place.This will help clear out all my craft supplies where I can organize all my craft supplies and not have to be looking all over the place for one thing I need to do a craft. Even with this space partioned off, our master bedroom will still be large. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit