Highlighted

Re: Tell us: What projects have you taken on? What advice can you share?

Message 291 of 341

I've made over 150 masks and donated to seniors who need them.  Used up fabric and supplies I have had around home before purchasing any materials.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Re: renovate stairs

Message 292 of 341

Sounds like a ton of work with great results!

you are an inspiration.  :- )

Highlighted

Message 293 of 341

Keeping the yard looking better than it has in years. Also cleaning up and orgainzing all the stuff in our 3 car garage.  We only have one car so a lot of extra space to clutter up.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 294 of 341

I've cleaned out my computer desk and my computer wgile being stuck at home. It made me very happy.

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 295 of 341

My brother and I are creating a hiking trail in the wooded acreage where I live. We have cut small (less than 6" diameter trees), cleared vines, bush hogged and treated poison ivy with a herbicide to create intersecting trails of 1.5 miles that are suitable for recreational walking/hiking by family and friends. The trail provides a great way to see people, while maintaining social distancing!

Tags (1)
Highlighted

renovate stairs

Message 296 of 341

I wanted to remove the old carpet from my stairs and replace with finished hardwood.  Removing the carpet was easy.  It is important to remove all staples and tack strips! Tedius but worth it. Next I removed the ugly old molding and stripped paint from the visible stringers and any on the stairs themselves and repainted the stringers. The stair treads are in good shape so I filled any holes with wood filler, sanded completely and then they are ready for staining.  I already had some on hand so no need to buy more. I only had to purchase one sheet of Luan plywood to cut and glue to the risers, and I decided to prime and paint them white.  

Although this project has taken several days and hard work, it is all worth it and low cost,  My stairs look great!

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 297 of 341

I am working on planting a native plant garden and cleaning up my basement.

Highlighted

Message 298 of 341

working in the yard doing projects that have gone forgotten. replacing all the rocks for my drainage ditch thru the yard. trimming trees and bushes. furtilize my rose bushes.

Highlighted

Rebuilding a computer

Message 299 of 341

I have rebuilded an old Computer of mine, Put in a new motherboard, memory, and CPU,,and an new Graphics card,, 

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 300 of 341

I am reading books, trying new recipes and crafting Christmas gifts to get a jump on my Christmas list.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors