Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 321 of 341

Unlike some others who have learned to digitize their photos, I took 12 shoe boxes of photos out of my closet (something I've been getting around to for as long as I can remember) and am in the process of actually placing them in photo albums for my young grandchildren. After adding a few written comments  and a smattering of stickers, the 6-year-old twins are loving their new books. I also unearthed two crumbling albums of post World War II Europe, documented in Brownie snapshots by their great grandfather. I am thrilled to be able to preserve these and read my dad's comments on what he experienced at that poignant period of history.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 322 of 341

I was a speech pathologist for elementary kids and some thing I learned was early child development is a key role in their future so it good to catch it at a early age

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 323 of 341

Within your fanmily stqawart a check list of all the open project so be done around the house

and then assigna priorty # based on safety )install window locks) or protection (roof repair) and enhance the functionability and beauty of your home ( replace dead shrubs, paint the house/rooms.

Then designate each item based on the estimate cost an d time to completed and if the project requires one or more people and a projected start and completion date.

Prepare a total budget for all items and the proceed base on your availble funds or credit to proceed to get the projects done and finsih it completely before going to the next item unless your family can do multiple items at the same time. Even Better !.

Rven if you can't get all the prjects completed during this stay at home phase, it will give everyone in the house a road map to enjoy your home in a safe and enjoyable manner as you finish over time and its off your mind and on an agreed game plan for all.

Best Regards, Bob S.

)

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 324 of 341

I volunteered to call several seniors three times a week to check on them. I've met some very interesting people and I've learned so much from them. I thought I would be blessing them but they have blessed me twice as much!  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 325 of 341

Something that has made me feel really good has been using this "staying in" time to empty and

shred old files of papers, professional documents, and other records that are old and out of date.  The shredder has been busy, and I have the feeling of having purged things that were no longer of any value, and just taking space in file drawers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 326 of 341

I have added a clothes rod to a closet under the stairs to convert it to a coat closet. Then I moved all jackets and coats to my new space. While moving my coats I was inspired to give away any items that did not fit or that I had not used in years. There are many homeless people that can use them. I believe in the old saying that "one man's trash is another man's treasure"

Eileen R.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 327 of 341

We finally painted and wallpapered out bedroom - a project we'd been thinking of doing for almost a year. The new paint looks fantastic, and though a lot of work, the end result is wonderful. If you're taking on painting projects, my biggest advice is to tape well! We are not talented enough to paint carefully, so the tape made our work look much more professional. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 328 of 341

I teach a preschool class so to keep in touch with them and to help give parents an activity to do with them I send each student a weekly letter with the Bible Lesson and activity page.  I have asked the parents to read their child the letter and Bible Lesson.  I remember way way how excited I was to receive any mail!  Each parent has taken the the time to let me know how much their son or daughter have enjoyed getting their week letter and working on their lessons,

I also have contacted the older members in our church to see if they have any needs including getting them cloth face masks.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 329 of 341

I am helping two people who are stuck in skilled nursing facilities. I am watching my upstairs neighbors condo while he recuperates from surgery. I have a cousin who is in need of financial help because of how long she has been in skilled nursing so I started a fundraising on Facebook for her.

Make sure you are staying in contact with others by phone and social media. Be sure to breathe.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 330 of 341

How to get people I know to answer my phone calls when I leave them a message!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors