Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Suggestion for Rewards Redemption

It would be very helpful if you would put the various rewards into categories so we don't have to scroll through items that don't interest us.

For example, you could have separate categories for instant win, restaurants, retail, greeting cards, magazines, grocery stores, miscellaneous, etc etc etc.  That way, we can just click on the categories that interest us and see what rewards are available in that specific category.

I'm tired of having to scroll through all those greeting cards that I will never use.  BTW, you still have Mother's Day and Father's Day cards there!  Time to take them out, don't you think?

Please consider this suggestion ~ I think it would make many of us very happy.  Thank you!

Social Butterfly

A filter for "E-gift cards" would be straight forward and welcome.

Just my two cents.

Admins please consider all of these requests.

Thanks

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I think I found a solution:

Redeem --> All Rewards...

- using the Filters By

- in first column - Category need to click all 'except:'  -Entertainment,   EGreeting Cards (and optional) Travel 

- Redemption Type - For Points    

- Sort By: - Leave on -  Recommended

- Click Apply       (you should have 6 or 7 filters on)

No more E-Cards to wade thru - it cuts the number of regular items in display in half to one third ... oh yeah  😀

😎

Conversationalist

@OneDayMatisyahu ... you are a genius!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Would it not be more advantageous to just get rid of the ridiculously greeting cards, then when you do a filter on points only you don't have to deal with all those useless greeting cards DUH !!

Just Saying 

lucyp061351
Silver Conversationalist

Hi LUCY🌹 @rednexsrus 

I agree on needing improvements.....

E-Greeting Cards are NOT “rewards” they are fluff...fillers that take the place of REAL REWARDS!!

.... E-Greeting Cards are unlimited & free online

Also....like you & I & so many of us have been saying all year....put those E-Greeting Cards in some other category... or on their own page...& should NOT cost ANY points!

Anyway...that’s all the time I have for tonight....

Juss sayin! 😃

Take care ☮️

~Allen 🌈

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I must admit that I think your Idea is a very great idea. I'm sure most people would like to be able to filter out another way to just see e-gift cards only just like Instant Win and Sweepstakes or the other items that you can filter. If more members would express on how AARP Rewards can make it's Rewards page more efficient. In their Survey they asked for express on what do you think would make the Rewards page more comfortable for you.( Not exactly those words ) but how can they improve your experience with their webpage. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. One more thing about this topic. I noticed that you can filter just for e-cards so why can't they filter just for e-gift cards? I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Super Contributor

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, you just have to click on the red "Filter" tab to see the available e-gift card categories, such as dining, entertainment, for the home, etc etc.  Then click on "for points" or "for purchase."  Then click "Apply."  Up come the gift cards in the categories you want and if you can use points or not. You won't see gift cards in categories you're not interested in ~ win-win!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

As mentionned before, some members have requested more of those. The cards don't seem ridiculous to me; why would they be as they fulfill a purpose?

Super Contributor

Just because you or I don't use the greeting cards doesn't mean others don't use them.  But it would be nice if they were in their own separate place.

Super Contributor

Might this be what you are looking for 😏

greerting card.jpg

Super Contributor

@BillD916633  Yep, that's it!  I hadn't noticed there already is a filter for greeting cards.  Thanks, Bill!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

We already have a filter for points only items.

But, we need a filter that shows only GIFT CARDS.

So, that we may see the offerings for POINTS ONLY GIFT CARDS, please.

It is really what most of us want, huh?!?

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello again everyone 🤗. 👍 to that. You want to know what else would be great, how many items are left for these and also the Instant Win games. My reasoning is that we'd know that there's Instant Win cards left without redeeming points for nothing 🤔. I'm really suggesting that they look into this. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Super Contributor

@al45009948  I think that's a great idea!  I often wonder if they have just a few Instant Wins available (some do say 200, etc) but most don't.  Could be they have just 10 prizes available and 10,000 entries.  It would be great to know if all the prizes are already gone before I enter.  I've never won anything ~ it might be easier to win that  billion dollar Mega Millions jackpot than an AARP Instant Win!

Contributor

I agree. I’ve mentioned this to the chat person also. But maybe that’s their way of making you use your points. I had 37,000 that were to expire several months ago, so I kept entering the same sweepstakes everyday on a few if the offers. Never won anything. I guess you could say I tried rather than losing my points. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I've used my points lately for a few $10 gift cards but I've noticed that the $5 gift cards are for members only. What's up with that. I feel that $10 gift cards should be for members only. I see that a few of those $5 gift cards have been there almost as long as some of the 500 point birthday mother's day father's day and let's not forget the coloring sheets. I understand that some people might want to trade points for these items but they can get all 40 of these items for what 20,000 points. Please just redeem all these items and give us members some real savings. I'm just saying 
Concerned Member
Super Contributor

Yes, a filter for Points Only gift cards would be great!

Contributor

There are hardly ever any of those.  The other thing I wish I knew actually how many GC are there. The first of the month people get those $5 GC instantly. Then there’s a sold out. How many of those were even available. Maybe only a few. 

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. Did you know that there's approximately 40 of those bday get well and various other e-cards. 5 mother's day and 4 father's day cards. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
Contributor

New member here. Are there free e-cards to send ? Where do you go to look for that

Super Contributor

@LindaR419960   Hi Linda!  There are lots of ecards available for all sorts of occasions but they're not free.  You have to redeem 500 points for each one.  Go to https://www.aarp.org/rewards/redeem and then scroll down.  You'll see all the cards.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

@al45009948  I know ~ I'm expecting to see Happy 4th of July cards any day now!  😀

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. All I can say is 😂😂 I would keep going but I can't stop laughing. I'm just saying 😅

Concerned Member
Social Butterfly

Hi @BertyBGone . I am not sure if you have noticed this or if this is what you are talking about. There is a separation of those items. 

On your Rewards page, look for the Discover box on the right hand side and click the red arrow.

This lists things you can pick. Like click on the red arrow on Redeem and it gives you more choices. If you click on All Rewards, you can further narrow your choices of what to view.

rewards-filter1.jpg

Then on the All Rewards page, look for the red Filter By and click the arrow for that. This gives you the ability to choose what to view and then click apply. Or you can use the search box to possibly find a specific item.

rewards-filter2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Hi @Vexed  and thanks so much for your reply.  That's exactly what I was looking for!  I can't believe I've never noticed that bright red, hard to miss "Filter By" tab - DUH!  😀  Now I don't have to wade through all those greeting cards ~ current OR expired!  lol    Thanks again for your help!  BertyBGone

Social Butterfly

You are very welcome @BertyBGone . It is easy to miss with so many things to look at on those pages. I am happy to have been of help. Happy Filtering. 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP