Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Status Ranking Reversed from Valued to Regular???

Trusted Social Butterfly

Status Ranking Reversed from Valued to Regular???

Hello Rewards Warriors

Has anyone else had their status to reverse?  I had the Regular status more than a year ago. 

I was Valued since before new Rewards program.  @AARPTeri  & @sandy is this a mistake or punishment?

Thanks for letting me know.

Happy Mother's Day

@mi4090 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Bumping to top for a resonse.

Please post your former and increased status ranking in the last (2) months😊. Congrats to the increases!

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Bumping to top for response.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPMichaelP 

The two would be connected in my cases.  So could you answer the question concerning the rankings update?

Responses like the one posted only proves I'm being targeted😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Members Status Ranking are changing, which affects your status with having an ACE badge.

@AARPMichaelP will I get my increase to Status Ranking with the problem with my ACE badge being removed because of a so called tech issue?

Watch for a change to your ranking, @gm5271 has increased from Silver Contributor to Social Butterfly😊 Congrats Ginger!

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Community Manager
Community Manager

There wasn't a so called tech issue. There was a legitimate tech bug that caused the ace badge to be wrongly removed for some individuals. Us community folks have been working diligently with the appropriate individuals to get this fixed. This should be fixed next week. 

The ACE role / badge has nothing to do with your community rank. Two separate standalone things. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPMichaelP 

I believe your response to Marylin @mi4090  was rather curt.  Correcting her terminology in such a way I find disrespectful.  

I have suggestion for the good of the Community, I believe moderators or so called managers should be held to a higher standard of conduct in comparison to community members in general.  Therefore, Community "officials" should refrain from curt, disrespectful, knee jerk posts as posted below.

Just trying to be of help.

Thanks!

Andrew

@AARPMichaelP wrote:

There wasn't a so called tech issue. There was a legitimate tech bug that caused the ace badge to be wrongly removed for some individuals. Us community folks have been working diligently with the appropriate individuals to get this fixed. This should be fixed next week. 

The ACE role / badge has nothing to do with your community rank. Two separate standalone things. 

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just wanted to make you all aware that we posted about the new community ranking structure last week.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/Community-Ranking-Structure/m-p/2262864

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @AARPMichaelP 

Thanks for letting me know, I viewed it when you posted it.  I appreciate you posting the information.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

Thanks for that information and it's also in the Technology forum (About Our Community) subsection.  Some interesting post are there.

Screenshot_2020-05-18 How to Become an Online Community ACE.png

The only change I noticed to the New Rewards program all happened over the Mother's Day weekend and was the first update since the New Rewards program began 9/25/19.

Hopefully this will help others become ACEs😊

Stay safe in NC😎

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

Now I feel compelled to post to see what rank I have.    I wonder if I can go back and find what I was before to compare.....will have to check.  I don't pay too much attention to that but I have, too, wondered what the rankings are.  

P.S.   @mi4090   I think I've been demoted from silver to bronze but can't swear to it as it looks like the new rank has gone on all previous posts as well.  I think this is based on number of posts, right?

Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Hokie yes in past once updated to different "title" it changed all persons posts.... my experience has been the more Kudos & posts I had title would change.... I'm pretty certain you were also a type of Butterfly as I and others were

In my searching in past for how worked never had any success finding out anything

@AARPMichaelP 

Michael thanks for update look forward to the information Thanks

Ginger  : )

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @gm5271 

Ginger

My ranking changed twice within the last 3 months of R4G.  I noticed it.

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Yes I'm aware of that... you passed me up b4 R4G ended cause you had lots of posts and kudos happening..... Andrew did also. I too have always watched it... although had no clue or power over what status was nor understood how worked.... I noticed it when made changes 

Notice now you've gotten Butterfly back so its doing updates now possibly result of your postings ??? 

I never stated yours or that anyone's hasn't changed All of ours did back then & changes have happened even in new Rewards community 

I just stated my understanding of community management post was "hasn't had update to program in years" he's now since said it "broke" so they fixing or setting up new one??? Guess he'll update us soon and give details how rankings work when its fixed??

Example also: 

As with new "ACE" status that is earned by amount of Kudos (25)

Getting Kudos is what an old timer "Epster" told me few years ago makes Titles/ handles change 

Enjoy your weekend 

Ginger  ;  ) 

Gold Conversationalist

@gm5271 

I miss Epster!   Helped me so much when I was a newbie.   

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

I noticed the status rankings quite often, because they changed at least (2) times in the (3) months after the announcement that R4G was ending. 

It will be interesting to see what is posted in reference to the Ranking structure and would be nice to see the list that was also requested with the hierarchy for the ranking.  Maybe that will explain how you reverse,  not sure about how many post you make.  Some of us would be at the top😉

Waiting to see🤔

Have a Blessed and Safe Day

Marylin

Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090 @gm5271 @andrewtoo @JoLo49 

The fix was needed because the ranking structure was broken. we’re sorry for any confusion this is causing. We will be posting the structure in the next week as it’s stabilized.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Bumping to top for a Management explanation.

Respectfully

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Saw the headline and just checked to see what it was all about...Too funny.  😁  

Never Look Down on Anybody...Unless You Are Helping Them Up. 🙂
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@mi4090 @andrewtoo @JoLo49 @gm5271 @ralmon

We’re updating the ranks and roles of the AARP Community. Read our announcement about that here: https://aarp.info/3dDDCGT. The naming convention is what has changed, but nothing about your rank or role has. We’ll post the final changes in the About Our Community forum (https://aarp.info/3bsCgNR) where we announced the change. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline 

I agree with @andrewtoo that the posting on the About Our Community forum really doesn't explain or offer any helpful information. 

It also states that rankings haven't updated in years, during the final months of the Rewards for Good program my ranking and others changed to higher rankings more than once.

This is the first update since the new Rewards program, and would like to know how a ranking reverses.

Could we get a breakdown or list of the rankings from lowest to highest?  That would be very helpful to all members who have years of involvement in the Community with (2) Rewards programs.

Posting the list here would also be appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance😊

@mi4090 

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Hi Marylin 

@mi4090 quote partial: 

"It also states that rankings haven't updated in years, "

I think his stating this means there's been no updates to ranking system in years VS your saying we'd been updated in past throughout time to different levels..... so they are now doing an update to ranking system???

Forgive if wrong but that was my thoughts of his statement 

Have a great one 

Ginger  :  )

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Ginger, everyone has an interpretation or opinion😊. Would be nice to get an answer or explanation.

I'm curious about the logic behind how things work, and this is no exception.  You're so right life will go on and I would like to know😊

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@mi4090 @andrewtoo @ralmon 

Hey there folks

Changes changes... seem to always be coming with Rewards and Community 

We weren't given much of an answer nor info.... following link didn't help much as Andrew also stated... only a post they've changed rankings

I had no luck finding what changes amount to or why? Or how now setup for future & from what I did read doesn't seem we will be given the desired info/answers  😞

Honestly, I never knew how the old "titles" became what they did.... kinda figured once posted so many times and amount of kudos determined it somehow... even recall asking few old timers in R4G days about it they didn't know 

So I'm assuming they are doing away with or possibly we've all started over for some reason.... once again I feel powerless in situation  🤯 as did with new rewards... guess acceptance is necessary to move on and not allow choices of others to cause upset....its totally out of my control... as learned with new rewards there's things will never understand or know why? ¿¿? which taught me life goes on and I'd be okay too 

May we all find our peace with it

Take care everyone

Have great day!

Ginger  :  )

Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline Those links were not very helpful.  I hope when the changes "for the better" are final that you or another moderator will post the explanation and effect of the changes on our accounts in our "General" forum.

Thanks so much!

AndrewToo
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Hi Marylin,

did you remember to swipe your AARP card during login?  Hahaha, just kidding. I was reminded of the Kroger self-checkout that always say "welcome, valued customer" when I scan my Kroger card.

Apparently, I'm a Conversationalist. No idea what I was before, if anything. I never really paid attention. All I can say is that most dogs like me... LOL.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, y'all.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @ralmon 

Ray, no I didn't swipe. 

Could Management @AARPCarlaS or @AARPCaroline please explain how this happens?  Thanks.

Marylin

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Wow all

Strange??? 🤔

@AARPTeri Teri any thoughts or info to share? 

Curiously Ginger  ;  )

Silver Conversationalist

My status changed also.  Does anyone know the hierarchy of the different levels??  Today I'm a "Trusted Contributor".

Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

Looks like I am a silver conversationalist, today at least.

001 Silver Conversation.jpg

AndrewToo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP