Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Speaking of misleading!

Why in the world are you sending us a 2022 membership form to sign up for several more years when we are already signed up through 2025.  So if we didn't happen to remember our last renewal, we would have to take the time to check it out, or sign up for more time cluelessly.  So much for trusting an organization whose purpose is to advocate for older people.

We have lost trust in you - your actions are not what you advocate.  Be embarrassed.

Community Concierge

@PeterS554948 Happy to help! We occasionally mail out early bird renewal offers to existing members that feature exclusive pricing for members who wish to renew early. Also, any mailings addressed to "Valued Member" are mass mailings that go to all households and they are not specifically directed to you.

I will need more information about the mailing you received in order to investigate this further. If you'd like to send me a private message with more details, check out the steps to do that here: How to Send a Private Message  

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

Agreed, Peter... I have fought this for decades, as my mom, who I bought a life membership 30 yrs ago, tried to renew every time she got the reminder...

I hate (seriously using that word) AARP does not filter and subscribe to smarter stewardship...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@PeterS554948,

This is a common practice with most subscriptions. In fact, my favorite is Time Magazine. I negotiate Time Magazine at a price of $30 for three years of weekly issues.

As soon as my subscription starts, I start receiving correspondence from Time for a ONE year $40 subscription with two gift subscriptions included.

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 🤗. I inquired about this back in July and these 2 recommendations I received. From AARPJanelleM ( https://info.aarp.org/org-ttar-cust-accord/?campaignid=AEMAUU001 ) and you can make a change in your account page under Notifications. I'm just saying 

Concerned Member
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP