Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Gold Conversationalist

Site not working

It was working this morning, Dec. 18, when I earned my points.  I have been trying to get back on for several hours and all I get is the initial join the program page....tried logging out and back in but still nothing.   Is anyone else having this problem?

@AARPTeri  

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

No I'm not, try clearing cookies and cache and use some other browsers.  Just a suggestion, probably already tried.  

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Strange.  This did not appear on the menu of topics until after I responded to your other post.  In any case, thanks for your help.   I cleared the cache.  It did the same thing on the other browser so I think something has gone wrong on the AARP side between yesterday morning and yesterday evening.   

@AARPTeri @AARPCaroline   Help!

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi @HokiePoq -- checking to see if you've been able to get in. Let me know! 

AARP Community Manager
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPCaroline  Not working for two days now. No RFG email either. I was locked out as of afternoon day before yesterday Only this site.  A continuous Get Started loop over and over is what I see. Logged in many times, changed password, changed browsers, , tried on phone.  Locked out. Something was changed day before yesterday as it worked prior to that. Beyond frustrating 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq & @rednanamama 

@HokiePoq  are you back on site, since they asked?

@rednanamama  sorry you're having same problem, it not happening to everyone, so connected to your login I'm thinking.  Where is tech support for Rewards😴

Hope you both get back on soon.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Yes, it is my login that has been locked out It is not my browser or my device. I have tried three different devices and different browsers.  Why this happened to an account that was working all of a sudden I cannot say but it was not on my end.

@AARPCaroline or @AARPTeri Can you request that my account be reset?  I don't want to lose the points I had. That total shows up at the top of the page when I login but I only get a signup page. When I do as prompted it just goes back to that same page.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

So frustrating to see you are still locked out, does Rewards program have a tech support department?  Why was this program released with so many problems?

Hope you can get in soon, so close to Christmas they may all be gone.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090 

@rednanamama 

rednanamama, were you the one who attempted to resolve your issue with tech support?  I recall someone posting that.

Is your issue the same as mine?

Don't have time to sit on phone right now but on the plus side, I have gotten a lot of work done already today since getting up at 5 a.m.

I would normally spend that time earning points and playing AARP games. That site works for me, at least for now.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@HokiePoqat least you got a lot of work doneSmiley Happy

Hopefully there will be a fix for your and @rednanamama as a Christmas present.

Happy Holidays,

Marylin

Periodic Contributor

Yes, I tried again.  Nothing changed.  They gave us points that expire end of year but we are unable to redeem.  I have tried everything.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @rednanamama 

Where did you see that our points expire at the end of the year?  Take a screenshot and post it.

I didn't know about Points expiring....WOW.

@AARPTeri  will points expire end of year?  Thanks for letting us know.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@rednanamama and @HokiePoq - we're going to take a look at what's happening and have escalated your cases. Thank you!

Periodic Contributor

Same here.  So disgusted.  Seems nobody can help.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

I have more than (4) browser just for AARP Rewards only😢 Are you back in?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Gold Conversationalist

@mi4090   No I'm not.   Guess I shouldn't have complained about wasting my time, lol.  I only wasted less than an hour  yesterday attempting to log on in different browsers, portals.   No other website I visit is affected.   That's why I wonder if an address changed or something.  Could you or one of the admins post a link to the entrance page?    Only thing I can think of is that the old bookmarks I had which forwarded me to the correct page no longer work.....but that wouldn't explain why I just can't log on from the main AARP page or the games page link.   

I've had to buy a new laptop due to a hardware issue.   Maybe the Geek squad can help when I take them the new computer today to move my files, etc.  Thanks for thinking of me.  You are appreciated.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @HokiePoq 

I too only have problems with AARP Rewards website, all other sites work fine.

The link is www.aarp.org.  Here's a screenshotScreenshot_2019-12-20-07-57-47.png

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Retired Moderator

@HokiePoq We've had some intermittent issues with AARP.org today that we're working to resolve. We believe it's impacting people using Internet Explorer. Try using a browser other than IE, if you have not already -- and keep checking back! 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@AARPCaroline   I don't use Explorer.  I use Chrome.  I also tried Edge but the same thing....locked into an introductory page (discover) where you sign on for the first time and agree to terms.   Bookmarks in both browsers which used to go to the correct page now go to this page.  I tried entering through other portals (link on main page, link on games page) but still get directed to the page where I can't do anything but watch the introduction video...over and over.  It was working fine yesterday morning but by yesterday afternoon, the address didn't work and still doesn't work.  I think someone changed something yesterday afternoon.   

Periodic Contributor

I have been trying for weeks.  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP