Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Share stories of kindness and thank those who have helped you during the coronavirus pandemic.

Message 11 of 24
We come out to Salome AZ from back east each year. This yr was so different with this coronavirus. We had been to town to both F$ and $G stores. NO toilet paper. So I was venting to our neighbor, Ka, and another camper, Fed. Well, within a day, both came with TP , Ka in the a.m. 6 pk and gave it. Would not take any money. In p.m. Fed came with a 6 pack as well that he picked up some 100 miles away. And he too would not take any cash pmt. Very, very sweet folks, no hoarding here between neighbors, friends. Helping each other in NEED. Thank you, Ka thank you Fed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Share stories of kindness and thank those who have helped you during the coronavirus pandemic.

Message 12 of 24

My granddaughter is 14 and this isolation is terrible for a teenager. I offered to have her come over so I could teach her to crochet. "G-Ma that's to hard". So she is now doing my laundry, arranging my cupboards and cleaning my trailer. Plus we are all enjoying the baked goods. She is baking cookies for us to enjoy. She is helping G-MA thru her cabin fever seeing as G-MA is not allowed out of her trailer. I love her dearly and one day she will be telling the story of this pandemic to her grandchildren. Stay safe everyone and god bless.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

I was recently diagnosed with covid 19, and i will like to thank my 2 daughters,  and both of my sons, my older brother,  friends and families for their support trying to help me get through this, by helping, out with food , toilet tree, ect. I love you guys so much. Thanks for everything and God bless you all 😚🙏

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Chalk murals

Message 14 of 24

A friend of ours has been going around the community drawing sidewalk chalk murals at everyone's homes.  He has chosen themes that relate to the recipients or symbols that just show love and kindness.      It is nice to know someone is thinking of you and even nicer to see something special outside your house as a reminder of the goodness of people, especially during a crisis.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

First I have to thank my wonderful daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter for helping others. My daughter Christine teaches, my son-in-law David is in food service and my granddaughter is a nurse.  And our son Dan for all his does to help us. I am so proud of all of them!

Next I want to give special thanks to Mike and his wife, Toma, for always being there to help us with any thing we need. My husband is in a wheelchair and I am unable to get him out of the house and into the car by myself, so Mike helps us each month get him to the Dr. Without his help we were paying $189. for a service to take him to the Dr. They have both been so kind to us in many ways.

And certainly not last our many friends near and far that offer support and encouragement.

We have so much to be thankful for in these scary times. Thank you AARP for giving us the opportunity to show our appreciation and for all the many things you do for senior citizens!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Stories of kindness - Library May Day Deliveries!

Message 16 of 24

Our local library has been closed. However, they sent out a message to library patrons offering to deliver up to three selections from the library catalog to 50 homes. The deliveries were based on a first come first served request. This was a part of their effort to celebrate May Day around our small community. It was so appreciated!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

There are SO many people, groups and businesses to thank during these long 6 weeks, and who knows how many to come. Today I'm so grateful for my friends, Deb and Patty, who have done FREE OrangeTheory workouts from home with me via Zoom.  I love that my favorite local Indian restaurant, Spice Kraft is taking curbside pickup and delivery orders and that my friend's restaurant, The Portofino, is making and delivering meals to hospital workers. I admire the talent and productivity of my friend Ruth who made us all masks.

image.png

And then for my companion, Charley, who is always by my side, doesn't complain about getting the same meals every day, watches whatever I choose, puts up with me without rolling his eyes and is always, always, always ready to start a new day with me.

Charley.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

So true, @tainbey !

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24
I am 85 and at home alone! My daughter is my angel! she cooks meals for the whole family and I have "meals on wheels" thanks to my wonderful daughter!!! I sometimes drive over to her house pick up my meal(enough for 2 or 3 days) or sometimes weather permitting we eat out side on patio 6 fteet apart!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24

I was out taking my dog for a walk when a gust of wind took my hat and blew it into the street.  A kind gentleman who was in a truck stopped at a light, raced out of his car, grabbed my hat and returned it to me.  I thought that was very generous of his time and inconveniousing himself to help me out.  I am partially disabled and unable to "race" anywhere.  What a kindness.  Thank you seemed so little for his kind response. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors