Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Rewards

I can earn points daily but rewards don't seem to have much appeal, can't find daily or weekly instant win chances and when giving input, I have no way of knowing if anyone is reading them, if my suggestions or problems are unique or if improvements are on the way. Where is the responses re these problems from AARP Rewards staff? Seems to be a lot less user friendly, especially for people like me who aren't real computer literate. Got points...how to use the?  And how is an exclusive, members only offer for a $10 Krispy Kreme gift card that costs $10 any kind of deal. We need programmers who are old enough to be in AARP so they are more user friendly.

Contributor

AARP should stop being so cheap and taking advantage of their members.  BRING BACK THE REAL REWARDS AND NOT SUCKER TYPE OF REWARDS.  Come on, save a dollar on a donut?  You could get a buy one get one free from a regular coupon in a newspaper!  AARP took away the real rewards and put CRAP on their site. 

Periodic Contributor

There has been no change in this "NEW AND IMPROVED" rewards program since they put it into place in September.  It is now almost December!  They took away many many reward opportunities, daily auctions, numerous savings we used to have. This was in place through the old program for years. Sad and pathetic they are taking from the seniors in this country.  Write a letter, take their survey, even call them - it doesn't seem to matter. They're NOT listening to the loyal members of AARP.  Someone must be profitting from this "improved" change, but it sure isn't the members! This clearly must be for AARPs profit!  

Retired Moderator

@ladybird123 AARP Rewards is still in Beta, which means we continue to make improvements and are actively listening to what our AARP Rewards members are saying. The creation of AARP Rewards is about making a better and mission-focused experience for our members -- not about profit. AARP is and has always been a nonprofit organization. New rewards catalog items and features will be available, so stay tuned. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thursday 01/02/2019 daily instant win winner--prize was supposed to be $25 Lands End & I was sent a $5 one instead.

i won't pursue further, but fyi (but won't complain if you rensend the $25) 🙂  all in all, i like the new rewards

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@smarthu Yes, this was a mistake! You and all winners from this instant win will get an email soon making things right. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm hoping they add some deals for the holidays--

'course, I'm a known pollyanna

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @smarthu 

That would really be nice, I'd also like to donate points to the Foundation for the holidays to help struggling seniors with food drives.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @timfrugan & @jk27933577 

Tim & JK; the entire hyped up new program is a slap in our faces, and an insult of our intelligence.  It's like saying "Hello Suckers we're going to give a ton of point earning opportunities and nothing to use them on"Smiley Sad

Everyone is mad and waiting on a changeSmiley Mad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Contributor

Tim, I feel your pain! It is my search for answers that brought me to this forum.  I miss the Daily Deals, which made my yearly membership fee worthwhile. I would like to hear from someone with AARP Rewards who acknowledges the glitches (are these glitches? or just a sadly inferior product?)

Conversationalist

@jk27933577 wrote:

Tim, I feel your pain! It is my search for answers that brought me to this forum.  I miss the Daily Deals, which made my yearly membership fee worthwhile. I would like to hear from someone with AARP Rewards who acknowledges the glitches (are these glitches? or just a sadly inferior product?)

I miss the Daily Deals as well. I guess the people who weren't retired (aaRp) were upset that they weren't home at 3PM eastern, to get the win.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP