Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Rewards Program Suggestion

Dear AARP, we like the AARP rewards program and can always redeem our limit of three rewards every month.  I’ve seen requests to increase the number of redemptions from 3 to 5 per month but understand this may not be economically feasible.  Would it be possible to add 1 extra redemption for our birthday month?  It would be a nice birthday present!

Silver Conversationalist

@dw6574 

economically feasible for who, certainly not AARP. I am not convinced these redemptions are costing AARP Rewards anything. Can we say Advertising. Just look at the offers we are presented with, most of the gift cards are for only $5. Since this new rewards program started the sweepstakes hardly ever exceeded a few hundred dollars. (July finally saw a $5000 sweeps. Great News Yea 🙂 🙂 I think as do many other members increasing our redemption quota to 5 per month is definitely within reason.

just saying

lucyp061351
Gold Conversationalist

I agree.  Many of the redemptions are not costing AARP or its contractor anything.   The $5 ones are no doubt promotional given by the vendor.    Others  are being sold for prices higher than one pays for the same amount at warehouse clubs.   In other words AARP's contractor is making money off the sales. I don't know about the others....but imagine the vendors are considering the cards advertising. Increasing the redemption numbers is appropriate given that one can earn so many points and redeem for a small amount.   Many learned the hard way that accumulating a million points does not necessarily pay off in the end.   (Not me I spent them all on the old program, but never won any big prize.)   

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Yes, that would be great. Especially, since this is my birthday month!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP