Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Reward points decrease after completed activities.

Contributor

Reward points decrease after completed activities.

I've noticed the last few weeks that sometimes when I finish a quiz or a game my points decrease instead of increase. Sometimes 700 points at a time. Anyone else having a similar issue?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Noticed this too, I'm actually losing 1000 points each day. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I thought the same thing was happening to me.  I kept thinking I should have had about 1000 points more than I did after completing the activities. Add now I know it has been subtracting 1000 points..  I checked my beginning total today.  After completing 20 videos I should have earned 6000 points.  But guess what I only earned 5000 points. My total point was 1000 less than it should have been.  In your case I would assume you got the 300 points for watching a video but they subtracted 1000 from the total arriving at a 700 point decrease.  Why does this site have so many problems.  Why should you be penalized. The points you earn is only a little bit better than a non member.

Can somebody from AARP look into this? @AARPTeri or @AARPJanelleM

Conversationalist

I think I discovered the reason for this reduction.  I find it happens if the last thing a did the day before was enter a sweepstakes (1000 point reduction) or an Instant win (50 point reduction).  Appararently it has a glitch and doesn't always subtract the points when you enter.  It finally subtracts it when you an activity to earn points or another spending of points for an Instant Win or Sweepstakes.  I have seen this happen when watching a video.  I will sometimes watch a video and my point total stays the same.  Then I will watch another video and my point total will increase by 600 not 300 points.  this makes it hard to keep track of what is going on.  Just random.

Can the IT department get these glitches corrected?  I really don't think they can without causing other problems. It seems to be their way. 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I now am sure that the last redemption you make doesn't seem to lower your point total until you you do something else like watch a video.  Last night I redeemed 21,000 points for a Amazon card.  This morning when I watched a video my point total went way down.  They added the 300 points for the video and subtracted the 21,000 points for the Amazon gift card.  At least that is what I hoped happened. I didn't check my total after the redemption last night.  I hope they didn't take the amount twice. Yikes!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP