Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Received Email: 'AARP - New sign-on detected for your Okta account' -- What is This?

Conversationalist

Received Email: 'AARP - New sign-on detected for your Okta account' -- What is This?

Just received an email as follows:

Hi Jason,

Your Okta Account was just used to sign-in from a new or unrecognized device, browser, or application.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the heck is happening with this website? I have not signed-in on a new device. I feel like I have been compromised. 

@AARPJanelleM , please explain. Is this something new? 

[ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…(ฬฒฬ…5ฬฒฬ…)ฬฒฬ…$ฬฒฬ…] (โ˜‰เฑช โŠ™)

Hi Jason, We are currently investigating this matter, in the meantime, please change your password.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I would love to, but the site is down for maintenance, again. When it's back up, I will do just that! Thank you for your reply. 

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @Jason2020LovesKelly I found this:

https://support.okta.com/help/s/?language=en_US

& also this: โ€œConstantly receiving New Sign-On Detected notification emailโ€

https://support.okta.com/help/s/question/0D54z00007L5zgxCAB/constantly-receiving-new-signon-detected...

I vaguely remember how okta & AARP are related with sign-ons.... & Iโ€™ll dig around my files...if I find something Iโ€™ll post it here. I could send you a PM ....but you have to have it enabled. Hope this helps you somehow...

ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

at least itโ€™s a start๐Ÿ˜Š

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Thanks, Allen. I have researched this myself and figured it was to be between Okta and/or Hello World, or AARP. No worries. However, I have never received one prior to this post, so an explanation of sort from AARP would be nice, as a courtesy, just to clear the air. 

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @Jason2020LovesKelly Yes ....We need someone to explain how okta & AARP are related ๐Ÿค”

....also... itโ€™d be nice to have someone explain ....How much longer do we have to go through with this broken Wonky website? ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

heheee ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Take care   โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen

Regular Social Butterfly

Agreed! This has to stop!

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP