Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 51 of 85
Read my recent review. I tried to buy gift cards under the new rewards programs. A nightmare bc of the bugs! I don't recommend it at all.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 85

A member for 8 years. They didn't send me the email they said they sent out saying the Rewards for Good expires 9/23/2019. Lost all my points!

Two weeks ago I tried to redeem new rewards for gift cards. What a pain. Turns out they charged my credit card $55.00 but never sent me the cards. I received emails from the 3 different vendors of the cards with NO link to redeem. (I didn't expect virtual cards or print outs either). No mail either.

I contacted AARP and spoke to Cynthia, who couldn't understand the problem and said 'that order is unflled'. Hmm, right, Cynthia - that's why I'm calling you! She said: 'You'll have to call the Rewards Hotline later to fix this - they aren't available' and said she couldn't give me a direct line. Great.

I waited 15 minutes and called back and spoke with Bill who was frustrated and sympathetic but the only thing he could do was give me each vendor's phone number and told me to call them to ask for a refund or a link to redeem the card.

No refund from AARP - they are now just a website where you can save a few bucks on gift cards but if you have problems you'll have to contact each vendor. When you place an order you think you are getting the cards in the mail, bulk, like before with the Goods program. Not now.

I think AARP needs to direct the buyer to each site when purchasing - THAT WAY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO? And the tiny amount saved on each card is now moot since I've spent valuable time trying to resolve this issue

I will NOT be using the rewards program at all. Note: Turns out Bill says there is NO Rewards Hotline. Which one should I believe? Cynthia or Bill? Ha.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 85

When will they bring back the discounted gift cards?  Why did they take away just about all of the discounted giftcards?  It has been over a month since this "NEW AND IMPROVED" rewards program went into place.  The only improvement I'm seeing is AARP benefitting from this: taking away from the SENIORS and saving money from taking away the rewards we used to have.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 85

DISAPOINTED IS NOT THE WORD ; BEEN TELLING AARP THAT THE PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK WITH AOL GOLD ; AND THE 3,000,000 PEOPLE TRYING TO USE IT  ; NOONE EVEN RETURNS THE MESSAGES ; BETA WHO THE HELL USES A KNOWN PROBLEM SYSTEM TO START SOMETHING NEW...........FROM DAY 1 YOU CAN DO QUIZZES ; OR ANYTHING UP FRONT ; BUT ; WHEN YOU GO TO REWARDS AND "REDEEM" 1st THING IT TELLS YOU YOUR "BROWSER IS OUT OF DATE" AND GO TO CHROME ; WELL IS UP TO DATE AUTOMATICALLY AND UPDATED DAILY AND MY BROWSER IS "CHROME" ; AND GUESS WHAT I CAN DO THE "SWEEPSTAKES" ; NO PROBLEM ; BUT EVERYTIME I GO TO PICK FROM THE "ALLREWARDS" IT SENDS ME BACK TO THE "REWARDS STARTING PAGE" ; THEY DON'T KNOW TO FIX IT  ; PERIOD.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS ??????????????????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 85

I am also disappointed in the new rewards program the only Sweepstake I've been able to enter is the Fitbit Sweepstake, I can't find or enter any of the otherones that are listed at the bottom of the Fitbit for the Rules.

I think this was done on purpose so that no one will win.

AARP Rewards you have to do better and better direction on where to find things.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 85

The only reward I can redeem is the Fitbit sweeps. I can’t redeem nto the other sweepstakes, I can’t redeem with points like the charging pad, and I can’t even get any of the gift cards. Is there a problem with the redemption? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 85

I get free magazines with my Prime Amazon Account.  Never giving up Prime.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 85

Thank you Briana and Teri (I wouldn't want your job right now!) I just found this little corner of the site....yes, I am disappointed---especially considering the months prior full of promises. But I will hang in there, because I have seen some small signs of progress, although I will hold onto most of my points until some worthwhile gift cards and merchandise become available. I will be watching! Just wish the rollout had been better---I think a lot of people will just get fed up and leave.

choochoochas
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 85

@kk3602 we appreciate your feedback. Please note that the catalog is not fully developed yet. We plan to add more redemption options, including point only magazine subscriptions! We appreciate your patience- stay tuned!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 85

ME! I'M DISAPPOINTED! 

So, disappointed. This new rewards program really sucks and is just a joke. 

A pitifully small catalog of rewards, especially in points only rewards, so-called "local deals" which are no better than the coupons that come all the time in the mail, Most of these "deals" require you to use points for discounts that you could get for free anyway. 

The selection of merchandise is puny and sad. Really? Does anybody really want or NEED another run of the mill water bottle or a pill organizer??? Oh boy, really excited about those!

No Daily Deals, no auctions with gift cards and other items that actually have value. No magazines of any kind including points only ones. 

Really AARP??? It's not even worth spending time trying to earn points if there's nothing to even spend them on. Whoever came up with this idea should be fired. You've let us all down.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors