Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

Contributor

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

No Auctions and can win only one sweepstake a month.  Who would be happy with the changes?

This comment is from 2019. It’s 2023 and the rewards are still kinda useless. 🥴 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors,

@AARPDianaG Is it normal for member post and all Tags to be removed from Community after maintenance?  I'm curious because there are previous post and tags that can't be found, including with a Search.

Would be helpful if Community knew how to find.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

I am definitely not happy. Have been a member since 1999 and this new program is the pits.  I will probably give up my membership when it expires.

Super Contributor

most of us not happy with the new program

but

does anyone at AARP CARE OR WANT TO IMPROVE 

let the contract to a company with a better program/system

Bronze Conversationalist

Hello everyone 😁 hope everyone is doing well. Yes, like the majority of us I believe . I can only speak for myself, my belief is that the organization that is supposed to be looking out and speaking up for our Well Being, is only looking out for their own well being. These Directors and Tech people ( I don't think they know half the time what they're doing ) are paid hefty salaries. Plus bonuses for soliciting clients that only benefit their pockets. C'mon, these rewards for points is a Slap in our Faces. People are constantly having problems with the site. What's up with this so called Maintenance. After they finish rigging the ( Sorry , Try again Tomorrow ) we seem to have problems. AARP needs to be more Transparent about the so called winners. We as members have to pay for membership and  non members ( age 13 to 49 I believe I might be wrong about the 49, but the 13 is correct ) don't pay a penny to win Instant Win and Sweepstakes. Myself, once my subscription is up in March, I'm done with AARP. I'm just saying 🤗

Concerned Member
Contributor

I think the rewards program with AARP is ridiculous. I’d gladly give up all my points (135,000 + until they keep deducting for not using) for any fair product that doesn’t require any cash from me (eg discount purchasing)   I’d be ok at 1%+  value for actual rewards. 

Periodic Contributor

ANOTHER THING :HAS ANYONE SEEN A "LIST OF WINNERS" OF ANY OF THE CONTESTS ; THE OLD SYSTEM YOU COULD SEE EVERY WINNER ; IS THERE AN ACTUAL WAY TO SEE THEM ??????

I'VE ASKED ; STILL HAVEN'T GOT 1 ANSWER YET !

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can find them here:

Daily IW: bit.ly/2ZMG8ny

Sweeps: bit.ly/2M430fl

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

APPRECIATE THE ANSWER TERI ; BUT ; VERY FEW SEEMS TO KNOW HOW ;THIS WAS EVEN LOCATED ; IN THE OLD SYSTEM ;YOU WENT DIRECTLY TO IT EASILY AND AT ANY TIME.

FYI MANY THOUGHT THIS WAS HINKEY ALSO.

THANKS FOR AN ANSWER.

Community Concierge

@HAGERVON You can review the terms and conditions located at the bottom of the Redeem tab on AARP Rewards: https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/sweeps-rules/ Once you select the sweepstakes, you will have the option to view the winner list.

Contributor

That link leads to a list of the Sweepstakes, each having separate terms and conditions. 

Like other Terms and Conditions of the AARP website, those Sweepstakes Terms seem to have been intentionally composed by a lawyer, for a lawyer, and are printed in a way to discourage them from being read. They are in the smallest, hardest to read  font size and tyoeface used anywhere on the site.  

eg:

Screenshot 2022-01-26 6.14.20 PM.png

Conversationalist

HAGERVON,

I found a list of winners here:

http://winlists.helloworld.com/245438_SW.pdf

Periodic Contributor

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWER ; NOW WE HAVE SEVERAL WAYS TO GET THERE.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

THANKS: AL's EXPLANATION BELOW IS VERY GOODALSO AND EASY TO FOLLOW.

Von

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

At the bottom of the Redeem page you'll see Sweepstakes and Instant Win rules. Tap the Sweepstakes one and it will take you to a page with all the Sweepstakes. Then tap the one you want to see. At the bottom of that page you'll see a link for a list of the Winners. 

I used to belong to VipVoice and some of the names of the Winners on that site seems to me that they are also on these list of Winners. One day I'm going to compare the Winners on both list because I could swear I've seen some of the same names on both list. I'm just saying

Concerned Member
Periodic Contributor

AL:

THANKS FOR THE EXPLANATION ; BUT AGAIN ; HOW WOULD YOU KNOW TO GO THERE ; NOONE EVER EXPLAINED THIS TO ANYONE I ASKED AFTER YOU SENT THIS ANSWER ; 12 OUT OF 12 KNEW NO WAY TO GET THERE...........VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE ANSWER.

Von

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

1. I agree. The rewards program is terrible. I should not have to use my points to just enter to win gift cards that do not amount to anything. Plus most of the good selections are sold out. I do not plan to accumulate any more points, because it is not worth my time. 
Contributor

NEW WEBSITE AND PROGRAM HAS NO APPEAL

Trusted Social Butterfly

Majority of paying members very disappointed 😞

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Regular Contributor

There’s also no rewards to speak of for points only.  The discounts offered on merchandise are ridulous. Saw one tonight the value was 25$, discounted price the same amount, Miss the variety and entertainment of the old rewards.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @BettyB374802 

Yes you're right, I posted about Points Only deals at the beginning of this hyped up New AARP Rewards program that wasn't ready to be released.  Hopefully they will get it right soon.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Regular Contributor

On the old program, My daughter and I had to each ordered with points the weight watchers magazine. Just checked on that because didn’t receive. Customer service said it’s no longer available. It’s all those points are gone through no fault of our own.

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

That’s what happened to me, said not available and that all remaining points were put in a sweepstakes, explained the points were applied to the magazine and didn’t show as remaining points. So not entered in a sweepstakes, she was unable to comprehend what I was saying. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@BettyB374802 

Betty, I need to call.  Won a magazine subscription I haven't received also.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Regular Contributor

Didn’t help me to call. They weren’t able to help. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BettyB374802   Magazine fulfillment from Rewards for Good orders many take up to 12 weeks to receive. If your order was made over 12 weeks ago please contact Deluxe Rewards for order assistance at 1-800-217-1015.

AARPTeri
Social Butterfly

Thanks Teri @AARPTeri 

Ordered in Sept so 3 months/12 weeks be Dec so possibly it'll start soon 

Appreciate your help and quick reply 

Thanks

Ginger  :   ) 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

I believe that it may have been a daily deal for points only, although I can't find a confirmation in any of my folders.  WIthout this written note, I wouldn't be able to determine the redemption date.  I hope you get your first issue soon.  I remember that the magazine seemed slow to start, and I wish I could be of more help.

AndrewToo
Contributor

1. click on transaction history

2. open up redemption history, it shows all transactions(daily sweepstakes, redeemed pionts for purchased or point redemptions, etc.) from when aarp rewards started last year

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP