Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

Contributor

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

No Auctions and can win only one sweepstake a month.  Who would be happy with the changes?

Contributor

The new Rewards feels like a sham. The local offers are from places I would never use or visit. I don't like gift cards because they often don't work. Basically, it's $4 or $5 off cards. Why don't you just drop this and ask people to volunteer for research? 

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I got a lot of free magazines, but I understood it would be quite a few weeks before we would be getting them. I have lost track to know when they will be coming, but I will pay attention now. As of today, no magazines.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Community Concierge

Hi @angeleyes64, may I know when did you order the magazines? I'll be happy to help.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Mine and my daughters weight watchers magazines were ordered a month or two before the program changed. I am unable to access the exact date any longer. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@BettyB374802 

Hello Betty

I ordered the "Women's Health" magazine with points/ Daily Deal offered 2 days b4 program ended I've not received it as of today All other magazines I ordered Points only Deals b4 R4G ended I've been receiving for month or so & think ones sent to family are being received. No idea what the issue is with Women's Health? Nor can we access our orders anymore?? Anyone ideas??

Just wanted to respond to you to say your not alone & also there is a Forum available for old R4G program info I've not gone there lately but going to go post about my magazine order see if can get help vs calling Customer Service which only causes me frustration 

Good luck hope you get yours soon

Happy Monday 

Ginger  :  ) 

Social Butterfly

@BettyB374802 

@AARPTeri 

Hey Betty sorry I've led you astray just went to Forum had saved in my list It no longer exists ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿค” Bummer

Teri can you please help without us having to call Customer Service? Also why was the R4G Forum removed? Thanks really appreciate any help/ info you can provide.

I ordered Women's Health magazine couple days b4 R4G ended haven't received yet all other magazines for points have been receiving month or more 

My order confirmation # is:

DRWS-12731258 

Used 1500 points for yearly subscription of 10 issues on Saturday 9/21/19. 

Is there anyway to access info & order status of our past orders from R4G? I've not been able to find any way to creating my need to post for help 

Thanks

Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hey Andrew just recalled think you also ordered

"Women's Health" magazine same time as I  Have y'all been receiving yours? 

Thanks 

Have a beautiful week 

Ginger  ;  ) 

Social Butterfly

Hello Gem @gm5271 ,

I found a note that I wrote that shows that I purchased "Women's Health" on 7/17/19.  I did not record the number of issues redeemed, however.  We have been receiving it and my darling girlfriend enjoys it.

Nice to "see" you.  I hope this is of some help.

Take care,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hey Andrew thanks for reply 

Did you mean 9 instead of 7? Mine was ordered 9/21 2 days b4 program ended was thinking you got same time in September? Glad y'all receiving maybe mine will come soon

Have a wonderful holiday season Take care 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @BettyB374802 

I saw a post about the magazine issue about a month ago๐Ÿ˜ข  I won an Elle subscription in August and checked after seeing post via email I received from R4G and my subscription should start in December as per magazine website.

Do U  have the R4G email about your Weight Watchers subscriptions?  Call R4G Customer Service at 800-842-2891.  Hope you get them.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your help,,,

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@azhotaz   We still have the Rewards for Good program  and left this message in the old forum - https://community.aarp.org/t5/Rewards-for-Good/Still-have-questions-about-Rewards-for-Good-orders-S... .  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos

I think it is sad that when you earn thousands upon thousands and thousands of reward that they no longer offer free incentives as they have done in the past.  (We pay S&H of course!)

0 Kudos
Contributor

I agree there are no longer any points only rewards. Only gift cards for a $1 or $2 discount which is not worth it. Come on AARP you can do better.

Bronze Conversationalist

@JamesE236846 wrote:

I agree there are no longer any points only rewards. Only gift cards for a $1 or $2 discount which is not worth it. Come on AARP you can do better.

My review:

1. Yes, the gift cards for a $1 to $2 discount is kind of a ripoff. If you get the cash app, they are offering 10% off groceries and you can buy gift cards at grocery stores. 10% of a 75 gift card is $7.50 off.... lol.

2. It seems AARP is trying to prevent members from hoarding points. You can now enter sweepstakes you likely will not win or redeem rewards which seems like they are scaling back the quality/quantity of gift card/items.

Definitely people were gaming the system. Some members were bragging having 500k points, maxing out on sweepstake entries and obtaining 3 redemptions every month. I can understand AARP trying to stop this.

In order to gain 3 quality redemptions every month you will most likely have to stop entering in the sweepstakes because now the entry point maxing sweepstake entries is very high and will prevent members from hoarding points.

I might lean towards not entering anymore sweepstakes but it also seems like AARP maybe reducing the quality in what you can redeem. 

Conversationalist

I don't think people are "gaming" the current system, nor are they bragging about their points totals.  It's more like they are complaining that they have very little that they are willing to spend their points on. 

The first time I tried to use an e-card at a Walmart, in the express register line, the  clerk messed up the transaction, which resulted in a lot of unhappy customers in the line behind me, waiting for a supervisor to come and straighten it out. I won't purchase any e-cards that I cannot use online and enter them into an account like Uber or Amazon for later use, or for a purchase right away that I was already contemplating.  

Unless you've been lucky over the past year and have won a sweepstakes, the new extra entries is a slap in the face, looking like its only purpose is to get us to lower our points total for nothing in return, save hope.  If the same people max out on entries for each contest, as they were before, the odds for winning are not changed. 

Rather than admit that it was a mistake to switch from Deluxe to Hello World!, the decision makers at AARP are struggling to make it work, rather than switch back. Hello World! decides what is offered for redemption, and the discounts available through their negotiations with vendors.  They are the ones responsible for when your purchases get messed up and don't come through. AARP is only responsible for switching and not realizing how unhappy the users are about it, and thereby switching back.  I can only surmise that AARP has a contract with Hello World! that they cannot get out of easily. That or someone is reluctant to admit the mistake in switching.

As far as I can remember, pretty much the only issue with Deluxe was with the auctions having tiers, and allowing for some people to fudge their way into lower tiers, using massive points totals to get what they wanted. AARP could have just eliminated Auctions, like they did anyway by switching to Hello World!.  If the contract with Deluxe wouldn't allow for that, AARP could have just made a recommendation to its members to not partake and explain why.

The additional sweepstakes entries are showing me that I have been spending too much time watching videos and taking quizzes, some over and over again, building up a points total that I may never need, due to lack of anything to spend them on. Shoot, I don't even need to spend points now for the Carnival gift cards I came here for in the first place. All I have to do is stay as a member.  

I will make a disclaimer, though, that I have learned quite a bit by taking quizzes and watching videos.  I have to keep reminding myself of that benefit.

Bronze Conversationalist

@RussellP197074 wrote:

I don't think people are "gaming" the current system, nor are they bragging about their points totals.  It's more like they are complaining that they have very little that they are willing to spend their points on. 

The first time I tried to use an e-card at a Walmart, in the express register line, the  clerk messed up the transaction, which resulted in a lot of unhappy customers in the line behind me, waiting for a supervisor to come and straighten it out. I won't purchase any e-cards that I cannot use online and enter them into an account like Uber or Amazon for later use, or for a purchase right away that I was already contemplating.  

Unless you've been lucky over the past year and have won a sweepstakes, the new extra entries is a slap in the face, looking like its only purpose is to get us to lower our points total for nothing in return, save hope.  If the same people max out on entries for each contest, as they were before, the odds for winning are not changed. 

Rather than admit that it was a mistake to switch from Deluxe to Hello World!, the decision makers at AARP are struggling to make it work, rather than switch back. Hello World! decides what is offered for redemption, and the discounts available through their negotiations with vendors.  They are the ones responsible for when your purchases get messed up and don't come through. AARP is only responsible for switching and not realizing how unhappy the users are about it, and thereby switching back.  I can only surmise that AARP has a contract with Hello World! that they cannot get out of easily. That or someone is reluctant to admit the mistake in switching.

As far as I can remember, pretty much the only issue with Deluxe was with the auctions having tiers, and allowing for some people to fudge their way into lower tiers, using massive points totals to get what they wanted. AARP could have just eliminated Auctions, like they did anyway by switching to Hello World!.  If the contract with Deluxe wouldn't allow for that, AARP could have just made a recommendation to its members to not partake and explain why.

The additional sweepstakes entries are showing me that I have been spending too much time watching videos and taking quizzes, some over and over again, building up a points total that I may never need, due to lack of anything to spend them on. Shoot, I don't even need to spend points now for the Carnival gift cards I came here for in the first place. All I have to do is stay as a member.  

I will make a disclaimer, though, that I have learned quite a bit by taking quizzes and watching videos.  I have to keep reminding myself of that benefit.

I have noticed the number of gift cards you can redeem in September is down quite a bit. If this continues it doesn't look very good.

Regular Contributor

NM

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I agree this new program is not near as good as the old one.  They should have beta tested it prior to release for our use and not used us to run into all of the bugs, also it is tiresome to have to continually page thru the activities just to get to where you left off.  Perhaps it will improve over time and maybe the fun parts of the old program will be brought into this one (auctions, daily deal, sweeps for just a few points an entry).  

Regular Contributor

I agree 100% the new program sucks..What happen to carnival gift cards?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@RobertN525535  @pb44561298  @pw17101802  @nwbw10  @hg88943930   Thank you for your candid feedback.  We are utilizing users like you to improve the program as it gets off the ground.  This is a BETA site, we are not promoting this as we are allowing users who find it on their own and of course our rewards community users to kick the tires and help improve the experience.  We appreciate your feedback!

We will have the Carnival gift cards return but not until we are sure you will not experience issues.

We will update you in these forums when they are back.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

thank you for your reply..PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN YOU GET THE NEW TIRES ON AND CARNIVAL IS ROLLING AGAIN..

Contributor

agree
Regular Contributor

I, too, have found it to be very disappointing. It is the single biggest reason I pay for AARP! If this doesn't improve I will not be renewing. The site has disappointing rewards and doesn't even work to claim what they do have. They were planning this well enough ahead to have worked more of the bugs out.
Regular Contributor

Disappointed as well, only two points only gift cards and they are now gone
Periodic Contributor

Also disappointed, but hoping it's just a slow start building up to something as good as the rewards for good program

Periodic Contributor

I've pretty much given up on the new rewards program. I've signed up for the allstate rewards programs which seem to have all the benefits of the old rewards program that aarp had.

I'm not sure what the reasons were for the change or who made the decision, but i hope the organization realizes soon that alienating customers/members by removing the things they like is not a smart decision. This had not been a very good couple of weeks for aarp in the news and frankly that's another reason i most likely will not be back.

For those of you still waiting for this new rewards program, I sincerely hope they get it up and running for you.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Very disappointed as well.

Conversationalist

If you have watched videos for points, you will have noticed advertisements in the beginning of the videos. Obviously someone is making money everytime someone watches a video, however small the amount.  It adds up, though.

Trusted Contributor

I think there were far too many bugs at launch than there should've been for a system that has been worked on for several months. If I remember correctly, they announced the new AARP Rewards in May. It was supposed to launch in June or July, but got delayed. A couple months later, they launch a program that was so full of bugs, it didn't deserve the title of "Beta" that they gave it.

This new system ran by HelloWorld, Inc. is, in my opinion, far inferior to that ran by Deluxe Rewards, Ltd., who ran the old Rewards For Good site. I believe this is why we're seeing a new website with terrible navigation, no search feature for gift cards, and an overall bad user interface. I would also assume that it's HelloWorld, Inc. who limits the gift card purchases to 1-3 a month, but I could be wrong. Possibly because of lack of stock maybe?? If that's the case, then there's another reason they never should've switched from Deluxe Rewards, Ltd.

I agree with others that gift cards for small amounts like $1 or $4 off the face value of an already small gift card is a joke. Why would I go through the process of purchasing a gift card for a restaurant, for example, if it's only going to save me $1.00? The answer, I'm not, I'll just spend the dollar at the restaurant. Gift cards like that are practically insulting. Seems to me like they come from the new HelloWorld system.

I'm interested to know how AARP benefits from their rewards program, both Rewards For Good and now AARP Rewards. Was it merely an engine to drive traffic to their site/organization or do they actually get a piece of the gift card sales? Whatever it is, they do benefit somehow, because if they didn't, they wouldn't host such a program. The Carnival gift cards are an extremely popular product and are always in high demand. They have driven traffic to AARP for years. So why would you want to upset all of those buyers of these cards and risk chasing them away by limiting them to 1-3 a month. Anyone who buys those gift cards understands that a limit like that severely impedes their purpose. People pay off entire cruises over time with those gift cards and this new limit makes that extremely difficult. Again, if the limit is a direct result of the move to HelloWorld, Inc., and it chases away AARP customers, then I would think AARP would be eager to remedy that.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP