Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

Contributor

Re: Disappointed in the new rewards program

No Auctions and can win only one sweepstake a month.  Who would be happy with the changes?

Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Hey Andrew wanted to let you know that I finally got an issue of  "Women's Health" yesterday its the Jan/Feb combined issue so took 4+ months but receiving all ordered with points from R4G Yippee 

Take care & Thanks

Ginger  :  )

Bronze Conversationalist

@gm5271   Still waiting on my copies of Women's Health and Women's Day Magazines ordered in mid September.  Haven't gotten them yet but they sure did put me on their email lists.  Sometimes get multiple emails a day from Women's Health.  Also, get emails to get me to subscribe.(lol).  I wish they would just send me the ones I already subscribed to.

'

Retired Moderator

Hi @k380494p, to check on the status of your magazines please call Rewards for Good at: 1-800-217-1015. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPLauraM   Yes, I called and they told me it could take up to another 12 weeks.  Amazing.

Social Butterfly

@k380494p 

Hey wow

hope you get soon

I'm grateful I'm not getting any emails from them

Ginger :  ) 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger, 

It took a lot of calling the publisher and finally got Dec/Jan issues last week.  Took (6) months๐Ÿ˜ข

Glad you got yours, and hope all is well.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Hey Gem,

I'm glad you finally got it.  Some people are not getting what they ordered from Rewards for good from what I read.

Nice to hear from you.

Take care!

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Thanks Andrew

Appreciate your help and info.... always a blessing

Ginger :  ) 

Contributor

Besides myself I would love to know how many people ,are dissatisfied with the new rewards program its not gratifying at all

Periodic Contributor

I am discussed with this new program. It is a total waste of time.

Super Contributor

oh a few thousand i think

Periodic Contributor

I agree.  I miss the chances for the simple rewards of something I could use like a $5 gift card.  I am not interested in bluetooth pill organizers (who comes up with these ideas?), stock car racing,or another water bottle.  I have tried to use the initially free option to "win" a few of the daily or weekly prizes but the odds seem to be quite low.  I also feel like the few options to use points are focused on what they think old people need or want but frankly I don't feel like I fit into the preceived mold.

Trusted Contributor

I am also disappointed in the new rewards program.  There are many reasons that I am disappointed.  One reason is the "Filter By" to earn points.  The Themes are okay.  My problem is with the "Sort By" either Recommended or Point Value.  I keep having to page down to find videos or quizzes that I have not completed.  It gets old to page down and page down.  It would be great to have only the videos or quizzes that I have not completed come up first.  Or I would like to have additional filters. 

Also, after I finish a video or quiz, I have to click on Redeem, go back to that page and click on Earn, and then go through all the filters again.  Gets very old.  It would be nice to go back to what I had filtered before completing a quiz Instead of going through the whole process again.  It is really just a waste of time.

I also find the Rewards lacking.  I liked the old Auctions.  At least I had some chance of winning something.  Although I really objected to the tier policy on the old Rewards for Good.  I shouldn't have had to "pay" more for an auction only because I had "saved' points for quite a while. 

On the new program, showing all gift cards that you can buy, is not a Reward to me.  I am probably never going to win a Sweepstakes.  I haven't yet.  The items to spend your points on, such as a water bottle, do not interest me.  Therefore, only the Daily Instant Win, or perhaps the Weekly Instant Win, is of interest to me.  And some of the items on the Instant Win, are not for me especially if there is not a store in my area in which to use the gift card.  Other than the Instant Wins, I am wasting my time.  I may be learning a few things on the quizzes and videos, but that is probably it.  I hope some changes will be made to the new program.

Super Contributor

I agree totally with what you said

i have just given up on the new program 

Trusted Social Butterfly

AARP Rewards wasn't ready to be launched.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Contributor

ME! I'M DISAPPOINTED! 

So, disappointed. This new rewards program really sucks and is just a joke. 

A pitifully small catalog of rewards, especially in points only rewards, so-called "local deals" which are no better than the coupons that come all the time in the mail, Most of these "deals" require you to use points for discounts that you could get for free anyway. 

The selection of merchandise is puny and sad. Really? Does anybody really want or NEED another run of the mill water bottle or a pill organizer??? Oh boy, really excited about those!

No Daily Deals, no auctions with gift cards and other items that actually have value. No magazines of any kind including points only ones. 

Really AARP??? It's not even worth spending time trying to earn points if there's nothing to even spend them on. Whoever came up with this idea should be fired. You've let us all down.

Periodic Contributor

I totally agree.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

yes  new AARP REWARDS does suck 

Hello World is terrible and now they demand our phone numbers 

who might they distribute those to??

Periodic Contributor

I agree.

0 Kudos
Contributor

The only reward I can redeem is the Fitbit sweeps. I canโ€™t redeem nto the other sweepstakes, I canโ€™t redeem with points like the charging pad, and I canโ€™t even get any of the gift cards. Is there a problem with the redemption? 

Periodic Contributor

DISAPOINTED IS NOT THE WORD ; BEEN TELLING AARP THAT THE PROGRAM DOES NOT WORK WITH AOL GOLD ; AND THE 3,000,000 PEOPLE TRYING TO USE IT  ; NOONE EVEN RETURNS THE MESSAGES ; BETA WHO THE HELL USES A KNOWN PROBLEM SYSTEM TO START SOMETHING NEW...........FROM DAY 1 YOU CAN DO QUIZZES ; OR ANYTHING UP FRONT ; BUT ; WHEN YOU GO TO REWARDS AND "REDEEM" 1st THING IT TELLS YOU YOUR "BROWSER IS OUT OF DATE" AND GO TO CHROME ; WELL IS UP TO DATE AUTOMATICALLY AND UPDATED DAILY AND MY BROWSER IS "CHROME" ; AND GUESS WHAT I CAN DO THE "SWEEPSTAKES" ; NO PROBLEM ; BUT EVERYTIME I GO TO PICK FROM THE "ALLREWARDS" IT SENDS ME BACK TO THE "REWARDS STARTING PAGE" ; THEY DON'T KNOW TO FIX IT  ; PERIOD.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING PROBLEMS ??????????????????

Periodic Contributor

ALMOST 2 MONTHS STILL WILL NOT DO DAILY OR WEEKLY OR PICK ANYTHING IN REWARDS ; CAN DO GAMES ; AND QUIZZES ;AND PICK AND USE THE SWEEPSTAKES .....................

HELLO ; DOES ANYONE DOING THIS NEW SYSTEM ON THE I.T. END KNOW HOW TO FIX ANYTHING ?????????

AOL GOLD IS UP TO DATE ; GOOGLE IS UP TO DATE AND THE BROWSER ; AARP DOES RECONIZE ANY OF THIS GOING ON 2 MONTHS ; HELLO ; WHY DID THIS WORK IN THE OLD REWARDS AND NOT NOW .

AND IF I'M DOING SOMETHING TO NOT MAKE YOUR "NEW FANTASTIC SYSTEM" WORK TELL ME WHAT IT IS  ! I KNOW YOU CAN'T ; I CHANGED NOTHING !

Contributor

I am also disappointed in the new rewards program the only Sweepstake I've been able to enter is the Fitbit Sweepstake, I can't find or enter any of the otherones that are listed at the bottom of the Fitbit for the Rules.

I think this was done on purpose so that no one will win.

AARP Rewards you have to do better and better direction on where to find things.

Retired Community Manager

@kk3602 we appreciate your feedback. Please note that the catalog is not fully developed yet. We plan to add more redemption options, including point only magazine subscriptions! We appreciate your patience- stay tuned!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

When will they bring back the discounted gift cards?  Why did they take away just about all of the discounted giftcards?  It has been over a month since this "NEW AND IMPROVED" rewards program went into place.  The only improvement I'm seeing is AARP benefitting from this: taking away from the SENIORS and saving money from taking away the rewards we used to have.  

Periodic Contributor

Agreed. Used to be $5 discount on cards. I ended up getting paper printouts. I ordered actual cards. I understand about recycling so don't mind in the future but AARP Rewards needs to state that they will be printed out using our ink and paper. Sort of makes the $2 discount even less.
0 Kudos

I get free magazines with my Prime Amazon Account.  Never giving up Prime.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Thank you Briana and Teri (I wouldn't want your job right now!) I just found this little corner of the site....yes, I am disappointed---especially considering the months prior full of promises. But I will hang in there, because I have seen some small signs of progress, although I will hold onto most of my points until some worthwhile gift cards and merchandise become available. I will be watching! Just wish the rollout had been better---I think a lot of people will just get fed up and leave.

choochoochas
Contributor

I am disappointed as well, it is not user friendly.

Contributor

I don't know where the new rewards program resides, but I'm disappointed that I cannot find the old list of items I've purchased under the old program.  Why delete those?  Also I ordered 2 magazinesthat were zero points befor close of the program to use up some points, didn't receive a confirmation for one of them so don't know if it shows a having been ordered by me since there's no record online.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP