Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Private Messages Limited!!

Hello Rewards Warriors,

Sent (1) private message Ok, and tried to send a second private message to different member and it was blocked.

There's nothing in rules or terms and conditions stating there's a limit.  

Anyone else having this problem?

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Screenshot_20220226-044900.png

Spoiler

Trusted Social Butterfly

Two private messages within 5 minutes is too many🤔?  Stopped trying and created post when 2nd message displayed error.

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090   We do not have a limit, we do however stop messages if too many are sent in a small amount of time.  This is intentional to avoid users who might misuse this tool. 

Can you confirm this may have been the case, we want to insure you weren't have any other issues.  Thank you.  cc:  @AARPJanelleM 

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Haven't noticed a problem yet ?? you sent me 6 on 2/25/22 

the number Gail1 mentioned was for "Number of private messages per page" 

mine is set to 50 ?? did not see anything there about a limit  ??

Hopefully JanelleM can explain what the deal is ??🤔 🤔

lucyp061351
Honored Social Butterfly

Mine is set at 50 too - default.

But they might be counting ALL of them that aren't deleted - sent, responded and received 

who knows how long somebody might go without cleaning them out every once and awhile.

Edited to add:  Wonder how they count the PM Messenger number of "Friends" and "Ignors"?

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Honored Social Butterfly

@mi4090 

There is a setting for PM in "My Settings" under preferences.  See what number yours is showing and you can change it and then apply the change.

BTW - clean out any old ones you don't want to keep in all of the categories - sent, received, 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Thanks for posting this Marylin.  It sounds like you have been limited or the limit is too far too low.

I believe that at least 8 private messages would be appropriate.  Your friends can ignore them or delete them without reading them if they so choose.

AndrewToo
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP