Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Points total not displaying

For a few days now I have not been able to see my points total.  Recently the total was showing up in the top banner with my name, but even that is gone now.

Bronze Conversationalist

Points totals are back! I can see them in red in the header and in the black banner.

We're finally getting off the ground with this.

Wish us luck.

Stay well and enjoy!

Lynn

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Lynn, It would be wonderful if we didn't have to go " hither, thither, and yon to find workarounds".  New problems or errors almost daily, instead of fixes to make the program better.

I doubt if Hello World could keep up if the scoreboard failedSmiley Sad And it has with the Black Banner and Transaction History not working.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Conversationalist

@mi4090 wrote:

Hello Lynn, It would be wonderful if we didn't have to go " hither, thither, and yon to find workarounds".  New problems or errors almost daily, instead of fixes to make the program better.

I doubt if Hello World could keep up if the scoreboard failedSmiley Sad And it has with the Black Banner and Transaction History not working.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Right about now, I would gladly give up all the points I have right now to call a forfeit game and dump Hello World, and go back to Deluxe.  It has gotten to the point for me that I don't even feel up to complaining about any problems I encounter.  I just keep earning points, for some reason, and entering sweepstakes for anything other than something I can't use. 

I won't bother to purchase Carnival Gift Cards because they are eCards and you can only get $100 worth per month. That I don't have to use points to buy them means little to me.  I can use my Allstate points anytime to get $2500 worth at 10% off when I need them.  And I can get them in $500 increments. If I could convert the ecards to hard cards, I might be interested.  If only Carnival would do that!

I never imagined beta would go this long.

Bronze Conversationalist

This (below) is what I saw after I finished Earning points and logging in, again, and logging in, again (yes, twice because the Rewards wouldn't show up until I did).

I did get the black banner to show points for the first time this morning, but notice the red points in the header are not current. This is about as good as it gets with all that I have lost in settings for all things involved when I clear cookies and cache and log in repeatedly and refresh several times.

BTW - an observation: I now have more points than I accumulated in 5 years on AARP Rewards for Good.

Enjoy!

Points discrepancy 011820.JPG

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Lynn, I still have No last activity or points balance on black banner regardless of what I do.

Right, I have more points than I accumulated during entire R4G program.

We need more points only deals😴

It's good you can see something on the black info banner.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Conversationalist

Update:  Chrome is showing points in the top (red) banner, but it is not updating after earning more points for the last few days.  Still nothing in Safari.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @RussellP197074@ralmon 

I discovered the red banner on aarp.org shows Points balance about a month ago.  This will help in determining how many points are entered in Sweeps, but it would be great if black banner and Transaction History worked regardless of what browser you are using.

You can also view your current points balance by going to My Account.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@RussellP197074 

I've seen this a lot also. One way I consistently can get the number to update is to click the AARP icon in the upper left (basically going to AARP home page). There I see the Rewards number update to the current value.

Then I return to the Rewards page, using the link on the top banner of the home page. The Rewards page has been showing a corrected value for me that way.

Tell us if this also works for your browser (I've been using Chrome for the Rewards)

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@ralmon wrote:

@RussellP197074 

I've seen this a lot also. One way I consistently can get the number to update is to click the AARP icon in the upper left (basically going to AARP home page). There I see the Rewards number update to the current value.

Then I return to the Rewards page, using the link on the top banner of the home page. The Rewards page has been showing a corrected value for me that way.

Tell us if this also works for your browser (I've been using Chrome for the Rewards)

Cheers,

Ray

That seemed to work in Safari, but then a picture of the Jetsons took over the page.  tried it in Chrome and that did allow it to update on both pages when I went back to Rewards.

Went back to safari and shrank the sizing (Command -) and it got rid of the oversized Jetsons picture.  The correct points were there in the red banner.  Clicked on Rewards next to the points display and it took me to Rewards and displayed the correct points total.

Thanks.

Bronze Conversationalist

Gosh, Russell, Ray, and everybody!

Wouldn't it be great if we could just see the current, exact scores where they are intended to show anytime we have the screen up instead of having to go all over hither, thither, and yon to find workarounds to get them to appear some of the time?

I wonder what happens at major football games when the scoreboard dies. Do you think all the referies will keep the correct score in their heads in a stadium with 70,000 people in it? They'd better!

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I haven't been able to view information on black banner for (2) months and Transaction History since October 2019.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I did go to Chrome and the points were there a few days ago.  Now they aren't showing up in Chrome.  Fix one problem and two more pop up. At least that seems to be how it works.

@RussellP197074 wrote:

For a few days now I have not been able to see my points total.  Recently the total was showing up in the top banner with my name, but even that is gone now.

Bronze Conversationalist

I experience the same points malfunction.

This morning, I also noticed that my member redemption options had locked icons after I had gone through the earning exercises to get my points for the day. I hadn't logged out in the meantime, but those locked icons were there, nevertheless.

I went back to home and restarted from my Hi, Lynn and was finally able to see points in red in the upper banner for the first time this morning. (I don't trust those points as they can lag behind one or more points activities.) But the black banner was still taunting me with black banner. The padlock icons in the redemption area were unlocked.

In the past, I have tried clearing cache and cookies and relogging in from scratch, and the only thing that ensures is that I lose all settings that I enjoy for every other site that I visit and I have to reset all those. It provides no discernible improvement in AARP Rewards.

I'll just continue to tread water.

Enjoy!

Bronze Conversationalist

I, too, have been having the same problem.  Black banner doesn't show point balance.  I use Chrome and it has been that way for at least a month.  Cookies and cache have been cleared numerous times.  Also, whenever I attempt to see my Transaction History, I get the 'There was an error processing your request.  Please try again.' message. That has also been going on for at least a month.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @RussellP197074 

Russell, haven't had any black banner information for a month and constant Transaction History error message for (2) months.  @AARPConnieB cleared cookies & cache, used numerous devices, browsers including updating Chrome, sign out, log out and log back in and signed in to no avail....Help!Screenshot_2019-11-12-05-04-51.png

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

Retired Moderator

@mi4090 - I will continue to look into this for you.

Retired Moderator

Please try clearing your internet browser's cache and cookies then log in again. Also, AARP Rewards works best using Google Chrome. Thank you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP