Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Points for magazines

I was never very impressed with the old program but in an attempt to use my many points, about 30,000 if I recall, I subscribed to magazines in Sept.2019 and they have never started.  I called 866-451-6305 and was told they could refund what I paid for the magazines if I signed up for the new program.  I did.  Called back and Ken, just now, told me that is impossible and disconnected the call.  I was given the number for Good Housekeeping by the first representative and when I called them, Ace, told me my subscription had been cancelled in July, 2019.  When I told him it hadn't ever started he said it will with the February issue.  I seriously doubt that will happen and the points I spent on Better Homes and Gardens is down the drain, evidently.  

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPLaurenA   Thank you Lauren.  I will be calling the number you supplied this week.  I have two magazines that I ordered in mid September that I have not yet received.  However, both magazines HAVE put me on their email list and I receive emails (sometimes multiple per day) from them.  Some even asking me to subscribe.  I have the date and order number, so hopefully someone can help me.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

It's sad that paying members are treated this way.  Seems that the magazine subscription points were just lost for many who didn't constantly keep on top of the problem😢.

Is this what you get for years of accumulating points that went down the drain? 

Use them or lose them, but should have been told bypass magazines.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

I also think the Magazines for Points under the old Rewards for Good was a scam at the end.  When it was announced that the program would change I had way more points than I could use.  So I ordered about 8 magazine subscriptions.  I received the September and October isuues of those magazines but nothing since. I was amazed how quickly they started to come. But then they stopped.

I believe all those subscriptions were cancelled with the implementation of the the new AARP Rewards.  All of them, not just 1 or 2.  That doesn't seem to be a problem with just one magazine.  The common denominater is AARP subscriptions.  And they stopped with the end of the old program and the beginning of the new program.  Don't believe that was a coincidence.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@petercarole95 You can contact Rewards for Good at 1-800-217-1015 for questions regarding your magazine subscription.  They should be able to locate your order 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @petercarole95 

I won a points only (12,000 pts) daily deal on 6/1 for Elle magazine 12 month subscription.  After numerous calls to the publisher I got the December 2019 and January 2020 issues last week.  

Rewards Redemption number stated it takes (3) months to start, it took (6) months to get anything.

If you don't go through the trouble of calling the publisher and threatening them with BBB you want get anything.

This was a scam.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP