Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Contributor

Not getting points for steps.

I've just about had it with this site and the app and how it DOESN'T give me credit for steps like it is supposed to. I just checked my account for the first time in weeks and it has not given me points for steps since November 25 although I have had well over 10K steps every day. I've been told by administrators NOT to unsync/resync my app but that is the only thing that has worked in the past. If no one can provide a remedy I'm just going to give up on this frustrating rewards program.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I too have not earned a single point since syncing my fitbit.  Both apps show that they are synced.  I also get more than 10,000 steps every day and would sincerely like to get the reward points that have been promised.   AARP please advise.  This is very frustrating and my opinion of your program is dwindling fast.  I understand there can be glitches but I don't see anywhere that AARP has addressed this in any meaningful ways.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@MaryL970224 Hi Mary, thank you for taking the time to reach out. I see you synced your Fitbit to your Rewards account on Jan 6 but no fitness milestones have been recorded yet. Please double-check that your device has Bluetooth on and open the Fitbit app. If it didn't sync, try restarting your phone. If this does not resolve the syncing issue, please go to Fitbit Support for more help. You'll leave the AARP Help website and go to the Fitbit Support website. (Fitbit's terms, conditions, and policies apply)

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @jbear105 

A lot of members are frustrated with this program, it's horrible that you're not getting your points.

I won the Lord & Taylor Weekly Instant Win that wasn't valid, and have yet to receive the promised replacement.  Most the information I'm posting about the issue is being deleted by AARP.

If you ask a question that AARP doesn't like, information in your post is deleted and you don't receive your Rewards.  Customer Service via phone and Community administration is awful.  This no way to treat a paying member.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@jbear105 here to look more into this. From your account, I see that your wife is getting points for daily fitness activity. Does she also have a fitness device synced to AARP Rewards? Or could these be your points being directed to her profile? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

She has her own device, takes her own steps, and gets her own points.

Mine seems to work when I unsync/resync in the past for a couple days then stops. I was told by an admin NOT TO DO THAT.

Edit: I just checked the app and it is NOT synced. Again, is this something I have to re-sync every day, or every few days? Not sure this is worth the effort.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@jbear105 - I've added the missing points to your account which increased your balance to 31,000 points. We'll look into what's happening with your fitness points not calculating. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you. I don't think it's a "not calculating" problem but rather that the app does not stay synced with Apple Health. If the app is designed where it has to be synced every day, or even every few days, then it is worthless. Or at least more trouble than what it is worth.

Let me know what you find.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP