Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

No points for 10,000 step with fitbit

Did not received 10,000 steps for walking with fitbit again.

Missing steps for July 23,24 and 25.

Can you assist?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

hi, 

I have been receiving my fitbit points(for 5k and 10k steps) except for yesterday and today, not sure if there is a current problem on the AARP rewards side or if this is something else.

thank you 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Mimi7Jud Thank you for letting me know. I was able to adjust your points to add these missing milestones; I invite you to check your transaction history to confirm: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/transaction/

Regular Contributor

thank you @AARPJanelleM, you are awesome!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@Mimi7Jud You're welcome!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi,

My Fitbit says it is synced, but it's not working. I sent an email asking for help and was told to call. I called and the rep I spoke with had no idea what I was talking about. Can anyone at AARP help me with this?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Contributor

Same with me !!!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@m786223m Check out our troubleshooting steps for fitness trackers: https://aarp.info/3v19IpI I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@SeanF344128 Hi Sean, check out the troubleshooting steps for your specific device: https://help.aarp.org/s/article/fitness-tracker-missing-rewards

Once you reach a milestone, it can take up to 24 hours for the points to update. Here is the list of fitness milestones you can earn points on: https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/#sort-by=recommended&type=fitness-trackers&page=1

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Janelle,

Did not received my points for completing th he 10000 step yesterday on October 22.

Hope that there isn't a programming issue again

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

• As I mentioned I am missing points for 10k steps for Oct 22 and did not received points for 30 miles points for completing  this week achievement of another 150 points 
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf456 Got it. I was able to credit your account the missing points for the 10k steps on Oct 22. I see you were awarded the 30 mile achievement on Oct 24 for last week. Which week are you missing the points for the 30 mile achievement? 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I synced the Google Fit app (on my Samsung s10e phone) to my AARP app around Oct 10, 2021. It started out just fine for a few days, giving me the correct points for reaching step goals, but for a couple weeks now it has often skipped days, and doesn't always give me points when I reach 5K or 10k steps.  Anything you can do to help?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TonyH736175 Hi Tony! Please ensure your device is properly connected and syncing. Please let me know which accomplishments on which days you are missing points for and I will look into it for you. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks for responding, Janelle.  I'm not really worried about the missing points, so no need to follow up on that.

No one had responded to my initial post for a couple weeks, so I took it upon myself to see if I could fix the problem.  Here is what I did, and so far I've gotten the correct points for step goals, four days in a row now.  Still too early to tell for sure if it's fixed, but got my fingers crossed.

1) I clicked on the "Remove this Tracker" button to un-sync Google Fit from the AARP app, then I re-synced Google Fit with the AARP app.

2) I make sure to open and check my Google Fit app every day AFTER I have reached my step goal (5k or 10k steps).

3) I Make sure to open and check my AARP app every day as well.

It may have been any one of these 3 things that fixed the issue, but as I mentioned, still too early to tell if it's actually fixed.  I do know that I didn't always open up my Google Fit, or AARP apps everyday back when I was having problems, so maybe that was the issue.  Will keep you posted if I have anymore problems.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@TonyH736175 I'm glad you're now getting the correct points! Please keep me posted if any further problems arise. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Fitbit not working again. Missing points for 5 and 10k for July 26, July 31, and Aug 1. Also the 30 miles recap on Sunday

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf456 Got it. I was able to add those missing 1,050 points 🙂

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you Janelle for your help, however not sure if the fitbit program is working as again I didn't receive my 5 and 10k for yesterday steps.

I check my connection and see that I am connected

Can you check to see if there is a connection issue on your end.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf456 No problem! As previously stated, we are having an issue with the fitness devices syncing on AARP.org. Unfortunately the issue has not been resolved yet, but we are working to get this feature back up and running ASAP. 

300 points have been credited for those missing activities. I'm always here to help!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Janelle, Guess the fitbit fitness device hasn't  been resolved yet.

Missing points for 5 and 10K for 8/3, 8/6, 8/7, 8/8, 8/10 and 8/11.  Plus the 30 miles weekly update for last Sunday. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. I did get credit for steps on 8/4, 8/5 and 8/9.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf456  Thanks for letting me know. I added 3,600 points to your account for those accomplishments. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything further! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi Janelle,

It appears that the fitbit fitness device has been corrected as I have been receiving points for the past 4 days.

I am missing points that I has achieved for 5 and 10k for 8/17, 8/18, and 8/19. Also, the 30 miles recap for week of 8/15 and 8/22.

Thanks for your assistance 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf456 I'm glad it has been corrected! I was able to add those 1,200 points for you. You know where to find me if you have any further issues 😊 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf456 Thank you for taking the time to reach out! We have identified an issue with fitness devices syncing on AARP.org. This issue is a top priority and we are working to get it corrected as soon as possible. I have adjusted your AARP Rewards points balance to add those missing points for your 10k steps on July 23, 24 & 25. 450 points have been added for those 3 days. Please let me know if you notice anymore missing points 🙂

0 Kudos
Contributor

Has there been a fix for this issue yet? I get points very, very, randomly... occasionally. I walk 5,000-20,000 steps a day, but don't get points more often than I do. Not a big deal, but the points used to be consistent and drove me to the site more often to enter contests and such.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@ProfessorKShow Hi Kevin, this is a thread for an issue that occured with our Rewards program in 2021 and has since been resolved. If you are reaching milestones and not receiving the correct points, please follow our troubleshooting steps for your fitness tracker here: https://aarp.info/3v19IpI

0 Kudos
Contributor

Did that. AARP Now is connected properly. It just doesn't actually work like it used to.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Janelle,

Thank you for your assistance.

Besides  the points for the 10000 step. The 5000 steps were not rewarded either.Nor the achievement for the 30 milesin a week.

Can you look into this and reward the missing points.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kf456 Got it. I have credited the additional 600 missing points. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP