Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

No Longer Receiving Community Forum Alerts or Emails

Silver Conversationalist

No Longer Receiving Community Forum Alerts or Emails

For the past several months, I was receiving Community alerts and emails into my Spam Folder.   There was a fix to remedy this issue, and I was hoping to receive them into my Inbox instead.   After the fix, I am no longer receiving Community emails or alerts from this forum. 

I am wondering if there are other members who are no longer receiving the Community Forum notices??

JoLo49

Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoLo49  @mi4090  @gm5271  We are still digging to see what is causing this, while it appears to have fixed for some we see not all so will continue to work to get resolved for you users who are still experiencing this.  Thank you so much for your patience!

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri 

I am still not receiving the Community Forum alerts.  I checked all of my settings as recommended by @gm5271 and made sure all settings were selected to receive them.  Fortunately, I am receiving all other AARP emails.  Do you know if tech support is still trying to resolve this issue?  I've adapted to not receiving the alerts, however, it takes more effort to navigate the Community forum.  Also, it's been harder to find the more recent postings using the new format as the replies aren't always in chronological order by date.  Thank  you for all you do for our AARP Community.

JoLo49

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri 

It's been over 2 months, and I am still not receiving the Community Forum alerts.  Just wondering if tech support is still working on this issue.  I am receiving all other AARP emails.  Thanks for your help.

JoLo49

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

Hey JoLo

I've finally started getting most emails about posts & Kudos Some still showing up in my Spam so have check still 

This is what I had to do: 

Go to your personal settings and recheck/ select to receive emails of all your posts and such... mine got changed with updated community yours may have also

Also under every box we are writing our post in has ▶️ arrow with 'Additional options' IF you click it....its the same as old community had "EMAIL ME WHEN SOMEONE REPLIES" 

Can't say if takes both but had been doing check on posts received few in inbox but lots more once did the personal settings 

Hope this helps you cause it's certainly a blessing having most back like should be

Good luck Stay safe 

Ginger ;  )

PS: thought put screenshot after writing🤯🙃

Screenshot_20201212-174638_Samsung Internet.jpg

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, Ginger.  I checked my settings, and everything is checked to receive all emails.  I'll wait and see if I start getting the Community emails back.  I've adapted to not receiving them, but it would be nice to get them back, even if they go to SPAM. 

Jolene

Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @AARPTeri ,

I would even be satisfied to get the alerts back into my Spam.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 

I've again started finding Community email in my Spam folder. 

Community Kudos email is proof and also connected to Ace Badges and Status Ranking increases.  

If you don't receive these emails it's easier to remove badges and not upgrade Status Ranking.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Thanks for letting me know you are now receiving the Community emails in your Spam folder.  After the fix, I no longer receive the Community emails.  I much rather receive the emails in Spam than nothing at all.

It is so strange that we are all experiencing a different outcome to the fix.  Hope a "real" fix will be implemented soon.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 

I stopped receiving (post, kudos, email) before the fix.  It is strange how fix is affecting everyone in different way.

Hope you and @gm5271  (Ginger) start receiving even Spam soon.  Must say I only found (1) in Spam.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@JoLo49 

Hey JoLo

Noticed your new thread after already posted to other one... so I'm repeating myself

I'm in same place as you NO LONGER RECEIVING ANY COMMUNITY NOTIFICATIONS AT ALL (replies/kudos/posts) in Spam or anywhere

As you stated I'd rather get in spam than none at all  😞

Enjoy your week! 

Ginger ; ) 

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @gm5271 

Thanks for letting me know you're also not receiving the Community Alerts.  This fix made it even worse to not receive anything.

Hope a real fix will be done soon.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP