Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

New important information for AARP Rewards – Verification Required!

Community Manager
Community Manager

New important information for AARP Rewards – Verification Required!

We're always looking for ways to improve your online security.   Beginning soon, when you visit AARP Rewards, you will be prompted to secure your account by verifying your phone number.  This process will be required for participation moving forward. 

Users that are already registered with AARP Rewards will receive an email this afternoon to begin this process early if they choose to do so.   We love giving our active community an early heads up!  It's a simple process that only takes a moment — just be sure to have your phone on hand – click on this link and verify your account now – (https://secure.aarp.org/applications/user/programOptIn?promo=REWARDSUSER&ref=http://www.aarp.org/dis... 

Here are a couple tips:

• Remember to be logged in first
  • Use Chrome for the best experience 

Thank you,

AARPTeri
Super Contributor

how do you get manually verified

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@kb2064 Not yet. We will escalate your case to get you manually verified. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Never mind jodeer, I used a phone number, got tired of waiting. Thanks anyway.

Kathleen
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You said "However, if you do not have access to a phone, we can manually verify your account which may take 3-5 business days. Is this something you are interested in?"

Yes, you go ahead and do that, I don't work there.  Kathleen

Kathleen
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

what if we do not have a cell pjone??
Retired Moderator

@dv2286 You can use your landline to do this one-time only phone verification.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

It didn't want to accept my phone number. After numerous tries, it finally said the send was successful, but I didn't get a text. Instead, I suddenly got a phone call which I almost didn't pick up because of so many spam calls nowadays.

Well, now that the verification is done, how has anything changed? Is it supposed to ask my for my phone number each day on login? I haven't noticed any security based changes when I went to the Rewards today.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri   Hi Teri,

I got the verification email and tried to do the verification by phone.  I got the call back with the code, however, the code didn't work.  I tried multiples of times to input the code, so maybe the system to verify isn't operational yet.  I will wait a couple of days to try verifying again.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP