New important information for AARP Rewards – Verification Required!

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: New important information for AARP Rewards – Verification Required!

Message 41 of 68

Once I supply the code, there is no place on the page for me to "submit" the code. Am I missing something??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 68

Hello @gi253 

I meant, I'm unsure what being verifed does for security.  I never verified via a cell phone, I used my home phone and the code came via a call I believe and I then entered it.  I did verification when Community Managers first posted some time ago with no problems.  I never see an option to verify when logging in.

I was just stating that I don't see how the phone # verification will help with security, because a person could verify with a phone number and change it minutes later.

Sorry about the confusion.  Hope you had a great Christmas, and a Community Manager can help you.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 68

@mi4090 wrote:

Hello @gi253 

Unsure, what being verified, you can change your number minutes after verification.

Try clearing cookies & cache, then use a different browser.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

I don't have a clue what you're talking about, changing my #? I'm talking about the system to verify your identity during sign in for AARP Rewards that requires a 6 digit code that you receive in a text message. That code, once entered into the proper page does not work, regardless of the number of times I tried, cleared cache, etc. Tried 2 different browsers (Chrome is my go-to) this is the issue. 

No idea what your reply means. 

How anyone with very limited tech knowledge is supposed to manage this is beyond me.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 68

Hello @gi253 

Unsure, what being verified, you can change your number minutes after verification.

Try clearing cookies & cache, then use a different browser.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 68

The verification system is NOT working. You can enter your 6 digit code but the page goes nowhere! I just wasted an hour of my life before I finally googled and found this thread. Obviously, not well launched. Why not just use our logins? This is ridiculous. My bank didn't require this much trouble for online banking setup.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 68

@kb2064 Not yet. We will escalate your case to get you manually verified. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 68

@AARPMarilynC 

@AARPMarilynC wrote:

@kb2064The one-time verification is to protect and better secure your AARP Rewards account. You do not need to complete this verification to continue being an AARP member or to access your AARP.org account where you can still comment here in the Community, make changes to your AARP account and more -- but you do need to verify your account to continue with AARP Rewards, and a phone number is required to participate in the AARP Rewards program. A landline and a cell phone number both work. If landline, you'll receive a phone call. The phone number calling you will be random and will not be identified as AARP on caller ID. However, if you do not have access to a phone, we can manually verify your account which may take 3-5 business days. Is this something you are interested in?

Please know that we take your information privacy and security seriously. Your phone number will only be used to verify your identity and won’t be used for any other purposes. Combating fraud is one of AARP's top priorities. If you need help figuring out next steps from when your information has been compromised in other cases, you can reach out to the AARP Fraud Watch Helpline at 1-877-908-3360 to speak with trained volunteers. If you'd still like to cancel your AARP membership, I can take care of that for you, though we'd hate to see you go.

Hey this info you've posted here needs to be posted on other thread about verification A person has posted 5+times for help with verification if don't own phone

Please go there & help Thanks 

Merry Christmas 🎄

Ginger  ;  )

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 68

Am I manually verified yet?

Kathleen
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 68

Hello @CherylN939800 

That's a good question?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 68

You said "However, if you do not have access to a phone, we can manually verify your account which may take 3-5 business days. Is this something you are interested in?"

Yes, you go ahead and do that, I don't work there.  Kathleen

Kathleen
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors