Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

New AARP Rewards...does it work?

Anyone else having issues with this new program. Suspsedly I have pts but can not apply them to any contest as nothing displays. Are there setting issues...My rewards has a redbox BETA . Sent a msg but have not had any reply. Appreciate how others are doing with this new feature. Figure after three or four months of touting this change it would have come on line without any gliches.

Use Windows 10 Google browser able to sign into AARP . Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
Contributor

Worst website ever. EVERY day there are issues of not working or working so slow. I don't know why they post that little message of were are experiencing issues because it is a permanent problem

Honored Social Butterfly

Yeah, whenever the maintenance is lifted I sort of expect some 'magic' had been placed upon the place, but it's usually short-lived. It does get under your skin. 😧

Regular Contributor

Still not working for me no matter what I do.  I can't earn or redeem online or on my phone.  I called the Rewards Customer Service on Monday and was given a case number.  Hopefully they will figure it all out soon!  

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes it does work. It took a while. It only works in Chrome. It wouldn't work in Edge. I didn't have to update anything. Good luck.

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Sadly mi4090, that doesnt work for me either on any browser....

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Beckyb527 

Becky, this is such a sad thing not to be able to earn or redeem points at the very beginning of the new program.  I have (4) different browsers just for the AARP Rewards programs and sometimes still have problems.  

You would think with the New Program Manager's name "Hello World" they would have been ready for dealing large website issues.  AARPTeri stated she was adding folks to a list to get the problem resolved and would update everyone.  Hopefully, since it's the beginning of the week something can be done now.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @2Old2Slow , @Beckyb527 , @kathyh196086  & @db1753 

I had your same problem this morning with getting into site, it was acting as if I hadn't signed up yet & Refresh and all the problems all of you are having.  

I went to the Menu button and clicked Login, completed Login and I was able to get in.  Typed https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/ into a different window and I was on the Earn page.  Try that.

Have a Blessed Day,

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

STILL NOT WORKING- NO MATTER WHAT I TRY!  

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SITE!

Regular Contributor

I logged out on each open tab.  I closed those tabs and opened a new tab then logged back in.  That got me past that screen.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @b416308r 

I forgot to mention I had to login more than once.  Hooray!!! so glad you can start earning points at the beginning of the month.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @kathyh196086 

That is absolutely CRAZYSmiley Surprised

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I just posted a minute ago and now it's working. I'm using Edge and now I'm going to try Chrome. Let you know if works.

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

As of this morning, still not working for me using Edge or Chrome....

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Beckyb527 

Try clearing Cache, and download Firefox and try again.  Sorry you're having problems.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the tip @mi4090 but I have cleared the cache, logged in and out of each browser and into Edge, Chrome and Firefox and I continue to get the same error message. I was able to get started and get my intital points, I just can't earn or redeem any points on AARP Rewards....

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Beckyb527 

Becky, here's the direct link that brings up the Earn page

https://www.aarp.org/rewards/earn/

Is this the address you're showing?  Hopefully you can get help from Community Managers before day is over.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That's the link Marilyn @mi4090.  Apparently I am not the only one having this issue.  Terri @ AARP escalated the issue last week.  I can visit everything on the AARP site and AARP Rewards section except for Earn and Redeem. I can't see any way to earn points and I get this message on the EARN page: " An error occurred. Please refresh the page to try again." and this one on the REDEEM page: "Something went wrong; try again later" and this Redeem button is a very light shade of red.  It's very strange....

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Beckyb527 

Becky, it may be something going on with your login; Hopefully you are up and running very soon.  Members losing days of point earning opportunities before the end of the month reset.

Have a Blessed Day,

It's Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same tho same thing happening to me.  Nothing helps!  Very disappointed!

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kathyh196086  @2Old2Slow @Beckyb527   I have escalated these and hope to have an update for you soon!  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Any update @ AARPTeri?  Still not able to earn points!!

Thanks for your help!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Beckyb527 ,

Hate you still can't access the new Rewards program, call Customer Service at 1-866-451-6305 for help (M - F) 7a to 11p ET.

@AARPTeri can you help Becky with getting awarded her points in the Rewards program?  Thanks.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have to say when I log in the screen momentarily  does something like refreshing itself.  I assume it is looking for some kind of info on me and cannot find it.      Tried rewards from Iphone and Ipad and no go.   Two separate laptops.  Nothing.  Hope it gets fixed as my friends are bragging about winning gift cards and I can't even participate !!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @db1753 

DB, I just saw a post where someone updated their browser and site started working for them.  As for as winning anything goes, good luck.  You have a random opportunity to sink your points into a Daily & Weekly Instant Win once a day, and if you do win can't play again until the following month. Use your points on items of no interest to most members. Sad program for all the hype previous to launchSmiley Sad

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

I too am having the same problem. I've tried everything from updating my Info to clearing out my coach files, desktop and mobile page on my phone. It says that I have 28000 Reward Points. After I click the 2 boxes and continue, it says to refresh my browser. Nothing seems to work. I'm waiting to hear back from them and in the meantime I can't earn any points. 

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I'm not sure how it works but I have notified them. Each time I try to get started it says refresh the page and that doesn't work. I hope someone knows what to do. I hope you can use your phone

Concerned Member
0 Kudos
Contributor

Uh, no.  IMHO, AARP should have done something to bring the quality of it's website into the current decade before changing it's rewards program.  This site is (and has been in the 2yrs. I've been a member) glitchy, full of far too many banner ads for members (paid to be here), log in errors, & too long page loading times.

The "new" AARP rewards doesn't seem to be much different than the old program with the exception of the redemption page having everything just lumped together rather than any logical kind of organization.  The quizzes & things to earn points doesn't appear to have changed much including content (same old quizzes they may or may not have current/correct data).

If AARP doesn't show me some benefit to membership soon, I'll not be renewing membership.  I'd just rather not pay for the privilege of the aggravation to trying to use this site...

Periodic Contributor

Same problem I am having.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JudithR996105   Are you have the issue of not being able to get back to the AARP Rewards pages or are you having the issue with redeem points for a gift card, the site throws me to a page where it references "Get Started With AARP Rewards." I am unable to close the screen using the "X" and end up closing the entire site. I am an AARP member and received a "Welcome to AARP Rewards" email. 

I want to be sure that we are tracking these correctly.  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP