Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

New AARP Rewards...does it work?

Anyone else having issues with this new program. Suspsedly I have pts but can not apply them to any contest as nothing displays. Are there setting issues...My rewards has a redbox BETA . Sent a msg but have not had any reply. Appreciate how others are doing with this new feature. Figure after three or four months of touting this change it would have come on line without any gliches.

Use Windows 10 Google browser able to sign into AARP . Any ideas? Thanks

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I can log in andI have (almost) no trouble earning points but when I try to redeem points for a gift card, the site throws me to a page where it references "Get Started With AARP Rewards." I am unable to close the screen using the "X" and end up closing the entire site. I am an AARP member and received a "Welcome to AARP Rewards" email. What's up?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@neldat357771   We have determined that your issue logging in is due to an older browser that is not compatible.  You will need to update your browser to access our new AARP Rewards program.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @neldat357771 , @WendyM132292  & @al45009948 

Go ahead and click the "Get Started" button and you should get your Welcome Bonus.  Change the device you're using or the browser. Hope this helps.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@neldat357771   We have a few users experiencing something similar - we are working on a solution and I will post to this thread when we have an answer.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

AARP Rewards just launched and we're excited that you are here. However, we are working on resolving a few issues. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Maybe an general msg to the entire community advising there are start up issues would be prudent or beneficial to the members who are experiencing these problems but are not pc comfortable enough to pursue contact to resolve? Would be a nice touch , to reach out and say OPPS problem is ours not what you are doing?
Periodic Contributor

I’m having the same issues.  My husband can access his & eRn points, etc. with no problem.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

Periodic Contributor

Tried logging out and back in but the same notification popped up.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mariez64   I have added you to the esclation as well.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I am having the same issues!  I've logged in and out of my browser (using Chrome).   My AARP Rewards Page shows its in BETA mode.  Isn't that a test/off-linemode? Why can't I access the real deal?  I receive messages that tell me an error has occured and to reload the  page but again. nothing happens!! I've received my Welcome Aboard Points and newsletter points, I can see them, but nothing else!

Help!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Beckyb527  and @mariez64   Have you tried logging out and then back in to see if it resolves that way?  Please try and let me know.  The site does display beta to everyone at this time.

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

I've done that several times, even rebooted my computer and it still doesn't work!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Beckyb527   I will escalate this internally to see what is going on, so sorry for your inconvenience.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am unable to load the full site, it says "an error occurred please refresh the page to try again" but I am still having a problem. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@2Old2Slow   I would love to help you access the AARP Rewards.  It appears that you were able to register, can you access www.aarp.org/rewards/   Have you tried to return to that page?  What specifically happens?  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Same here. Says BETA and I cannot see or enter any of the sweepstakes. I see in red (at top) that I have points.. Agree, since all the hype I'd think this would be working well after launch. Or a week after.
Periodic Contributor

I do not get any displays of the points banner boxes..all are blank with only a pts cirlce displayed. I have refreshed, cleared cookies, signed out-back in...nothing helps. I get points display at the top AARP Rewards but no means to redeem.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@2Old2Slow   - We are working on a resolution for this issue - hang in there and I will post when we know if is resolved.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP