Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Missing PRINCESS CRUISES Gift Cards

I purchased 5 Princess Cruise gift cards and have not received them yet. It's been over 24 hours. Agents are giving me the run around and tell me to wait.

One agent told me it's not AARP's problem, but I need to check with my bank and Princess Cruises. This should not be correct at all. I already have a pending charge with my credit card.

The AARP website was extremely slow during check out and I haven't even received a confirmation email.

My colleague who purchased the same exact gift cards received them in less than 5 minutes.

I need to use the cards ASAP. Please help.

Community Concierge

@Feel I'm terribly sorry that you're experiencing this issue with your Rewards purchase. Your escalation is being handled by our designated team. Be sure to reach out to them directly using the phone # provided in the email they sent for any additional updates. I'm always here to help if there's anything further I can do!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

How long for a resolution? It shouldn't take that long just to send a few gift cards. The charge already posted to the credit card meaning it is no longer pending.

Community Concierge

@Feel The timeframe for the escalation to be resolved is 3 business days.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Just a question for you - have you already paid for the cruise you have selected?  With a credit card?

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I have not. I don't know if we would be able to pay with credit card and switch payment methods once we receive the gift cards.

Just hoping the prices don't increase when we finally do receive these gift cards that we ordered.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Another agent told me there was a "technical error" with my order and they had to escalate the issue to a technical team.

As a work around, I requested for the purchase to be canceled and I would re-purchase immediately hoping the new order would be fulfilled instantly, as others have experienced, and that request was also denied.

So unfortunate.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Why can you buy 25 gift cards for Carnival (parent company) and only 5 for Princess Cruises. What is the logic of one being premium and one not.

I bought Princess gift cards recently and they came in my email the same day.

Karyn
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No idea, but lucky you. I don't understand why there are so many different experiences as far as delivery time.

On top of that, customer service doesn't even look up the orders to confirm they were made. I never received an email confirmation following my purchase, just received a charge on my card.

They default to saying wait 24 hours. After waiting 24 hours, they will say wait another 3+ business days for a resolution.

Conversationalist

You may end up having to dispute the charge on your credit card. Very frustrating because you'll loose that 10% bonus of buying the gift card.

Karyn
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Did you need to dispute the charge? You never received your gift cards?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP