Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Losing my Login between screens?

One of my base issues in the operation of AARP Rewards seems to be linked to losing - or causing me to lose - my login anytime I refresh or click a link. Clearing my cookies seemed to have no effect on any of it, other than to make matters worse in general, since I lost my cookies.

For those who enjoy reading novels just for the thrill of reading thick books, read my details from yesterday's activities:

On the AARP home page, I had to log in to see anything in the header.

The red numbers showed up after I logged in.

When I clicked AARP Rewards, it took me to the AARP Rewards page, but I saw no information about my points in the black banner or the header.

When I clicked the hamburger icon (≡) in the upper left, the top of the slide-out menu showed Register | Login.

When I logged in, again, I could see my points in the header, but still not in the black banner.

I did the Earn exercises until they gave me no more points. I went to the top of the page and refreshed the screen, which showed me Maxed Out Like A Pro. Again, the header had nothing besides the hamburger, AARP logo, and the search icon. The black banner showed no points in my balance.

I clicked Redeem to go celebrate my accomplishments and clicked All Rewards to take a closer look.

All the Members Only items showed a locked padlock icon. The system had evidently misplaced my login, again.

I went to McDonald’s, again (the hamburger icon) and logged in, again. The system took me directly to the AARP home page, where my points were showing in red in the header.

I clicked AARP Rewards to go back there. Again, the AARP Rewards page had nothing indicating points in the header and the black banner showed no points, either.

I went back to McDonald’s and logged in, again.

This time, my login took me back to the Rewards page, but showed only my original points balance in the header and no points in the black banner.

I clicked Redeem and the points balance in the header disappeared with no change to the black banner.

I clicked All Rewards and all Members Only items were locked, again or still.

I went down the list of items just looking for the sweepstakes of choice for the day and entering them.

I refreshed the screen with no points showing in the header and no points showing in the black banner.

I went back to McDonald’s and logged in, again, from the left, slide-in menu. This time, that took me back to the AARP home page and the header evidently showed the correct and current points for AARP Rewards. I know not to trust that number, as it is just as likely wrong as it has been for months.

I clicked AARP Rewards and got the same AARP Rewards page as before with no points showing in the header or in the black banner.

I clicked Transaction History to see if it would show my redemption values. I got the message, “There was an error processing your request. Try again.” But, my points did show up in red in the header. Still no change in the black banner, though.

I clicked Show Only and then Redemptions, which showed the list of redemptions, including the sweepstakes I had just entered.

From there, I went to my Hi, Lynn, drop-down menu and clicked Community.

After not seeing any posts of interest and not thinking of any to start, I logged out and closed my browser.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

This morning, I started AARP and noticed that my points were showing in the header in red, but everything else about the page indicated that I wasn't logged in.

Without logging in, I right-clicked the AARP Rewards with my red point balance in the header and chose to open the information in a new tab, as I usually do, to see what would pop up. The new tab showed that I was logged in. I continued to use the right-click and open in new tabs for the rest of my morning's activities, as usual.

I still wonder how I can see points in the header, accurate or not, while the system thinks I am not logged in. The black banner remains as useless as ever.

The program is evidently holding onto some of my information. It even keeps my login active, but it just doesn't show me that until I use my workaround.

Friday the 13th came on a Thursday this month, and today's the day! --shades of POGO

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @Brightpool 

Lynn, that has happened to me on various occasions, and of course everything is random.

Something new and exciting to look forward to everyday.

Didn't forget the Daily Deal todaySmiley Happy

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Update:

I have wondered why the system can lose my login between screens or with refreshing the screen or invoking Transaction History, but it can still track and award my points or deduct my redemptions, even though I'm not shown as being logged in by then.

Hmmmmmm.

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Lynn, what a good question with everyone having to go through the verification process.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

Bronze Conversationalist

Update:

I found out this morning that if I make sure AARP Rewards already shows me as being logged in, I can right-click the red rewards points in the header and open the link in a new tab. When I do that, I keep my login in the new tab, for whatever good that does me. The red points are still unreliable, the black banner still scoffs, and as likely as not, Transaction History won't show anything but redeem activities, and that's only when I coax it out just right.

But, at least, I don't lose my login.

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Lynn, it's great you found a work around for the login issue.  Just happened once for me.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Brightpool 

Lynn it's some new issue almost everyday.  My method for viewing points is still working, but black banner is useless.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP