Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Conversationalist

Issues with new Rewards Community board

@AARPTeri 

1) In a New Message,  When I @ someone's name and select from the drop down box, I get transferred to the person's profile. That is annoying mainly because anything I typed up to then is lost. Luckily, there is sometimes a popup when this happens that asks if I want to leave the page.

2) It appears that there is no way to see more messages beyond the first page. I was looking for the last PROMO code message, and had to use the search feature. That most recent message is allegedly in the GENERAL section, but not on the first page. Tried 2 browsers (Firefox and Chrome).

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Social Butterfly

@ralmon @mi4090 

Ray & Marylin 

I'm honestly lost trying to follow all the forums 

BUT 

Have a suggestion if your trying to find a post you wrote you can click on your avatar name it'll take you to your info which lists your posts - This will also work if searching for someone else's posts too 

Good luck 

Merry Christmas 

Ginger  :  ) 

Trusted Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Ginger, thanks I was searching for the lost ones.

Happy Holidays

Marylin

Conversationalist

Hey @gm5271 

that is an excellent suggestion! A great way to kind of backdoor the way into an old thread.

Since we have these new-fangled posting sections, why not compose a Tip for that new AARP Rewards Tips section? That section is in dire need of some useful Tips.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year

Cheers,

Ray

Conversationalist

Aha! I see what's happening here, @sandy 

I was wondering about the lack of complaining the last few days. People seem to be posting on the old General pages, not in the new General section.

The old pages: https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/bd-p/AARPRewards

The new General section: https://community.aarp.org/t5/General/bd-p/General

AARP take note that there will need to be some URL redirecting done. I would suggest providing the old link as yet another section called General-Archive, and make it read only, assuming you insist on the new 4 or so Rewards section format.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, I'm only seeing the new General.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Hey there Marylin,

if you click on the link to the old General in my previous post, you'll see you somehow managed to post in the old section. Do you have it bookmarked?

It's possible more people have it bookmarked and haven't even seen the new General yet. It's been pretty quiet over here. I almost thought people abandoned AARP - lol.

That's why I suggested that AARP add yet another section "Rewards-Archive", or something, and link the old one to it, so people without bookmarks (like me) can see the old one too.

In other news, I decided to call it a year and took vacation for the rest of the week. Company shuts down next 2 weeks, so my year is done - Yay! Sleep! Catchup on queued up videos!

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, I clicked your link for New General and got the same page I'm replying to your post on.

Are all my replies to threads going to Old General?

Have a great vacation and Happy Holidays.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@mi4090 

Marylin,

no your replies here are in the New General. You have many postings in the Old General, for instance the Promo codes are in the Old General.

Lol, I had 2 promo emails and didn't see your usual postings, so I posted in the Earn-Activities section. Yesterday, I finally realized people were still somehow posting to the old General. There I found your Promo postings as well, along with all the problems of the last one (8, eight, EIGHT yikes!!)

Honestly, I'm not sure what's going on anymore. There needs to be a consistent way to get to all the sections. Maybe Santa will bring us a present of consistency. Hey Santa! We've all been nice, so whatdya say?

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray went to update Promo thread ànd saw about 5 post on New General.  Performed search for my post and updated, it appeared in New and wasn't locked.

@andrewtoo (Andrew) just posted a link to Old with my Promo codes post locked, if locked how are members replying?  What's going on😮

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@ralmon 

Ray, I was having the issue, but only using my desktop.  Not happening on phone or tablet   Hope a fix is on the way.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ralmon , thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I also just realized that I've never clicked on the icon for the person I'm @ mentioning.  Clicking on the person's name and not the icon will result in the action you desire, putting the correct mention in your message.  As you already know, clicking the icon next to the person username does result in a message popping up and asking if you want to leave the page.  I'm sharing your feedback with the appropriate teams, but please understand this is a standard feature of the product. It's this same way across the AARP Online Community.

Sandy 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@sandy 

Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I never expected a dual function when I'm trying to @ someone while composing a message. Now I see there is a link shown at the bottom of the screen when I happen to hover over the left icon.

What threw me was that the name was added to my message, but there never was warning about leaving the page. I had already typed half a line more by the time the page suddenly went to a profile.

I'll pay better attention to that in the future, for sure Smiley Wink

Cheers,

Ray

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP