Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Is there an easy way to find out about the reward program?

Periodic Contributor

Is there an easy way to find out about the reward program?

Help!  A friend of mine told me about the rewards program today.  I signed up for it on the AARP site, but I'm overwhelmed.  For example, my friend told me that I could get points by exercising and by doing crossword puzzles.  I have seen nothing that relates to either of these, and frankly, I'm losing patience because I've already been to five different rewards pages and can't seem to get an overview of how the program works.  Not even the FAQ is helping.  This all seems unnecessarily confusing.  Can anyone help make it easier?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@JanetK59932 Enable your Private Messaging and I’d be happy to walk you through it.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Linda.  I got on the Chat feature and asked them how I could enable private messages, and here's what I was told (below).  The ladies I chatted with seemed super sweet, but I have to admit that this whole experience wasn't what I expected.  I thought the system would be more straightforward, particularly for someone who works on a PC all day like me.  Thank you for your offer to help though.

"I am sorry Janet, I do not believe there is a way to do that. It is a Community Forum. All of the information posted there is to be accessible to the 'Community'."

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@JanetK59932 Maybe they didn’t understand you in the chat session. I found in the Technology Forum that @sandy (a Community Manager) stated that your Private Messaging is not enabled for a little while when you first become an AARP member. Did you try the Rewards program?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thank you so much for the tips, Linda.  I have been playing around with the Rewards section of the website, and I understand now basically how it all works.  (I still am not able to get to a page that enables private messaging though!)  I think I'll probably get more comfortable each time I get on the page.  I appreciate your getting involved to help me.

Periodic Contributor

I can't figure out how to enable private messaging either!  I've been to several different pages.  Can you help with that too?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JanetK59932  Hi Janet, welcome to AARP Rewards! To enable private messages, please ensure you are logged in. Then click "My Settings" on the upper right corner of the screen, then click the red "Preferences" option, then click "Private Messenger" to access the inbox settings to turn on private messages. This link should take you to those settings if you are already logged in: https://community.aarp.org/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences%3Aprivate-messenger I'm always here to help, please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Janelle.  When I tried to find the page you're referring to or click on the link you sent, I get to a Preferences page, but it only asks me for time zone, language, and a couple of other things that deal with getting emails from AARP.  Nothing shows up that mentions allowing private messages.  I probably won't be using that option much anyway, so I guess I won't worry about it.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JanetK59932 When you're on that screen with the timezone settings, just above the timezone option to the right, you should have a sub menu that shows "Private Messenger". Click "Private Messenger" to be taken to the Private Messenger settings to turn on private messages if you'd like. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi, Janelle.  I looked on the page you mentioned today, and suddenly--the private message option is there!  Thank you for your help in getting this worked out.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JanetK59932 Wonderful! You are most welcome 🙂

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@JanetK59932 

On your AARP page click on the Main Menu in the upper left hand corner. Scroll down to AARP Rewards, click on it. Once you get there scroll over to ‘earn’, click on that. Scroll down for multiple point earning options. Choose one by clicking on it. Once completed click on the circle with the check mark. You can earn up to 7,500 points per day. Let me know if that works and then I can tell you more about the program.

As for your Private Messaging, something must be disabled. @AARPTeri  or someone should be able to help you tomorrow.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP