Re: How are you staying connected?

Message 1 of 58

Facebook

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

Message 2 of 58

My husband and I are walking all the cul-de-sacs in our neighborhood develop. We stop at the houses we know and use our cellphone to tell those that we are outside their house. They usually come to the door and wave at us . We then ask how they are and if they need anything. Often we will leave little gifts and/or cards we know it is a special day for them.   MarianneTrovato  Bensalem, Pa 19020

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 3 of 58

Never been big on texting, but I have found myself keeping in touch with family, friends and community and social media. 

I am also having therapy appointments by phone.

I have been doing grocery shopping for my 87 year old Mother, want to try and keep her well. 

For myself, I have been trying to take a short walk every morning. This is just to help keep my sanity in tact. Lol

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 4 of 58

I have been going through old correspondence and writing to people I have not heard from for a while or those who do not have social media.  I have also been finding old photos, snapping them on my phone and sharing on Facebook or sending by message. I have also tried to get more organized, which is not going as well as hoped.  I did get peas planted and a new raspberry bush.  I asked my mortgage company for a Forbearance and was surprised that I did not have to do any paperwork for them to take 3 months payments, and tag them onto the end of the mortgage loan.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 5 of 58

I am going through old pictures, catching up on paper work, Did a gab and grab with my tax man. (Drop papers off and talk on phone about them.) I am staying connected to friends and family through social media...Twitter mainly. Cleaning closets, garage and doing yard work. Busy

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 6 of 58
  • I am an Adjunct at a college and our classes went to 'online' for the last month.  WebEx is used for weekly classes.
  • Last week had a Saturday Zoom Happy Hour (actually was 3 hours) with ladies who I haven seen for last few years!  Was great catching up!  Next week Happy Hour will be for 4 hours!
  • I'm also an active volunteer at my community.... we are using Zoom for our meetings.  Texting and emails are a norm as well.
  • Technology .... at its best!  Tools of the trade !
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 7 of 58

SMS texting, what's up, facetime, emailing, houseparty, facebook, twitter, etc.; in other words, there is no excuse for not keeping connected.

Highlighted

Message 8 of 58

I call my two of sisters on Sunday afternoons and connect with my brother and one Omer sister on FB

Highlighted

Message 9 of 58

Video chat and sending messages or useful information / videos, using WhatsApp. Telephone or email those who do not use WhatsApp. Finally, we can still write and send letters to those who do not have a phone or internet.

This is also a great time to catch up reading topics, watching movies or soap operas that you are interested in, using the internet. I can also get news from different parts of the world on the internet.

During this Coronavirus pandemic, lockdown will really be miserable without internet.

Highlighted

Message 10 of 58

Video chat and sending messages or useful information / videos, using WhatsApp. Telephone or email those who do not use WhatsApp. Finally, we can still write and send letters to those who do not have a phone or internet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.