Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 50

@mi4090 

Glad to see one of your posts and know you're okay.   We are continuing to stay in except for once a week grocery trek complete with gloves.    Washed all our clothes and shoes after last week's and sanitized groceries.   Watched that online video about that and then sanitized some more.

@gm5271  Are you doing okay?   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 50

Hello Jolene,

I'm in Tennessee, we're on stay at home order.   Have brother in California still working for railroad. Stay safe😉

Have a Blessed & Safe Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 50

@Brightpool 

Lynn, I'll take a look at Health forum.  Stay Safe.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 50

@mi4090  Thank God that test was negative!   I share your worry about our health care professionals.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 50

Hello @HokiePoq 

Yes, it's my granddaughter and Nashville test came back on patient as Negative.  I'm very worried about her working in the medical field during this pandemic.

It's a blessing that the 90 yr old senior in WA recovered and she brings hope to all seniors who most vunerable.  Be SAFESmiley Happy

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 50

See more of my comments and from others about COVID-19 under Health.

Mine are in Health Forums > Healthy Living > Covid-19 Treatments and Recoveries.

Stay well.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 50

@mi4090 Is this your granddaughter, a medical professional in TN?

Or is this something from FB or an email?

If your granddaughter I know this is a terrible worry.   Our daughter in law is a doctor and I worry for her and their family by extension.   Prayers for all our medical professionals and first responders.

Just saw a report on the news of a 90 year old lady in WA state who has recovered!  She'd been in that nursing home for rehab after a stroke and caught the virus.   Remarkable recovery from both the stroke (when the family first thought they'd lose her) and the virus!   Strong lady who can give everyone hope.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 50

Hello Rewards Warriors,

ALERT!!

My granddaughter is a Medical Assistant in the largest medical group in my state and they have no face mask or hand sanitatizers.  Their clinic has to ask all patients if they've traveled out of the country, do you have fever, chest pains and shortness of breath. 

No disrespect intended but Monday she told me an Asian woman came in coughing, sneezing and sweating, she answered NO to all of questions above and was placed in an exam room where she was asked the same questions again by a nurse.  At this point, she stated that she had just returned from China and had all the symptons of COVID-19.  The office immediately called the health department and CDC, health department came and gave her the test to be sent to Nashville for testing and the results would be back on Thursday. 

The medical staff was supposed to be tested themselves on Wednesday, and upon my granddaughter & other staff arriving to work their temperature was taken and told if you have no symptons there's no need for test.  I've seen on the news that it can take up to (5) days for symptons of Corona virus to appear.  She has two year old twins (my greatgrands) and I'm praying that they will be OK.  She told me Friday that the clinic got the lady's results and it was NegativeSmiley Happy

I think that all medical personnel should have protection and be tested first before being allowed to encounter patients.  What do you think?

Also, there are many reports on Facebook from medical staff here that large numbers of people are caughting Corona virus from touching gas pumps and advising all friends and family to use paper towels, tissues or gloves to pump your gas and dispose of the item before re-entering your vehicle.

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 50

@Brightpool 

Hello Lynn,

So sorry to hear about the earthquakes on top of the corona virusSmiley Sad  I hope everyone is OK and you get your power back soon.

Nothing has changed here but the diagnosing of more positive COVID-19 cases, more things closing and special hours for seniors.  But the young folks act like business as usual.

I haven't been out of my house in (6) days now, but I'm going out next week for a grocery, gasoline and shopping run.

Thanks for letting me know and be safeSmiley Happy

Have a Blessed & Safe Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 50

Went to a Kroger today, got there right before they opened at 7am. There were about 25 people waiting to get in. No social distancing there, and one lady was actively coughing, into her hand no less.

I went for the hand baskets at the register rather than deal with this tense group. Produce was fully stocked. Got my jalapenos and minced garlic with absoutely no one else in the section. Meat was virtually empty, although they were still stocking some frozen items.

No toilet paper at all, not that I needed any right now. Probably I'll just order online when the time comes.

Eggs were almost gone. Maybe about 5 doz large, and perhaps 20 or so doz of medium. Limit 2 doz.

I didn't check the milk but cereal aisle was pretty depleted.

Coffee, candy, chips, maybe snacks in general, were all fully stocked. And there was a palette of Ozarka water near the entrance. Limit of 2.

I read that Walmart will do Tuesday senior hour, one hour before opening to public, beginning March 24. I don't have the details about it, though. Some places define senior as 65 +

In other news, I understand an Apartment manager here tested positive, so the darned virus may now be on the premise. It's unclear who might have interacted with her, but management handling of the situation is a little questionable so far. No notice about it, no attempts to clean the office area, etc. I hope we know more by the time rent is due. I'm on the opposite side of the complex, so I'll keep my distance.

Cheers y'all, stay alert, stay strong. Don't forget to eat healthy.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit