Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: How Is Your Area Handling the Corona Virus?

Message 11 of 45

Schools closed for rest of year.  Restraunts have gone to take out, online church services, grocery stores have tape on the floor on where to stand

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 45

@gm5271 

Hello Ginger,

I'm doing the same thing as @HokiePoq with produce, sanitizing the outside of all packaging on meats, canned foods, bread, etc.  This took a long time, cause I shopped for a month.  I refilled my meds for (3) months, to limit my time around others in grocery stores not practicing social distanting😢

Glad you got your delivery, you're well, and you completed your grocery run😉. I miss being able to visit with my family too, for my safety.  We talk just about everyday, and I'm talking to relatives all over the country due to Stay Home order.

I too Thank all  medical, pharmaceutical, transportation, first responders and retailers, etc🏆🏆

Keep in contact, hope family is well.

Have a Blessed & Safe Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 45

@gm5271 

Glad to know you're okay!  

The videos I've seen were on Facebook but I imagine they are also elsewhere.   

What I did with the loaf of bread was wipe down the outside with a clorox wipe.   II did that with most things we bought last time.   I soaked the oranges in a diluted clorox solution.   My mother did this with all produce when I was a girl.....guess she was ahead of her time.

I think it must be much more difficult doing all this alone.  I think people consider the family/persons who live with them as already in contact, so no extra precautions unless someone would get sick.    You're not Debby Downer.   Feel free to commisserate with the rest of us anytime.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 45

@HokiePoq 

Hey Hokie thanks for checking on me ♡

I've wanted reply but afraid I'll be a "debby downer "

Anyway

I'm doing okay

Earlier in week I needed few things from grocery store... asked kids for thoughts about going they felt best me not go so my DIL went got stuff for me and put on my porch

Was strange although I'm grateful got see & chat with my granddaughter through glass.... kids don't wanna risk spreading something to me so I've only seen at distance since bday party over 2 weeks ago....I miss hugs

I had another errand had do Friday wore gloves to touch debit machine & doors and such

I'd read your post about what y'all done after trip to grocery store & that you cleaned groceries??? I've not done that nor understand?? Certainly don't wish spray/ treat my loaf of bread.... can you explain? 

I tried find videos you mentioned about cleaning couldn't find 😞  are they on AARP? plus I've read things online

Like using paper towels to dry hands not towels and cleaning used/touched areas....its all been bit freaky and upsetting but came to conclusion those things weren't necessary for me since me and my pets only ones been in my home over month ago .... at least that's my thinking I've always washed my hands alot and go through many cloth hand towels 

I took my clothes wore Friday off & washed my loads yesterday but don't really understand about treating shoes I sprayed Lysol spray on them....1 DIL said using lots Lysol and actually needs some & none can be found well I keep cans in every room always have so I have overstock buy at Sam's told she can come get .... maybe I'm wrong if so correct me but I'm just doing things as usually do when I'm at home...I assume maybe the difference if living with someone???

At times the fears are overwhelming that I &/or loved ones not making through this....with predictions of 81% USA getting sick... I'm high risk between my health issues and my life choices (smoking & Coca-cola).... its in God's hands "Que Sera,Sera" Whatever will be, will be (have had Alexa play this for me by Doris Day) 

Our governor did "Stay at home"order Friday for at least 30 days.... so all hair salons have to close have My usual (20+years) 6 week appointment of color and highlights April 1st so reckon I'll just be going grey for my 62nd birthday... way mine grows if goes on for months guess I'll make a change to shorter grey hair then go pink which works better on grey or blonde although lots times I've had pink highlights on my brown hair.... it'll be groovy having better noticed pink hair 

I've noticed bit less traffic, expect see lots less come Monday order takes affect

My sons are still working & my DIL told me he comes home takes off clothes and takes shower... they've been working on control systems in hospitals .... their blessed still have job Lots thoughts about folks (medical, retail, restaurants take out & etc.) putting lives on line to help others ....its sad to read stories about losses of those brave souls.

I was in retail management for most of my life.... to think of these circumstances to work in.Wow.... Walmart and others doing best to be there and protect employees at same time..... I'm due to have pickup my Blood pressure meds Tuesday guess I'll witness the changes read about & just share my gratitude & thanks to workers when I go 

Well enough rambling on I've written a book 

Again thanks for asking

& glad y'all doing okay

& glad your doing okay Marylin @mi4090 

Just doing best take one day at time and not get overwhelmed with info and grateful for old TV shows escape with in evenings 

Take care everyone Be safe and blessed Hopefully things will improve soon 

Ginger  :  )

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 45

@HokiePoq 

Glad to know you and family are well and completed your weekly grocery run.  I did a monthly grocery run and also had a bag of gloves, sanitizer and face mask.  Had to go to (4) different grocery stores to get everything, and all were very crowded.

I washed clothes, shoes and sanitized all groceries.  I don't plan on going back out for weeks.  Exercising and getting my 10,000 plus steps per day to keep busy.  Stay safe😇

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 45

@mi4090 

Glad to see one of your posts and know you're okay.   We are continuing to stay in except for once a week grocery trek complete with gloves.    Washed all our clothes and shoes after last week's and sanitized groceries.   Watched that online video about that and then sanitized some more.

@gm5271  Are you doing okay?   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 45

Hello Jolene,

I'm in Tennessee, we're on stay at home order.   Have brother in California still working for railroad. Stay safe😉

Have a Blessed & Safe Day,

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 45

@Brightpool 

Lynn, I'll take a look at Health forum.  Stay Safe.

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 45

@mi4090  Thank God that test was negative!   I share your worry about our health care professionals.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 45

Hello @HokiePoq 

Yes, it's my granddaughter and Nashville test came back on patient as Negative.  I'm very worried about her working in the medical field during this pandemic.

It's a blessing that the 90 yr old senior in WA recovered and she brings hope to all seniors who most vunerable.  Be SAFESmiley Happy

Marylin

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors