Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

HAS ANYONE WON A SWEEPSTAKES

I have been a member for a long time and have been in the reward program since it started. I am always redeeming my points for the sweepstakes but never win.  I truly understand there are thousands of AARP members but I just want to see if anyone has actually won.  

Maybe I just have bad luck.

Thank you,

Contributor

I won Feb. 2021, I fill out the tax form they sent right away. They said they got it. Three months later still heard nothing from HelloWorld (the ones who handle the sweepstakes) so I called AARP and they got hold of HelloWorld and I had my $1000. check in about 3 weeks. 

I win the small giveaways every 5-6 months.  

Periodic Contributor

Glad I found this forum. I’ve been a member for 5 1/2 years and play daily, but am yet to win anything. I earn and spend but never win. 

I wondered the same!  I appreciate the replies here.  I'll keep trying!

Trusted Contributor

I have been a member since 1999 and have never won a sweepstakes!!!

Contributor

AARP does not seem to pay off on the big money sweepstakes -- like $1,000 or $1,500.

Contributor

Where is the list of names that people won?  AARP only have to use the first name with the last name initial so other AARP member can see that these are legitimate sweepstakes.

Community Concierge

@hb3242 Check out that winner list here: https://winlists.helloworld.com/245438_SW.pdf

Regular Contributor

Yes, I won the fire pit back in the spring.

Regular Social Butterfly

Hi, Anna!

There is another discussion some may find interesting: What are the odds that someone could win any monthly contest here, let alone TWICE in the SAME month (will open in new tab).

You'll read I finally won after online membership since 2009.

Winning may not always be winning; my "win" was in October 2021; to date no result. Found AARP outsourced sweepstakes; would appreciate posts from other "winners" as to results.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I won a gift card sweepstakes in September and got the email with it just a few weeks ago. Hopefully you'll get yours soon. Still don't really understand why it takes them so long.

Conversationalist

I won a Chilis $100 sweepstakes last February.  But I did win a Target $10 Instant Win and a $10 Papa John's Instant Win just 4 days apart earlier this month.  I couldn't believe I won 2 so close together.  It will probably be months before I win again.

Trusted Contributor

Yes I have won two sweepstakes. The first one was for a $1000 check and a couple months ago I won $100 Safeway gift card. Since others have brought it up, I have also won multiple instant wins, including two this month. Don't know if there's a strategy but I max out my daily points and usually pick 5 to 7 sweepstakes and max out my entries to them. Hope your luck improves!

Trusted Contributor

I won a sweepstakes I think it was last May. It was a $200 e-card from office depot. I received it in approx 6 weeks,  it was sent sooner than expected because it said I would receive it by 8 weeks. 

Bronze Conversationalist

Yes, have won 2 Instant for $10 Zappos and won one $100 CVS and just recently $100 Amazon Sweepstakes. Have been a member since Nov 2020. There are stragegies that can be employed 🤔 . There are over 38 million members of AARP spread out thru the 50 states; so the odds can be as hard as a state lottery or scratch off (you know there are many folks who pour lots of money on the lotteries but never win; at least not the big ones.)

Final thought: AARP is first and foremost a 'senior advocacy org' providing info and resources for seniors and the rewards and sweeps are 'nice extras' - it's certainly enticing, engaging and keeps us 'busy' in their web realm. 😎

annamac62 - Not bad luck, just a random covergence of probabilities where people's desires and expectations are not always a factor. 🙄

Regular Contributor

Sadly, no I haven't despite many many entries 😥.

Trusted Contributor

almost hate to answer because this will sound like an endorsement.  I won 1 sweepstakes, a 100 dollar gift card from Apple.  Had a hellacious time collecting it, but that's called digression.  That 1 win was after spending 10 entries for most all sweepstakes since day 1. In the last month, I have cut back to 5 entries and been more selective on which ones I play.  So the short answer is yes, I have won, but soooooooooooooooooooooo infrequently it barely counts.

Social Butterfly

@annamac62  In the same boat.  Tried for a year to see if I could win a sweepstakes and the instant win.  Nothing.  Now I just let points accumulate and send a card to family and friends once I get enough points.  Easier, faster and always appreciated.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP