Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Super Contributor

Gift cards

I have called the phone number & at my age still have over the age of 55+ questions of the internet website & Rewards that for me the most part only AARP Rewards can answer so in my interrnet illiterate I see if this Post for me today.

I select to buy a $100.00 Kroger Gift card & save 12%: in my English understanding one point equals one dollar? so in this purchase transaction &/or Redeem transaction I will lose 88 points to purchase the Kroger Gift Card for $88.00???

What happened to the Dunkin Donut Gift cards???? I am like drooling out here while I'm still asking questions about the Rewards & the different versions of the Gift cards...

Also: what is an eGift card? I believe when I called a few weeks ago she stated I could also purchase those & print them out since I do not have "telephone" junk for whatever that is all about..

Perhaps its BEST for me to just call & continue asking with a Human Being (Necessity)..
0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@LaurajW510385   I don't think points are required to buy gift cards.   On the free items, there is not a consistent point per dollar value.  It varies from card to card.  I don't buy cards as I don't think they are a good deal.   There is a risk of buying and then losing them or having a malfunction.   We used to be mailed plastic cards but now one has to print out the "cards" or have them on your phone.   I am not expert enough to keep anything much on my phone.   (If I'm not right about no points for buying cards, someone please correct me.)   Do you belong to any of the warehouse clubs (Costco, Sam's BJs)?   You can buy plastic gift cards there for 20% discount, although they don't have Kroger.    Welcome to our board.  Hope this helps.  

Super Contributor

Good Day HokiePoq:

I decided to call Rewards AARP & ask. The Gift cards at the discount price are for sale with money not points. I was walked through how to filter the cards available for points only & during this education there is not much there for me & others are for Members Only as well as Sweepstakes. I'm a bit bummed yet still new at this!!!

I did not know anything within Redeeming points or Reward is "free" You must tell me where things are "free" in the Rewards section please?! Its okay about the phone I do understand I have a flip phone Original School! No warehouse stuff for me at this time.

In regards to all of this for me I understood you can "buy gift cards" I was in reference to buying with Points & what I learned or saw last week not much that day.

Thank you for your help your update. Thanks for the welcome to the board. Everything helps as long as I guess I'm learning not much as far as enjoying a Dunkin Donuts gift card bought with my Points or Kroger's.

Not quite sure I'm enjoying being forced to stay at home forced to obtain internet & a copy machine at my youthful self & forced to learn more guess for now it definitely keeps me busy. Thank you Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@LaurajW510385   Did you see the Kroger $10 for points today?   That's a pretty good deal.  Go for it!

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Good Day HokiePoq: 

Oh my ...today I played for the Daily Deal & did not win...other than that..I'll do what I can till I get enough points for a $5.00 card something I would like. I'm not spending my limited income on cards I will use my Points.

I wanted to ask you about something earlier today & a few days ago & I keep forgetting to do so. I will try to ask when I learn to get back to you once I reply from your response.

Enjoy your evening where ever you are & Super Bowl!!!

Appreciate the communications out here in virus world

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

I'll remember when I hang up.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@LaurajW510385   Glad you called to be sure of your answer.   At the time I'm  writing this, there are several $5 cards available for points.   When you get to the main page, click on  Redeem and See All Rewards to see them.    The ones that are there now are Extra Credit cards.  This means you have to complete certain videos and quizzes to get access to them.   I find these more easily from the Discover tab at the top of the page.  You do the activities and then they are available for you to redeem.   We are allowed three such redemptions for points each month.  These are very small cards compared to what has been available in the past but they are there now for everyone to have access to.    When other cards for points only redemption have been available, you see them in the same place, just no activities to be completed to get to them.    Good luck!    I haven't redeemed any yet this month.  Hoping for something better than $5 but $5 is better than nothing if you have points you need to redeem.

Super Contributor

Good Day HokiePoq:

Thank you for your update..while I work on catching up to a whole bunch of stuff on my to do bucket list while staying shelter in place I respond.

Yeah I did one of those Extra Credit things & put the card in the cart only to find it was gone after 1-2 days & then no more of those. So the Extra Credit cards are available with points? I did not know that! 

No such thing as luck I probably signed up in a hurry & more than likely regret it now. Plus I have not been on the website for a few days except yesterday trying to figure out how to Reply to you. Perhaps I may get there today.

I do appreciate your help your assistance with all of this for I am internet illiterate & at times in clicking in places I find myself someplace I feel I should not be there & it scares me-so I'm still even learning email & that at times is on the email provider & they never tell me so I can scratch that off as to what exactly is going on..

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

Social Butterfly

@LaurajW510385 

Hey Laura 

Welcome & good luck

I love your closing "Stay healthy" may snitch from time to time 

Thanks! 

Stay safe and blessed always 

Ginger  ;  )

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Thanks for the KUDOS...I do not know what those are.

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@LaurajW510385    That means someone likes what you posted.   

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

Good Day to you GM/Social Butterfly:

...no such thing as good-luck I've met Lucky at that time he was employed within the Sheriff's office.

With my Copy Rights & Publishing Rights all is Protected from propaganda as well as Proprietary Rights of plagiarism - no stealing other peoples work.

Safe & Protected in all Blessed

Thank you for your support in my internet illiterate as well as AARP postings-still a bit scary for me.

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@LaurajW510385   I could not do it on my phone for sure.  My fingers are too big and clumsy these days.   Good luck with your learning and you stay healthy as well!

Super Contributor

Thank you HokiePok & I would appreciate the adverse of "good luck" I have no rabbits foot no 4-leaf clover I have to learn all this via trial & error.

One more question of you HokiePoq. I did one of those Extra Credits & for me there are no gift cards at the bottom to purchase with cash. I'm surprised no gift cards which I would not spend the funds to buy so I'm learning.

Last night I did a couple of those quizzes & the website did not acknowledge me doing none of them no matter how many times I redid the quizzes-I still go no Check mark on the Earn page for me. See technology for me & I will never know if its the website or the internet..

Super Bowl is coming up!!!

Thank you

Stay Healthy!!!

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@HokiePoq 

Hey Hokie

😂thanks for the chuckle 😍

I too have long & big recently broken now permanently messed up fingers which requires a big phone so tackle on my Note 8 best I can but can't stand the red feedback button & ads that at times cover half of my large phone 🤯🙃

Enjoy the day

Ginger ;  ) 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP