Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Getting around in here?

I am very new to this site, got to tell you Its a hoot getting around in here.  I post , can't

find it. I think I replyed, don't see it.  lost my way Every single day.  Got to be members like

me here some where?  Just hoolar ,  maybe I can here you. 😉.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Welcome. I don't know if you have figured it out with the other's suggestions or not. I just thought I would add my 4 cents. (Inflation ya know)

I am new here also and learning my way around. My philosophy is click stuff till ya find it. 

If you click on your "My Settings", on that page look for "Subscriptions and Notifications" and click that. Then on that page look for "Notification Settings" and click that. On that list is a setting that says "Notify me when I post, reply, submit a review, or comment". Put a check in that box and you will be notified for those things by email. Be sure and scroll down to click "Save". I suppose it will give you a link to click. That should help you find stuff.

And even easier for watching particular post or board is to Bookmark. Whenever you want to keep on reading what gets on a particular thread or board, when you are viewing that page of thread or board, look up at the top above the first post and you will see "Topic Options". Click the three little dots in front of that. Look at the drop box and see "Bookmark". Click that and it is bookmarked. Now to find your bookmarked threads at top right of page look for the little arrow next to "Forums". There is a list of all the forums and at the top will be your bookmarked threads to click on and go there. You can remove them as bookmarks the same way.

Hope that helps in a small way.

Periodic Contributor

I  am so Happy for just 4 cents,  with my penny I have a nickle an am finely finding

some stuff,  So agan thank you.  It a lot of fun  I just go back and read your stuff,  I will finly 

fins it again.  Hummmmm.

Social Butterfly

You are very welcome @j306569s. Keep at it and have fun.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@j306569s Welcome to the AARP online community! You can learn about our community by viewing various help topics found here: https://community.aarp.org/t5/About-Our-Community/bd-p/AboutOurCommunity Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything 😀

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

When you are signed in - at the top of the page you will see the location of your information - your profile - your settings and other stuff.  Like this:

Capture.PNG

If you click on your PROFILE it list all your post.

You pick your settings as the best way for you to use this whole board.

The dropdown arrow at FORUM gives you all the different boards.

Under the Tech board under the category of " About Our Community" there are a number of locked topics (called stickys) that are" how to's" at the top from AARPMichael.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Are you sure your not a rapper.   its a caughtie litttle ditty.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP