Fix the payment issue

I can't be the only person with payment issue I have tried several times and I get the same error

it does the same when I try to pay with PayPal  too! 

there's nothing wrong with my card

703201DC-8274-4D3A-8956-971609542F31.jpeg

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

You're not the only one.  This payment issue is still occurring, especially when trying to purchase the popular Daily Deals.  Wish AARP could fix, but it appears there's no fix available.  @AARPJanelleM was suppose to escalate over a week ago, but I never heard back and problem continues.  There is nothing wrong with my credit card, so it's an AARP issue.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49 Thank you for letting me know you did not hear back from the escalation I created on August 11. I have notified my next level of support for assistance with this concern as soon as possible. Please keep an eye out for an email response. 

0 Kudos

Just so you know, I tried to renew a 3 year membership to AARP and I keep getting MSS48 errors. I was a member for a few years then left and was trying to come back but it appears the web site isn't working so I won't bother renewing. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@j316290s We hope you reconsider and decide to give us another try. When you have a moment, please give us a call for further assistance: 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277).

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Hi @AARPJanelleM 

FYI:  I tried to purchase the Crate and Barrel gift card that was available today.  It's not a popular one, so there was no problem getting the card into the cart and proceed to checkout, however, couldn't complete the transaction and got the  "something went wrong" message, at checkout.   I decided to call AARP Rewards Support as instructed, but didn't want to go through the trouble with checking my browser settings with AARP as the issue is not on my end.  I told the AARP rep to send a report to tech support.  I'm on a Windows desktop computer using Firefox browser.  I had no issues purchasing gifts cards in July, but my problems started when changes to the AARP website occurred this month (August).  Hope this extra info will help solve the issues and hope you can forward to your tech support.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks, @AARPJanelleM .   Hopeful, the issue can be fixed.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Same problem. Customer support is clueless as well.

0 Kudos
Contributor

This is so aggravating. I have tried 4 different GOOD credit cards and I'm getting this error message. It does no good to call the number because they can't help. How come we can't purchase the gift cards with the customer service rep? Can you please fix this.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @LawrenceG164274, here to help! Please try clearing cookies and cache in your web browser. Log out and log back in to AARP Rewards: https://aarp.org/rewards

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking on the ellipsis option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the reply.

0 Kudos
Contributor

That does not work.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Useless. Can’t even accept payments which keeps this site and company alive lol

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JohnP366062 Have you been able to complete your purchase? Please try again and let me know if you are still having issues. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

One would think after a year you guys would have you **bleep** together, but nope. 

I had to get executive leadership involved last year and will do so again if necessary. I enjoyed my $50 gift card from AARP as well for all the troubles, but cmon fix this site, it isn't hard...

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Don't believe me read below!!

Dear Mr. 

I am writing on behalf of AARP CEO Jo Ann Jenkins concerning the poor experience you have recently had with the AARP Rewards program.

This is not the experience we strive for, and profusely apologize for the frustration you have experienced.  We understand that our failure to communicate quickly and openly only exasperated the situation and can promise that we will do better in the future.

You will receive a email directly from Carnival with your replacement Carnival egift card. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free contacting me directly at (202) 258-6665.

Kind Regards,  Carrie

Manager, Consumer Care Ombudsman Team

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@AlexD368089 You will have to call the number as we are not experiencing any issues with credit cards at this time.

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi AARP, i need help why i cannot using my credit card to pay some gift card.

There was a problem with your payment. Please try again or contact AARP Rewards Support at 1-866-451-6305.

I think my card no problems. can you help me please.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hello AARP i got this payment error to. There is nothing problems with my card number. When i click checkout just gettin error message. Please check back your system. I think any problems with your system.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@KeithS843594 What browser are you using? Have you tried logging out and back in to your AARP Rewards account already? 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos

I use Mozzila Firefox and already logging out and login back to my account. but seem gettin error page when i put my card number.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@NelidaP335098 All forms of payment are currently working. You can send me a private message if you need more help. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Contributor

I got some issue with payment form too. i use my credit card but gettin error page.

where i can to contact about this problems?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@AlexD368089 Call 1-866-451-6305. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Circling back on this @ArthurL683529. There is no known issue with payments in AARP Rewards at this time. Please feel free to contact us via Private Message if you need any more help. 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@ArthurL683529 What browser are you using? Please clear your cache and cookies, log out and back in and let me know if that does the trick! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: Social Security

Discuss your thoughts about the 2022 Social Security cost-of-living adjustment with AARP experts - and ask a question to earn 50 AARP Rewards points. Join the discussion now.

AARP Make Your Move Contest 2021

Enter Today! Ends 10/22/2021. See Official Rules

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health