Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Earth Hour 2023 -- TONIGHT!

Please turn off all of your lights tonight, for one hour! Save our planet! ๐Ÿ™‚

๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ

โ™ก https://www.earthhour.org/ โ™ก

๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒฑ๐Ÿงโ€โ™€๏ธ

Earth Hour...

Begins anywhere you are, at exactly 830PM tonight, local time, and ends at 930PM.

My husband and I literally turn off everything at the main breaker (well, most everything). We play guitars, play cards, whatever, by candlelight. We listen to music on a radio (battery-run). And, if it's dark enough (and weather permitting), we'll go outside, and stargaze. It's the quietest it's ever been! I love it. It also humbles us to remember our ancestors who did not have what we have today, to include electricity... 'back in the day' they mostly had gas lights/fire light, and fire to cook. ๐Ÿ™‚

It's Only One Hour! ;)It's Only One Hour! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Trusted Social Butterfly

The other night at work a couple folks were discussing recent UAP reports. The discussion quickly boiled down to the old question, 'Does Life Exist Anywhere Else In The Universe...Yes or No?'. For some reason, even though I was only an observer, not a participant in the conversation, it reminded me of this post.
I started wondering if more people were used to seeing the night sky free of light pollution and carpeted with stars, especially on moonless nights, would these conversations be different? Would we, collectively, have more of an intuitive sense that we are, in all likelihood, not alone in the universe despite no actual evidence of life elsewhere? Such a subtle paradigm change might lead to a shift in the notions of what was relevant in such a discussion. Rather than debating a simple, and relatively irrelevant, yes or no question, would the topics shift to 'Are the distances involved in interstellar travel insurmountable?'. And, if not, what kind of culture is required for a sentient species to responsibly and safely manage and use the types and amounts of energy and technology required to make travel among the stars practical?

Trusted Social Butterfly

When I was a kid we would sometimes visit relatives who lived in very remote places.  On clear nights the stars were like carpet in the sky...so many stars that I used to wonder how the Ancients picked out the constellations from a sky so full.  It would be nice to see night skies like that again...even if only for an hour.

Silver Conversationalist

Glad to see important reminders of taking care of our planet ๐ŸŒŽ ...

& each other!๐Ÿ‘ซ ๐Ÿ‘ฌ ๐Ÿ‘ญ

Good 4 U!๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ธ

Take care โ˜ฎ๏ธ ~Allen ๐ŸŒˆ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP