Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Community Emails Go To Spam Now

@AARPTeri 

A couple of weeks ago or so all of the email notices from the online community have almost all gone to my SPAM folder.  The email address of origin is: AARPCommunity@aarp.org.  I have been getting these email notices for years without a problem.

My regular AARP newsletters, such as the Webletter, The Daily and the Rewards emails are coming through to my "new mail" folder as usual.

Community email notices come when someone posts to a topic I have posted to myself, or if my online name is mentioned or if I receive Kudos (thanks for those by the way) all coming from the same email address: AARPCommunity@aarp.org.

It is really a bore to sort out the emails sent to my spam that are from the community.  I don't know what changed, however, I have added the email address to my contacts and I don't have a "white list" offered on my email service, just a "black list" of sorts.

Anybody else having a problem like this?

Thanks!

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Teri sad to report that I didn't receive any email notification of your post about fix ๐Ÿ˜ž

and also JoLo's 2 posts notification emails came to my Spam with her 2nd post received earlier than her 1st one ๐Ÿคฏ & Andrew's post email notification came to my spam box ๐Ÿ˜ž 

Congrats @andrewtoo Andrew yours working .... but no improvement in mine ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ™ƒ

Appreciate your efforts Teri

Ginger :  ) 

Silver Conversationalist

@AARPTeri 

Teri, would you like to comment on the community email post here and as to why some of us are not receiving any emails at all ???

Just Asking   

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

After the fix, I am no longer receiving Community email notifications or alerts.  It is strange that we are all experiencing a different outcome from the fix.   Actually, I much prefer to receive the Community emails in my Spam folder than receiving nothing at all.

Silver Conversationalist

Hi JoLo49:

I have been reading these post about community emails, Been here for a few years now and have never received any at all. Nothing in Spam either,  Been through all my settings and such and thought i had everything checked. What gives ?? am I missing something, I thought I was suppose to get them just never paid attention to why not. Getting all the other Newsletters and stuff with no problem, Got any suggestions. Thanks 

lucyp061351
0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@rednexsrus You can view and adjust your notification and subscription preferences by going to "My Settings" then click the "Subscriptions & Notifications" tab. Be sure to select which subscriptions and emails you want to receive, then click "Save". https://community.aarp.org/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi Lucy,

I no longer receive community emails and have to check on this forum instead to read the posts.  In the past, I was receiving them into my email inbox, which was great, however, then the emails started going into spam.  After the "fix" for the spam issue, I no longer receive the community emails.  I still receive all other AARP correspondence and newsletters, so I'm not sure why the community emails are not being received.  I hope this helps to let you know that you are not the only one not receiving them.  Thanks for letting me know that you are also not receiving them.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49 Let me help. Check out my reply above: " You can view and adjust your notification and subscription preferences by going to "My Settings" then click the "Subscriptions & Notifications" tab. Be sure to select which subscriptions and emails you want to receive, then click "Save". https://community.aarp.org/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings"

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything!

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPJanelleM 

My subscriptions and notifications are all enabled to be received through email , however, the only notifications that I'm not receiving are the Community emails from this forum.  I'm receiving all other AARP notifications.  The issue started when the Community emails were suddenly going to spam over a year ago, and then AARP support did a "fix", and now I don't received them at all.  The Community emails are the only ones affected. I'm not sure how many AARP members are affected, but the spam issue affected quite a few members before the fix.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JoLo49 Thanks for that information. I have created another escalation to have this looked into with the details you've provided. I appreciate your patience as we try to get to the bottom of this. 

Social Butterfly

๐Ÿ˜• Noticing now (several replies to my posts not notified of) I'm no longer getting email notifications of post at all also ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคฏ

Ginger  ; )

Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

Thanks for posting.  The email notices are inconsistent.  I received your post below within one minute?!?! The time posted on my email was "Mon, Oct 12, 2020 11:12 am" and the time posted on your actual post was "10-12-2020 11:12 AM."

However, I have not received an email notice of your post to another topic posted today at 12:23 PM.  So, it is inconsistent but the notices are no longer going to my SPAM folder.

Thanks!

Andrew

@gm5271 wrote:

๐Ÿ˜•Noticing now (several replies to my posts not notified of) I'm no longer getting email notifications of post at all also ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿคฏ

Ginger  ; )

AndrewToo
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

All Community Email Notices are still going straight to my Spam Folder.

It is mixed with real Trash Email and a bore to sort.

Maybe someone in IT can discover who to contact to get AARPCommunity@aarp.org whitelisted.  I use AOL Mail, but others are having the same issue for about three months.

Thanks in advance,

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

All Community Emails are going to my Spam folder also, despite adding to my contact list. Other AARP emails are arriving into my Inbox, so it's puzzling why the Community emails and Private Message alerts are not.   I now have to check Spam more frequently as the Community emails are filling up my Spam folder

Community Manager
Community Manager

@JoLo49  @andrewtoo @mi4090 

We had a fix earlier today that we are hoping resolved this issue for you - can you check and let me know if you are now receiving these notifications? 

Thank you!

AARPTeri
Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri @JoLo49 @gm5271 @mi4090 @ralmon 

Well, this is post number 50 to the topic, and, I am cautiously optimistic that the fix Teri mentioned might be working!!!

I received the two Community Email Notices (delayed by several hours) that JoLo posted to this topic below to my regular Inbox.  Although, I did not receive any notice of the post about the fix attached below.  Maybe the system wasn't sending notices during the fix.

Thanks so much to those who kept the topic alive, especially @AARPTeri !

Andrew

@AARPTeri wrote:

@JoLo49  @andrewtoo @mi4090 

We had a fix earlier today that we are hoping resolved this issue for you - can you check and let me know if you are now receiving these notifications? 

Thank you!

AndrewToo
Silver Conversationalist

Thanks, @andrewtoo  for letting us know you are receiving the Community notices in your Inbox.   I haven't received any Community emails since the fix went into effect.  I am hoping they are delayed, and I will eventually receive them.

JoLo49

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri 

Update:  It is 7 PM (EST), and I haven't received any AARP Community emails in my Spam Folder or Inbox.   It appears the fix is preventing the Community emails from being received.  I much prefer receiving the Community emails in the Spam folder than none at all.

JoLo49

Silver Conversationalist

Hi @AARPTeri 

I just happened to see your reply here on the forum @ 4:45 PM EST, so I checked my email's Inbox and Spam Folder.  I didn't receive any Community Email notifying of your response.  It appears I'm either no longer receiving the Community emails or perhaps the email could be delayed?

JoLo49

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

@andrewtoo @JoLo49 

Teri 

!!!DITTO!!!

Same issues here Still 

Thanks! Andrew & JoLo for keeping topic alive 

I'm also on AOL email have listed in contacts & everything possible do from my side Nothing changes so someone changed something from y'all side 

This has to be a bad thing for newbies that may not know to look in Spam... on forums other than Rewards those who post about losses & grief & COVID-19 things don't think others are replying or concerned with their posts ๐Ÿ˜ž

TERI BE AWARE NOT JUST REWARDS COMMUNITY ITS ALL COMMUNITY EMAILS at least all I'm involved with including your Girlfriend posts ARE GOING TO SPAM 

FYI I did a testing of checking spam since noticed some come later than post & appear after checked prior days of spam

Kept all Spam emails from last Sunday til today- Sunday... just checking each day removing Community ones from spam to inbox & keeping them 

Received 8 which were delayed from dates posted as Andrew mentioned same thing happening (I'd been deleting each days-therefore explaining seeing posts that I should've gotten emails but didn't) guess๐Ÿค” they were lost just hanging up in the cloud ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿฅด

Recieved total 342 spam emails..Whew..... which takes alot of time going through to find total of 12 emails from Community this week 

As JoLo & Andrew stated all other AARP emails arriving in inbox as always

Please help and fix what caused this to happen 3+months ago

Just seems unreal that fixes would take so long

Teri we'll be grateful for your help with this matter & getting settings back to way were 

Take care stay safe! 

Ginger ;  )

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello Rewards Warriors

I've been checking Spam daily for Community emails to no avail, but Kudos on Rewards website. 

Something is not looking good in the neighborhood๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

@mi4090 

I'm still getting all Community Emails in the Spam folder, however, most other AARP correspondence is getting into my Inbox.   

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @JoLo49 

Good you can at least get Spam mail,  All my stats are messed up and now missing mail thru Spam๐Ÿ˜ข

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Online Community email notices have become inconsistent and any that are received are going to my SPAM folder.

Strange delay: I received an email notice two and a half days after the post to the Online Community.  Post was "09-15-2020 10:15 AM"; community notice (that went straight to SPAM) was received "Sep 17, 2020 9:30 pm."  Many notices never come at all.

Strange, huh?

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@JoLo49  @andrewtoo  @mi4090 

Hey gang 

Sadly ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm getting less Community emails in spam but none coming to regular emails.... seems they are missing? Lost? 

Noticed 4 replies to my posts that I didn't receive any email notifications also 2 private messages saw on site but got no email notification? Bummer.... so trying keep check on threads see if replies

Maybe it means they are making change? Be nice if start coming way used to... girl can hope

Take care stay safe 

Ginger ๐Ÿ˜

Social Butterfly

@AARPTeri 

Community email is still all going to spam.  Also, the community email notification system has become unreliable.  I have not been receiving some of the email notices that I should, such as when a post goes to a topic that I am subscribed to, or my forum name is mentioned with an @.

I have seen this issue mentioned elsewhere while searching the community.  Please escalate this problem to IT.  Or, Please re-escalate this problem to IT.  We continue to report the problem and ask for support, but, all we hear are cicadas.

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

@AARPTeri 

!!!DITTO!!! Andrew thanks for your post

Indeed Teri this has become a mess.... same issues for me hate thought missing reply emails Also I've gotten 3 PM(private messages) for which I got no email in spam or anywhere only knew had once got on Community site... this is bummer ๐Ÿ˜’

PLEASE can 1 of you tell me how to put another's post in my post? I no longer know or see button used to use??

Appreciate any help thanks

Ginger ; ) ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜จ

Social Butterfly

@gm5271 

I just discovered your post below.  I didn't get a community email notice that you posted earlier yesterday.  This is frustrating @AARPTeri .

And, Gem, I am not sure how to "quote" a previous post.

Thanks,

AndrewToo
Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Thanks Andrew

Used to have a button to click I rarely used but at times desire to.... ;( think option still available have seen couple post with 'quote' in them just no idea how... maybe Teri can inform us how

Thanks! 

Also I'm curious why I grew from gold to ๐Ÿฆ‹ & your still silver?? Your more active than me.... strange 

Yes Teri @AARPTeri its becoming major issue

I received 2 emails in spam of getting kudos to 2 posts but didn't get email about Andrew's reply to my post here or replies to others ๐Ÿคฏ

So as Andrew stated in another thread.... seems to be an issue with all @ emails 

Please help thanks

Ginger :  )

Trusted Social Butterfly

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, it seems that Community emails have stopped coming to Spam, nothing for a month๐Ÿ˜ข

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP