Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 43

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, it seems that Community emails have stopped coming to Spam, nothing for a month😢

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 43

@andrewtoo 

Andrew, all my community email is going to Spam😢

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 43

@andrewtoo 

@AARPTeri (do u hear us?)

Thanks a bunch🤗 Andrew for keeping this issue up front

I'm still having issue & pretty tired of having search for emails😒... my gmail has really no spam but also don't use it...My AOL account had since got on internet in 1999 big spam issue.... example I just went through spam search Found 5 Community emails amongst 189 spam emails this was for 2 days 🤯 its crazy... used to only clear up on Sunday's but feel need check more often since have find Community emails there 😞

I've checked all my settings and my lists for spam addresses no issues there along with adding over 7 addresses to contacts... not helping.... No doubt AARP has changed the Community name in some way causing this because for over 5 years being on Community this only began few months ago. 

I'm tired of searching but also concerned might miss getting one 😨

Hopefully it'll get better soon

Thanks again

Enjoy your day and stay safe

Ginger ;  )

🙂 Smile & the world Smiles with you 😉 Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 43

@andrewtoo   I'm having this problem too.  You're right, it's been a pain and wish AARP will fix.

JoLo49.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 43

@AARPTeri 

All email notices from the this online Community coming from email AARPCommunity@aarp.org are still going to spam...Every email from this address.  It is a pain.

How many users are affected here?  Please post if it is just a note, like "I'm having this problem too."

Thanks so much,

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 43

@RussellP197074 

Unfortunately, the system I'm familiar with, the 3rd party filtering I mentioned, would be beyond AARP control. Headers would be modified after AARP sends the message out. Since multiple email providers can be using the same filter service, it could easily affect subscribers from different providers.

If you can view the email headers, it might be possible to figure out which service is doing the filtering. For instance, my provider uses vadesecure.com as the filter, which adds 3 extra fields to my email headers: X-VR-STATUS, X-VR-SCORE, X-VR-SPAMCAUSE.

My provider would take the first 2 fields (status and score) to decide if the mail goes to me or to junk. Luckily, they have a setting that allows me to receive all email despite the score. Not all providers allow that.

Other 3rd party filter services probably generate different header fields. Usually there will be some kind of score. If your email provider is using any such service, AARP can't do much about it.

Thanks to the spammers for making a simple thing like email convoluted for all of us.

Cheers,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 43

@ralmon 

Hello Ray,

I've exhausted all of my options in attempts on my website to recognize the Community email address and not move it to the spam folder.  Thanks for your comments.

@AARPTeri I received an email from the Foundation (giving@aarp.org) without it going to spam today.  So, it is not currently a problem like the Community address (AARPCommunity@aarp.org).

Thanks for your help, Teri.

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 43

@ralmon 

This seems to be happening to multiple subscribers across different platforms.  Wouldn't it be much easier if AARP just tried different combinations in their header?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 43

@andrewtoo 

Is there a website you can log into? Something like mail.aol.com? Usually spam settings should be available through such a portal under something that might be called options, or mail settings.

If they have whitelist features, you might be able to set it yourself without dealing with marketing trying to fill quotas.

Good luck,

Ray

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 43

@ralmon 

Thanks for the post.  Maybe that is the problem.  I called AOL about getting AARPCommunity@aarp.org whitelisted at the email provider level.  All the representative would talk about is what paid subscription I would need to get technical support.  I mentioned what I was calling about and he seemed to understand my problem, but, when I told him that I wasn't interested in paying for email, we were disconnected...LOL.  I never got the chance to tell him the email address, he seemed to really want to help (help me pay them for email service.)

AndrewToo
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit