Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Can anyone do the daily reward? I can't do anything with chances! Get error.

Regular Contributor

Can anyone do the daily reward? I can't do anything with chances! Get error.

The first few weeks of the new rewards I could do everything.  Now every time I enter anything that has chance it goes to an error message and suggest refreshing.   Tried different browsers, cleared all caches and nothing fixes the problem.  AARP is not supplying any answers.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@satinsmom  @Hokahey1491   We are still looking into this and haven't forgotten you.  We will update you both when we know the issue is resolved.  Thank you for your patience.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all your efforts!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

SIgh.  Two days of chance for book gift cards and still unable.  Oh, well probably wouldn't have won.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @satinsmom 

Absolutely unacceptable to not be able to participate in Instant Wins.  Are you trying the Free Method?  Try it be viewing Official Rules, hope you can play this way.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the thought.  Someone else mentioned this but it recognizes me and asks me to login.  Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @satinsmom 

The points & free entry method recognizes you, just login and try Free Method by entering requested info and pressing submit.  You'll automatically find out if you won.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Doesn't present me with an option to enter.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @satinsmom 

Please post a screenshot of what you're seeing, it will help Management and Community with assisting you.

Are you using the link for Free Method via Official Rules?  Screenshot please.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

When I go to the free entry after putting in my info I get this:

free.JPG

As posted below when I go to contests from my account I get a screen that tells me active draws are not available:

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@satinsmom   We made some fixes today - can you check and see if you can now enter these and let know?  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @satinsmom 

I've never seen or experienced that😢

@AARPTeri, @AARPCaroline , @AARPAng , @AARPBriana could you please help with issue of not being able to participate in Points entry or Free Method Instant Wins.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Have a Blessed Day

@mi4090 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mi4090  and @satinsmom   We have been reaching out via email to get more information so we can dig deeper.  Thanks for making sure we have seen this.

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

Don't know who to thank but for everyone who has helped, THANKS!  Finally was able to enter a sweepstake today.  YEAH!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @satinsmom 

So happy you are able participate with the Instant Wins and Sweeps now😊

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Thank you!

Trusted Social Butterfly

@AARPCaroline .

Could you also help @satinsmom who originated the post and has screenshots of the problem.

Have a Blessed Day

Marylin

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hokahey1491   @AARPCaroline 

Michelle - thank you for the screen shots they are extremely helpful to help us investigate further.  We are looking into this issue.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Nope! Sent info to customer service but never got any answers. 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

@Hokahey1491 Here to help. What issue are you still having? 

AARP Community Manager
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

After the first few weeks started getting an error message--please refresh on all instant wins.   After this posting the error messages have changed telling me active sweepstakes are not available.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@satinsmom  and @ds67896155   What error message are you getting when attempting to access these pages?  If you can post a screen shot that would be extremely helpful for us to get more information to dig on this one.

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I see this on every instant.  Just tried it this morning and different message.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@satinsmom   Thank you for sharing this error.  However, this is an error because the sweeps closed yesterday.  Are you seeing this on the instant wins or sweeps only?

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Capture.JPGAny idea why this keeps coming up on active offerings?   Different than my original error but still not allowing me to bid.   I have checked on several to make sure I am within the time frame.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Hi @satinsmom 

Have you tried the alternative way to enter (no points required)?

Go to this link:

https://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/rewards-terms-and-conditions/instant-win-rules/

...and click on the current daily instant win. The link is to a PDF file with Rules for the respective offer, but also contains a paragraph describing how to enter without points.

For today's offer (Macy card):

https://sweeps.aarp.org/catalogiw/oamoe_entry?game=69BE1EE8-F423-11E9-8FEB-6289360373E4

Cheers,
Ray

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Tells me I am in the system and try logging in.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hello @satinsmom 

Check to see if you're logged in, if so log out and back in and try.

Have a Blessed Day,

Marylin

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Appreciate everyone's help.  Clearing, re-signing in, different browsers on different pc's-- nothing helps.  Still cannot enter anything with chances.  Still getting error messages of one type or another.  Hopefully those of us with this problem are the minority.  

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP